Stay-at-home Mama needs support on health journey!!

I'm a 30 year old mama to a very sweet but VERY active little 3 year old boy. I'm struggling to keep up with him and feeling like I'm not the best mom I can be for him is severely adding to my depression and anxiety. It's safe to say I've hit rock bottom and I need to do something, quick.

I am 5'4 and weighing in today at 270 pounds (highest weight was 283 😳). I would love to get down to 160 or lower, but for now my main goal is getting out of the 200's and into "onederland". I plan on following a low-carb and sugar/dairy-free diet and doing at-home cardio and weight training and will be sharing progress pictures along the way.

I can't wait to eventually become the person who "made it" so that I can help others who are still struggling like I am. It seems impossible right now but I'm determined to get healthy for myself and for my family.

I'd LOVE some mom friends who are in the same boat to support and cheer on and share meals and ideas with!!! Please add me if you need a friend!

Replies

• SarahMorris12
    SarahMorris12 Posts: 12 Member
    I also am a stay at home mom. I’m 30. My weight at delivery of my last baby was 259. I’m down to 203 as of today. Started really resign in June this year at 238. So I’m down 35 pounds in around 4 months. Friend me and we can support each other!! Share tips and struggles etc.
  • bonsaipink17
    bonsaipink17 Posts: 7 Member
    Thanks ladies 💗💗 So happy to hear from you guys. I just figured out how to find my posts so just now getting around to adding you. Thanks for reaching out!!
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,471 Member
    hey mamas, best of luck to you all!
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    I'm a 30 year old mama to a very sweet but VERY active little 3 year old boy. I'm struggling to keep up with him and feeling like I'm not the best mom I can be for him is severely adding to my depression and anxiety. It's safe to say I've hit rock bottom and I need to do something, quick.

I am 5'4 and weighing in today at 270 pounds (highest weight was 283 😳). I would love to get down to 160 or lower, but for now my main goal is getting out of the 200's and into "onederland". I plan on following a low-carb and sugar/dairy-free diet and doing at-home cardio and weight training and will be sharing progress pictures along the way.

I can't wait to eventually become the person who "made it" so that I can help others who are still struggling like I am. It seems impossible right now but I'm determined to get healthy for myself and for my family.

I'd LOVE some mom friends who are in the same boat to support and cheer on and share meals and ideas with!!! Please add me if you need a friend!

Welcome,

In regards to the 2 bits I've bolded.

You don't need to do this quick. rather you need to do it sustainability. Small, simple changes that you find easy and effortless will yield far better results in the long run than drastic changes that can't be maintained.

Don't wait to be the person who 'made it'. You need to be that person today. Right now. Become and start to live the life of that person who 'made it' today. It may take your body a few years to catch up but you need to start being the person you want to be for the rest of your life immediately.

G'luck
  • rickigageby
    rickigageby Posts: 149 Member
    also SAHM with a 2 almost 3 year old and a 7 month old!
  • glitterblood
    glitterblood Posts: 6 Member
    Hey! I work from home and have my 18-month-old son with me too; it's hardgoing but so worth it! Would love to be a mum friend because I have none here and it's nice to have people in the same scenario.
    You got this!
  • snippitychic
    snippitychic Posts: 9 Member
    You all can add me as well, I’m not a stay at home mom but I am a mom 😀. Just starting out!
  • mrsfruitbat2017
    mrsfruitbat2017 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello, I'm a proud mummy of a 4 week old baby girl but I've found myself eating anything and everything since the birth - I'll happily stand in the kitchen at midnight and eat an entire wedge of brie and a packet of pate AND return 10 minutes later for a shedload of cereal and chocolate. And it doesnt even touch the sides.

This over eating probably stems from being sick over pregnancy and also avoiding loads of food... I've got my food freedom back but I can't let it get out of control! I've put 3kgs on this month!

Feel free to add me and I'll gladly support you along the way :)
  • darleamccaffrey
    darleamccaffrey Posts: 6 Member
    Hiyeh, Having lost 5stone since I delivered my little one, I am walking proof that we can and we will lose weight even as mums! Add me as a friend :) I'd be delighted to help and share tips :) anyone else feel free too xx