Searching for Lifestyle Changing Type of Friends that will keep it simple.

TreeIsTransforming
TreeIsTransforming Posts: 5 Member
edited October 2019 in Introduce Yourself
Looking to find friends here on MFP that will KEEP IT SIMPLE. Friends who strive to eat better, move a little more but are not depressed over eating a cookie or having an off day. Friends who have done this dieting thing long enough to know that there are no magic pills just a simple formula of calories in vs calories out. We do not have to have the same goal or be the same height or age...just a strong willingness to make this a true lifestyle without the stress!!

Replies

• MelodiousMermaid
    MelodiousMermaid Posts: 380 Member
    Like your outlook. Been through the ring a few times and finally am down to the nitty-gritty. I try to log in (and log) daily, walk daily, make a protein goal, and just get through it all. Sent you a friend request (and am open to other friends requests from people of a like mind).
  • Thanks! I've been "dieting" so long that I'm over all the fads and extra stuff. What I have ultimately learned through all my experiences is that it's about a caloric deficit. Point.blank.Period lol I will make slow changes to eat better just for overall health but in regards to weight loss...Calories in/Calories out
  • pinky_b
    pinky_b Posts: 29 Member
    I am of the same mindset and so ready for a lifestyle change. Many around me are turning to surgery and I dont want to go down that path if I can avoid it.
    I need to keep it simple because I am a super busy mum of 1, am studying, working, comute an hour each way and my partner is disabled.
    Friends requests welcome!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    You might consider looking at joining the Ultimate Accountably Challenge (Oct) group. Don't let the name scare you! The TRUE challenge is … are you sticking around and continuing to work on creating sustainable-for-you habits no matter how many not-so-great days happened to happen this month. No weight reporting at all.

It is a good bunch of people working on long-term sustainable lifestyle habit adjustments. The three "daily accountability points" are very broad and you self-determine the details to suit your current situation.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/134186-ultimate-accountability-challenge-october-2019

The pinned FAQ thread spells everything out in detail. A new challenge group starts each month.

1. did you do intentional exercise for at least 20 minutes? ("intentional" is very elastic and deliberately non-specific, to allow for all current levels of interest, ability, and/or injury-recovery. The 20 minutes can be divided into cumulative mini-sessions if that fits your schedule or situation better)
    2. did you log every bit of (caloric) intake? (eg logging water is optional, but not required) WHAT you eat is your own business, taste preference and chosen approach.
    3. did you stay inside YOUR calorie budget? (YOU decide how to define "calorie budget" - whether it includes eating back - or NOT eating back - some or all of your MPF exercise calories etc.)

There are also built-in "pass days", so AIMING to meet the above ~ 85 or 90 % of the time is considered "optimal" while allowing for both "special occasions" and "just plain no-so-great days"

And if you don't make the target, that just means you are still working on finding your own combination of best-fit sustainable habits.

Friend requests welcome, but please include a note of where you got my name from.
  • mrsjar5311
    mrsjar5311 Posts: 514 Member
    That's my style too.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    edited October 2019
    So how would people like to continue this contact? I admit I am not-so-good at regularly posting on the Home Wall, but would love a thread or group where we could continue to keep supporting each other and cheering Non-Scale victories as we each make our own way towards sustainable lifestyle habits.

If "Friend Request / feedback on Wall" is best approach for most of you, go for it! Whatever best gives you the sense of "I am not alone".
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Thanks! I've been "dieting" so long that I'm over all the fads and extra stuff. What I have ultimately learned through all my experiences is that it's about a caloric deficit. Point.blank.Period lol I will make slow changes to eat better just for overall health but in regards to weight loss...Calories in/Calories out

One day a time, logging every day what I eat, being mindful to stay within my calorie budget, and allowing myself to eat any food I want to eat - as long as it is within calorie budget.

I read a lot of the sticky posts here at MFP and it reinforces the 'slow and steady wins the race' idea.

For me, accountability is achieved with logging into MFP every day with my food and my weight. When I don't log my food daily, I watch my weight fluctuate wildly. When I weigh and log my food with every single eating event without fail, my weight line has fewer big spikes in the downward trend.

It was a few weeks in the beginning to get the logging habit in place, and, on the flip side, it didn't take long to be sloppy at logging for the habit to break.

Good luck to you, and good fitness to us all!
  • nknkE
    nknkE Posts: 10 Member
    I really like your outlook/mindset and I totally agree! I have done this before and failed but this time is different, a different outlook and as you put it keeping things simplier. I Would love to be be friends.