I’ve wanted to do this for a long time

Hey everyone! I’ve tried to be healthy and work out more but I fall short when it comes to motivation. I would love to workout more, but most of the time I can’t bring myself to do it. I would love to make some friends on here that would like mutual support and motivation? Friend me if you’d like someone by your side through your transition! :)<3

Replies

• Chibilove
    Chibilove Posts: 28 Member
    Try and add me. I just tried to add you but it wont go through. Im also looking for new friends on here :) im crystal
  • aracely2224
    aracely2224 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Hi! MFP has helped me achieve my goals with the calorie count. I’m cheering for you!

You can do it! 🌺
  • LucyLou1303
    LucyLou1303 Posts: 11 Member
    I’m new to this too! Definitely having motivation would help!!
  • annie8424
    annie8424 Posts: 2 Member
    I feel you ...motivation is what I need! :smile:
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    edited October 2019
    You don't necessarily have to "workout" in the traditional sense of the word in order to improve your fitness. Anything that gets you moving more is good - it could be taking the cute pooch on the back seat there out for a walk, it could be taking up a dance class, getting out gardening.

Increasing your NEAT (non-exercise activity thermogenesis) i.e. having a more active lifestyle can help too (some great tips here https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/exercise/get-active-your-way/)

For me I only started really enjoying exercise after I quit the gym, I have some weights at home for normal workouts but most of my exercise is walking, hiking and rowing.

Motivation doesn't last long, what lasts long is routine and habit and habits are more likely to stick if you're doing something you enjoy or something that is easy to include in your day.
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    edited October 2019
    You don't necessarily have to "workout" in the traditional sense of the word in order to improve your fitness. Anything that gets you moving more is good - it could be taking the cute pooch on the back seat there out for a walk, it could be taking up a dance class, getting out gardening.

Increasing your NEAT (non-exercise activity thermogenesis) i.e. having a more active lifestyle can help too (some great tips here https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/exercise/get-active-your-way/)

For me I only started really enjoying exercise after I quit the gym, I have some weights at home for normal workouts but most of my exercise is walking, hiking and rowing.

Motivation doesn't last long, what lasts long is routine and habit and habits are more likely to stick if you're doing something you enjoy or something that is easy to include in your day.

Probably one of the truest and most insightful comments I’ve ever read on this site 😊