Don’t want to subtract workout calories

Is there a way to get mfp not to subtract the exercise calories from your total daily calories?

Replies

• jenngitch
    jenngitch Posts: 190 Member
    Settings > Goals > Fitness-Edit > "adjust my calorie goal">off
  • sharonjsauve
    sharonjsauve Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you!!
  • PTA4LYF
    PTA4LYF Posts: 87 Member
    you are wrong MFP doesnt expect you to eat the calories back it is teling you the total amount of calories you can consume after the exercise calories are added in so you can still maintain the weight loss goal that you have already established
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    You can enter "1" manually for the calorie amount when putting in your exercise.

You can also make it 1,000,000 and eat anything you want.
  • slimdownt
    slimdownt Posts: 105 Member
    sijomial wrote: »
    slimdownt wrote: »
    wn4r41777bfx.jpg

@slimdownt

Please stop posting this.
    It's not just inaccurate and irresponsible - it's verging on the stupid.

1) A lot of tools or calculations give perfectly reasonable estimates. Not all estimates are high.
    2) Highly unlikely any estimate is so inaccurate it could switch someone from a deficit to a surplus. For someone set to lose 1lb/week the estimate would have to be out by 500+ calories!

There's a whole lot of new users who understate their activity setting, select an inappropriately fast rate of loss and you are compounding that by suggesting people don't account for a perfectly valid energy need of their body.

If you don't like accounting for exercise expenditure this way at least promote a sensible alternative such as using a TDEE calculator.

I'll continue to lose weight while others gain not a problem. Have a good day.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Given that MFP does allow you to set your own calorie goals, which you can set based on TDEE if you like, then you can't just assume that everyone using MFP should always eat back their calories and that if they don't they are creating too large of a deficit.

I like to key in 1 for my calorie burn, no matter what MFP says because like any other user entered data, some of the calculated calorie burns are way higher than realistic for someone my size.