Sugar: my bad habit

clayfield0813
clayfield0813 Posts: 32 Member
Hello, what are some good alternatives to sugary desserts? Any suggestions?

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,589 Member
    The problem with sugary foods is that they spike your blood glucose. Your body responds with insulin and over reacts (your body was designed to deal with fruit, not Mars bars) resulting in blood glucose that is too low a few hours later. This causes renewed sugar cravings. If you give in to the cravings your blood sugar yoyo's all day with sugar cravings during the dips.

If you must eat sugary food, hold off until evening.
  • clayfield0813
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    analisep wrote: »
    I love sweet treats! Some things I use to combat my sweet tooth:
    1.) Angel food cake-You can add fruit and whipped topping.
    2.)Sugar free pudding-you can mix with plain Greek yogurt. Or just make it with almond milk. I love this one because you can enjoy it warm. I love warm treats
    3.) Protein shake- I usually make a protein shake with ice and it's a sweet!
    4.)flavored Greek yogurt-dannon triple zero with fruit.
    5.)Jello
    6.)peanut butter cookies from scratch- use natural peanut butter, egg, and a zero calorie sweetener. It's delicious!

I hope this helps!

She needs help with dealing with her "addiction" not recipes to fuel that "addiction" :)
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    I love sweet treats! Some things I use to combat my sweet tooth:
    1.) Angel food cake-You can add fruit and whipped topping.
    2.)Sugar free pudding-you can mix with plain Greek yogurt. Or just make it with almond milk. I love this one because you can enjoy it warm. I love warm treats
    3.) Protein shake- I usually make a protein shake with ice and it's a sweet!
    4.)flavored Greek yogurt-dannon triple zero with fruit.
    5.)Jello
    6.)peanut butter cookies from scratch- use natural peanut butter, egg, and a zero calorie sweetener. It's delicious!

I hope this helps!

She needs help with dealing with her "addiction" not recipes to fuel that "addiction" :)

They are good alternatives. Change your lifestyle, change your life! I'm only here to help, not hurt. All positivity here! Please don't be negative, but give advice if you have it. I'm here to learn and communicate with others with similar goals.
    Peace and love!

• clayfield0813
    Thank you for all the advice! I appreciate it. Some good ideas!
  • NachoFriend_
    NachoFriend_ Posts: 4 Member
    Fruits.
  • wildpistachio
    wildpistachio Posts: 4 Member
    Great ideas!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    I quit my gumdrop addiction by switching to fruit instead. Now, candy is way too sweet for me.
  • suncakemom
    suncakemom Posts: 9 Member
    What about sugar free desserts? There are so many out there with various degree of carbs content. You don't have to give up desserts when you give up sugar.