Flavors of Childhood?

Replies

• piratesmile88
    piratesmile88 Posts: 7 Member
    Dunkaroos and Koala yummies. I miss those things!

and the giant chocolate chip cookies they used to sell at school.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member
    JennJ323 wrote: »
    I would put 8 nacho cheese Doritos on a plate, take 2 slices of American cheese and break them each into fours, top each Dorito with a piece and microwave til just melty. I loved that!

Omgosh I forgot about that, similar. I remember melting cheese on some cracker, maybe saltines
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member
    Matza crackers or grahm crackers with butter and jelly!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited October 2019
    ut0fqqgmruef.jpg

That reminds me I used to have eggos with ONLY butter all the time. Couldn't find a photo of just buttered eggos so this plain one will have to do. But I would but so much butter on it and then microwave for additional few seconds after toasting so it the pockets were filled with melted butter and it was swimming in it.

yxrh9vnksizr.png
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    ut0fqqgmruef.jpg

That reminds me I used to have eggos with ONLY butter all the time. Couldn't find a photo of just buttered eggos so this plain one will have to do. But I would but so much butter on it and then microwave for additional few seconds after toasting so it the pockets were filled with melted butter and it was swimming in it.

yxrh9vnksizr.png

Same! But with maple syrup too... ahh. I love eggos! I used to eat them frozen too...
  • pancakerunner
    a7k4rr85jn95.png
  • runningjen74
    runningjen74 Posts: 312 Member
    Never heard of cinnamon toast till this thread!

My mum made the best chicken liver pate (I didn't realise it was because no one else wanted chicken liver and it was really cheap ) I now realise how much butter goes in to pate :open_mouth:

Buying a quarter lb of bonbons, cola cubes or apple drops. Or if I wasn't flush with money, some 1/2 penny or penny sweets - agonising over how many of each you wanted, black jacks, fruit salad, flying saucers, white chocolate mice, etc...

Fighting over the cream from the top of a bottle of milk (milk was non-homogonised so the cream rose to top, sold in glass bottles, dropped to your door by the milkman) to add to a mashed banana.

• pancakerunner
    orw1zxzcnc6l.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Omg yessss cheesestick or slice of cheese rolled up in a tortilla and warmed was a staple!
    9ro99nje8puk.jpg

• pancakerunner
    Omg yessss cheesestick or slice of cheese rolled up in a tortilla and warmed was a staple!
    9ro99nje8puk.jpg

Always!
  • pancakerunner
    058axgcyrtfd.png
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    9ro99nje8puk.jpg

Same here!
  • pancakerunner
    9ro99nje8puk.jpg

Same here!

warm up and let it cool so the cheese hardens a bit... NEED
  • pancakerunner
    Having so many nostalgic cravings today... I blame this fall weather.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    9ro99nje8puk.jpg

I may need to show my kids this trick.
  • pancakerunner
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    9ro99nje8puk.jpg

I may need to show my kids this trick.

Some recomendations: works great with a corn tortilla or Flatout wrap.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    edited October 2019
    Make a comeback? Never been away.

curly_wurly_1_1024x1024.jpg?v=1543941315

Just got them today. Took 3 weeks to ship from UK but they arrived perfect. These are thinner than that marathon but wow are they good! thanks for the info! reliving a little bit of my childhood.
  • fourtotwentychars
    fourtotwentychars Posts: 36 Member
    Nice. Don't eat them all at once, remember your daily target.