Ground Turkey

Replies

• ohcobblers
    ohcobblers Posts: 52 Member
    I just realized that the previous one is not the one I use. This is. The 5-Spice is the winner here along with the shredded basil and mint.

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/249161/five-spice-turkey-lettuce-wraps/
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    I stuff peppers with ground turkey, just make a meatloaf with it and stuff them, also I make meatloaf with turkey. I a l so make tacos with ground turkey and dont have a shell, just cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and the meat!
  • aries68mc
    aries68mc Posts: 173 Member
    Home-Cooked Turkey Meatloaf

Servings: 6
    Calories per Serving: 124

Ingredients:
    • ¾ cup quick-cooking oats
    • 1/3 cup skim milk
    • 1 tsp. olive oil
    • ½ cup yellow onion, minced
    • 2 tsp. minced garlic
    • 2 tsp. oregano
    • ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
    • 1 tsp. ground black pepper
    • 1 6 oz. bag baby spinach, roughly chopped
    • 1 lb. extra lean (99% fat free) ground turkey breast
    • 1 egg, lightly beaten
    • 1 egg white
    • 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
    • 2 Tbsp. ketchup

Directions:
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a small baking sheet or 8 x 8 pan with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
    2. Stir together oats and milk in a bowl and set aside.
    3. Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook while stirring frequently and until soft for about 5 minutes. Add garlic, oregano, crushed red pepper flakes and black pepper; cook while stirring for 1 minute. Add baby spinach and continue cooking until wilted. Transfer to a large bowl and cool.
    4. Once vegetables have cooled, add oat/milk mixture, ground turkey, egg, egg white and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well.
    5. Form turkey mixture into a loaf and place on the prepared pan. Evenly spread ketchup over the top.
    6. Bake until internal temperature reached 170 degrees F, approximately 50 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    NewMeSM75 wrote: »
    My absolute favorite is brown a ground turkey with a tbsp or so of olive oil. Once meat is browned, add garlic. Cook until fragrant. Toss is a bag of shredded coleslaw mix. Cook until tender. Finish with soy, ginger, crushed red pepper or even a bottled asian sauce. It honestly tastes similar to inside of an egg roll. Fabulous!

Crack slaw! Love that stuff, make it all the time
  • McCelmer
    McCelmer Posts: 99 Member
    NewMeSM75 wrote: »
    My absolute favorite is brown a ground turkey with a tbsp or so of olive oil. Once meat is browned, add garlic. Cook until fragrant. Toss is a bag of shredded coleslaw mix. Cook until tender. Finish with soy, ginger, crushed red pepper or even a bottled asian sauce. It honestly tastes similar to inside of an egg roll. Fabulous!

Crack slaw! Love that stuff, make it all the time

I made a batch of this for the week - been eating a serving of it for dinner with cauliflower rice. Thanks for the recipe idea, it is delicious!
  • slappy01uk
    slappy01uk Posts: 12 Member
    edited October 2019
    This is one I have used this summer as I have grown lots of green beans
    sichuan-dried-fried-green-beans

Just switch the ground pork for ground turkey
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    I'm absolutely horrified at myself right now - I just spent 5 minutes trying to work out what a ground turkey is and arent all turkeys ground turkeys ....before it registered what you all were meaning :D we call it minced over here in New Zealand , which is my only excuse and not a very good one . not my brightest moment lol

If it makes you feel better - we do have wild turkeys that will fly short distance
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Shepherd's pie!
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Mexican lasagna
  • kosseychick
    kosseychick Posts: 244 Member
    Tacos!
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    McCelmer wrote: »

Debra - Thank you so much for posting this recipe. I am eating it right now with the tatziki sauce and it is DELICIOUS. I'm going to make a double batch next time.

I took a break from the the chats for a while and just saw this today. I'm so glad you like it. It is really fantastic!
  • lleesabb
    lleesabb Posts: 12 Member
    kkiner7 wrote: »
    Hi there,

Does anyone have any ground turkey dinner ideas they can share? I’m looking for something other than chili or spaghetti. Thank you!

• crane439
    crane439 Posts: 3 Member
    This is dinner tonight:

2 tablespoons olive oil
    1/4 cup onion (peeled, finely chopped)
    2-3 handfuls of fresh spinach
    1 clove garlic (peeled, minced)
    1 pound ground turkey
    1 egg
    1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
    8 ounces feta (crumbled)
    4 Italian buns (toasted)
    4 slices provolone (optional)
    Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)

Preheat a grill or cast iron skillet to medium-high heat.
    In a large saute pan add olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add onions and cook until golden, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add spinach and garlic and cook until spinach is just starting to wilt. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
    In a large bowl, combine chicken, egg, red pepper flakes, cooled spinach mixture, and crumbled feta. Just barely mix to combine. Form into four even patties. Place on grill and cook until charred on both sides and cooked through to 165ºF, about 6 minutes per side.
    Serve patties on an Italian bun and top the burger patty with a slice of provolone cheese if desired.
    Tip: Form the patties in advance and keep in the refrigerator until ready to grill. When you are ready to grill, allow the burgers to come to room temperature before cooking.

Serves 4

We will play around with the amounts; for instance tonight I'm not using as much feta and no buns. Sometimes we don't use the provolone. Make it your own.
  • Danicus10
    Danicus10 Posts: 31 Member
    I grilled up some feta stuffed turkey burgers with Greek seasoning and then put it in a pita with some Tazhiki onion and arugula. Was going to take a picture of it but i took one bite and next thing i knew it was gone!
  • iwantallthefoodzz
    iwantallthefoodzz Posts: 15 Member
    Tacos
  • TeresaB12345
    TeresaB12345 Posts: 23 Member
    This is a family favorite - we dont use potatoes but have added green beans and asparagus at times https://www.skinnytaste.com/ground-turkey-with-potatoes-and-peas/
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    I'm making dan dan noodles tonight (or at least that's the plan).
  • McCelmer
    McCelmer Posts: 99 Member
    This is a family favorite - we dont use potatoes but have added green beans and asparagus at times https://www.skinnytaste.com/ground-turkey-with-potatoes-and-peas/

Yum... going to try this over the weekend w/ cauliflower rice :)