What do YOU eat for lunch?

Replies

• peachvine29
    peachvine29 Posts: 400 Member
    I usually have a turkey sandwich, with good quality turkey, havarti cheese, ancient grain bread, spinach, tomato, onion, and real mayo. I toast the bread and heat up the meat and cheese in the microwave. It's delicious.
  • saintor1
    saintor1 Posts: 376 Member
    Wrap with caramelized onion hummus, firm tofu and mustard.
  • stv1520
    stv1520 Posts: 199 Member
    Leftovers from dinner sometimes. Lately it's a stick of string cheese, a veggie (yesterday was leftover green peas), a pouch of the Starkist tuna creations (buffalo or hickory smoked) and Greek yogurt with Chia seeds mixed in. Oh, and my treat-a grape sugar free Monster...
  • jthillk
    jthillk Posts: 17 Member
    Today's lunch was chicken breast, green beans, sautéed mushrooms and acorn squash.
  • memurph88
    memurph88 Posts: 102 Member
    edited October 2019
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Every single day is freshly made salad that consists of tomato, cucumber, peppers, avocado, olives, romaine and all topped with either previously made or leftover protein. The protein is the only thing that really varies day to day. Easy and nourishing.

This is what I like to do too.
    I always make more than enough salad for dinner, so I'll take that, with whatever protein we had, for lunch the next day.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Healthy Choice "simply" chicken fried rice.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    I have a huge salad for lunch each day with spring greens, green onion, parsley, basil, red pepper, jicama, tomato, cucumber, and sunflower seeds with a Bolthouse dressing. I usually add garbanzo beans but sometimes switch up the protein with a different bean, tuna, or chicken.
  • IamBorg
    IamBorg Posts: 49 Member
    Today it was a potato, pork roast, and brussels sprouts with butter & sour cream.

Tomorrow's planned is cooked cabbage and broccoli with butter and a few ham slices. If I'm still hungry I'll add a tomato.
  • wendyheath32
    wendyheath32 Posts: 74 Member
    Salads with crispy tofu and lentils or sometimes I have a smoothie bowl with lots of seeds and some protein powder. It is getting colder now so I'm hoping to get into making some soups
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Stuffed green peppers today.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Someone disagrees that I eat a healthy choice for lunch? I am interested to understand who is spying on me and stalking what I eat for lunch :D
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    I batch cook lunch & dinner every weekend. Lunch is usually chicken breast (prepared different each week), a veggie(broccoli, squash, corn cauliflower or carrots) & a carb (sweet or red potato, brown rice or sometimes cauliflower fried rice).
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Today, as is often the case, last night's dinner left-overs.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Someone disagrees that I eat a healthy choice for lunch? I am interested to understand who is spying on me and stalking what I eat for lunch :D

I totally agree. Sometimes it’s just what you want/need.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Leftover sausage veg sheet pan dinner, recipe from MFP blog. Delicious!
  • AwesomeOpossum74
    AwesomeOpossum74 Posts: 106 Member
    edited October 2019
    gocycle wrote: »
    I had a burger topped with tomato sauce and mozzarella
    So basically a cheeseburger with ketchup? ;)

My lunch time is my time to unwind a bit from work. I usually go out to eat ... typical fast food/diner type places generally.

Today was Whataburger (not my first choice, but was lunching with my parents), bacon cheeseburger and fries, unsweet tea. 1200cal.

Most of the time I eat within my weight management calories; lunches in the 700-800cal range, not terrible in fat, high protein, so I don't feel bad.
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    today I ate an entire package of frozen peas that were heated in the microwave first. that was an hour ago. I'm starving and headed to the kitchen to heat up some chicken and rice.

usually lunch is chicken, rice and beans (seasoned variably to eliminate boredom)
  • kaika_dragon
    kaika_dragon Posts: 101 Member
    Today? Two hard boiled eggs and some grapes. That's kind of a pathetic lunch by my standards, though. :/
    I live in California, and the power outages royally messed up my meal planning this week.
    Normally, my lunches Monday through Wednesday or Thursday are just leftovers I boxed up from whatever I made for dinner on the weekend and Monday evening. By Thursday or Friday, I've often run out of leftovers and don't have time to cook, so I'll start making sandwiches + a veggie side dish if I've got ingredients, or something easy from my freezer - like frozen potstickers and broccoli, which I microwave and sprinkle some sesame oil, soy sauce and vinegar on.
  • lleesabb
    lleesabb Posts: 12 Member
    Today and most days I had a wrap with arugula Swiss cheese hot peppers.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    edited October 2019
    My husband works from home and I work about 2 miles away, so it's pretty convenient for me to just pop home most days. We eat a variety of different lunches but some of the most common would be these...

veggie burger on toast with pickles, onion, lettuce, etc. and baked sweet potato fries
    egg salad (or tofu salad) sandwiches and broccoli slaw
    taco salad
    crab salad with Thai chili sauce & tons of veggies
    lentils, string cheese & fruit smoothie
    split peas cooked with carrots & onions and a scoop of cottage cheese
    English muffin pizzas w/ mushrooms & peppers & side salads
    tuna melt panini & a peach or pear