Injury

For the past couple of weeks or so, I’ve noticed some weakness in my forearm.
It Feels like a pulled muscle maybe...I have continued to lift until today where it just got the better of me.
Just got in from the gym where I was planning on my pull routine & I feel deflated.
Anyone else had anything similar?
I hate not being able to workout & guess I was stupid to not rest it earlier.
Deadlifting is particularly painful ( not agony but not right)

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Could be many things. More than likely you can still train. Adjusting your volume, intensity, or use a different range of motion that is comfortable to you would usually be a reasonable option if you felt comfortable doing so.

Sometimes these things arise from not pulling the slack out of the bar on a deaflift, too much pulling volume, inappropriate intensity, or even bar position on squats can aggravate some tendon issues.

Another option "might" be using lifting straps to take the grip portion out of a pull.

If you decide to continue training, start at a low warm up weight and build up during your session to where the pain is tolerable at worse. Then just lower the intensity slightly.

The idea is things should not being worse. They should either maintain or better over time.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    What do you think it might be from?

You can still work your back without your forearms. If your gym has a velcro ankle attachment, you can do cable rows and pulldowns, by placing the strap just above your elbow. For bicep curls, place the strap on your wrist and use a floor-level cable.
  • spraytanninghelens
    spraytanninghelens Posts: 92 Member
    Thank you both for your replies. I will most definitely look into the lifting straps for future training.
    I’m not sure how I have done it but it’s most definitely from lifting. I have been going heavier than usual so maybe dropping the weight could work. It’s been niggling me for a while but it doesn’t seem to be getting any better.

I think I may rest for the next few days and try again with a lower weight. Just feel like sometimes I take two steps forward and then three steps back.