Last film you saw...

Replies

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    Cutemesoon wrote: »

Am not a Michael B Jordan fan, however, this collaboration with Foxx & the storyline looks like a movie I would want to make a point watching. Thank you!

You are welcome. And I'm NOT a fan of his either. It premiered at a film festival and its an amazing film!

Interesting trailer. Might have to watch it.

I am not a fan of him at all. Don't like his acting style.

They have put him in as John Clark, the lead character of Tom Clancy's"Without Remorse". I am dreading it, because I dear he will destroy the character. But, when it comes out, I will see it with as much of an open mind as I can

I was planning to read that. I will hold off until after watching the movie. Don't want to ruin it .

I would go ahead and read it. According to IMDB, it is in pre-production and is slated for a 2020 release. Seems far fetched for it to be next year as it doesn't list full cast.

I will be reading it again soon.

I don't want to dislike him for his interpretation, embodiment and portrayal of the character though S.

Understandable. I'm one who prefers to read a book before seeing the movie, as I like to see how close to the novel they make the movie.

I tend to prefer that too S, only that this time I already know they have cast him for the lead. The disappointed blow will be less severe if the novel is the follow-up in this case.
  • beerdedbastard
    beerdedbastard Posts: 641 Member
    Between Two Ferns: The Movie
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,492 Member
    Downton Abbey. If you liked the show, you’ll love the movie. Well done!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Peanut Butter Falcon. I liked it.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,861 Member
    Joker
    4/5
  • tinuz
    tinuz Posts: 1,123 Member
    Shaft
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    What year is it?

The last newer movie (made in the 2000s) I saw I was "I'd give it a year" on Hulu.

Last movie I viewed, older movie I've seen 100s of times: "Captains Courageous" (1937 version) with Lionel Barrymore, Spencer Tracy, Mickey Rooney, John Carradine, and Freddie Bartholomew. One of my all time favorite movies!!
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,861 Member
    edited October 2019
    Spider Man 2 (Raimi)
    4.5/5

It’s the antidote for Joker’s toxic nihilism. World needs more Peter Parkers and less Arthur Flecks.
  • beerdedbastard
    Joker 🤡♥️
  • CaliValleyGirl
    CaliValleyGirl Posts: 744 Member
    Watching scream
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,356 Member
    Percy Jackson Sea of Monsters
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,356 Member
    Joker 🤡♥️

How was this?
  • beerdedbastard
    Joker 🤡♥️

How was this?

I thought it was fantastic. Had Health not played him first, Joaquin's performance would be the measuring stick. It's got a dark, gritty fee--think Se7en--and it's perfect for the character and subject.
  • Cricketmad88
    Cricketmad88 Posts: 415 Member
    Hacksaw ridge epic film
  • wmd1979
    wmd1979 Posts: 469 Member
    adampeart wrote: »
    Hacksaw ridge epic film

And a true story. Watching it, I kept thinking that the whole thing had to be exaggerated, but I was shocked to find out that it was an incredibly accurate depiction.
  • Cricketmad88
    Cricketmad88 Posts: 415 Member
    Yep it's madness when you think it's true!
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    Joker. It was amazing
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    A Quiet Place ... pretty cool horror/suspense flick