"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,453 Member
    Hey gang!

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Thursday! 4 clients this morning and 4 tonight! Weather is kicking in now.

Cardio: walk/jog- 60 minutes (350 calories)

Strength: arms- barbell curl, preacher curl, close grip bench, lying tricep extensions. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Fresh shrimp rolls for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy TGIF!!! 4 clients this morning then off! No school today so I have to find another way to get in extra steps.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: legs- leg press, front squats, leg extensions, lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts. 4 x12,10,8, 6

Assessment: Pork chops and rice for dinner.
  • LeeH31
    LeeH31 Posts: 312 Member
    Hi Joe, I just wondered what happened to everyone on this thread? It was pretty hoppin' when you started it, now there doesn't seem to be much going on!

Hoping to get to the place where I can legitimately join this thread. Right now I am doing the Launchpad exercise series to get myself to the point where I won't injure myself. I do know that it's possible to cause muscle, tendon & ligament damage by overdoing before they are ready for it. Currently I am beginning on Stage 3-1. I am also cycling on the days I do Launchpad. So far I am up to 2.25 miles/17 minutes cycling. On the alternate days I walk those same 2.25 miles in about 45 minutes.

Anyway, I appreciate your wanting to help older ones improve their fitness, and when I am training to the level where I break up upper & lower body workouts then I will get on board here.

• ninerbuff
    LeeH31 wrote: »
    Hi Joe, I just wondered what happened to everyone on this thread? It was pretty hoppin' when you started it, now there doesn't seem to be much going on!

Hoping to get to the place where I can legitimately join this thread. Right now I am doing the Launchpad exercise series to get myself to the point where I won't injure myself. I do know that it's possible to cause muscle, tendon & ligament damage by overdoing before they are ready for it. Currently I am beginning on Stage 3-1. I am also cycling on the days I do Launchpad. So far I am up to 2.25 miles/17 minutes cycling. On the alternate days I walk those same 2.25 miles in about 45 minutes.

Anyway, I appreciate your wanting to help older ones improve their fitness, and when I am training to the level where I break up upper & lower body workouts then I will get on board here.
    People come and go. Some people got to their goals and others just stopped logging in. Just how it goes. Whenever you want to join it, please come along. I do this for myself mostly and to let others know that a professional is on the boards in case they may need some advice.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! No clients this morning. I'm back to jogging again. Also now having chiropractic done to help with my recovery.

Cardio: walking- 30 min (150 calories)

Strength: core- crunches, leg lifts

Assessment: Thai last night.

• LeeH31
    Okay, that makes sense. Too bad, this seems like a great thread. I will probably be picking your brain as I continue to up my game. Don't have a fancy gym, but I can be surprisingly inventive when I need something. Thanks for letting a complete spud on your line ;)

Today's exercise was cleaning continuously for 2 1/2 hours at our place of worship. Scrubbing walls, moving heavy stuff around, carrying buckets of water, lots of back and forth, up and down a ladder, etc.. Not sure how one separates the strength from the cardio on that??? Assessment: I did good. There was pizza (one slice), there were donuts (NONE), coffee and water. Way too few calories so finished off with leftover pot roast at home, still need more calories so yogurt it is.

Whatcha recovering from Joe?
  • LeeH31
    Being clipped by a car, YIKES! Hope you're feeling better after the chiropractor worked you over.
  • ninerbuff
    Being clipped by a car, YIKES! Hope you're feeling better after the chiropractor worked you over.
    Yeah, it was a hit and run, but I located the driver and now am in litigation. That's about all I can say about it.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! 4 clients this morning and then 5 this evening! More football yesterday, but I did get the house cleaned.

Cardio: run/jog- 30 minutes (250 calories)

Strength: shoulders- front shoulder raise, face pulls, side laterals, shrugs. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Double BLT and fries for dinner.
  • LargeEricS
    LargeEricS Posts: 109 Member
    Hey Ninerbuff, just posting to say ive messaged you in hopes to get trending in the right direction!
  • ninerbuff
    LargeEricS wrote: »
    Hey Ninerbuff, just posting to say ive messaged you in hopes to get trending in the right direction!
    Didn't see a message in my mail. But feel free to ask me on here if you're comfortable with it.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! 4 clients this morning and then 4 tonight. YES!!!! Even though I didn't win in FFL, the 9ers kicked *kitten* all day on them "Superbowl" bound Browns!!!

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (250 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench flyes, machine flyes, cable crossovers, dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: McDonald's last night for dinner.

• LeeH31
    Cardio: walk 40 minutes, 2 miles.
    Strength: off day
    Assessment: Struggling to eat enough today. Just made it to an acceptable 1200 calories. Whey protein supposed to come tomorrow, then I can drink some calories!
  • ninerbuff
    Cardio: walk 40 minutes, 2 miles.
    Assessment: Struggling to eat enough today. Just made it to an acceptable 1200 calories. Whey protein supposed to come tomorrow, then I can drink some calories!
    Good enough! Consistency is all that matters.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! 4 clients this morning and then 5 tonight! It's crazy here in CA with PGE shutting down power for up to 5 days in some areas. Luckily for me, my area isn't affected.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (250 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, dumbell pullovers. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pork chops and rice yesterday.

• LeeH31
    Cardio: my job cleaning house 2.5 hours

Strength: Launchpad 3:2

Assessment: Got my whey and made a blueberry smoothie this morning. Need to dig out the frozen bananas to add some calories. This is so weird, I am not doing keto or low carb, but I am just not hungry. Exercise has become what I crave, in only 50 days! It's probably a good thing there isn't a gym close by that I can afford or I think I may have become a gym rat! Not husband approved!

Had flounder for supper and a baked apple with cinnamon and a dollop of heavy cream. After workout snack is Wasa crackers with pesto.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! 4 clients this morning and 4 tonight! Was a bit windy last night, but our power here is still on.

Cardio: walk/jog- 60 minutes (350 calories)

Strength: arms- barbell curl, preacher curl, close grip bench, lying tricep extensions. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Fresh shrimp rolls for dinner.

• LeeH31
    Good afternoon Joe!

Cardio: 50 minutes walking briskly

Assessment: Better today, still under but much closer.

Question: Joe, can you steer me to some good resistance band exercises that separate upper and lower body workouts? I have no idea how to put together good beginner's workouts. I just have to be careful of my knees, so semi-squats are all I can manage right now. Getting down on my knees for pushups is also no go, but I can do wall pushups and maybe could do chair pushups. I absolutely can do flyes, bicep curls, bent over rows, tricep extensions, etc. But I don't know how to refine that so I don't overwork one muscle group just because I like that particular exercise! Also, how can I work my legs keeping in mind my knee limitations?

Sorry this is so wordy! Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. Oh yeah, I got Bodylastics bands, and they have a pretty good booklet of exercises in them, I just don't know how to pick which ones. I don't think you're supposed to do ALL of them the same workout! There are 34 of them!
  • ninerbuff
    Good afternoon Joe!

Cardio: 50 minutes walking briskly

Assessment: Better today, still under but much closer.

Question: Joe, can you steer me to some good resistance band exercises that separate upper and lower body workouts? I have no idea how to put together good beginner's workouts. I just have to be careful of my knees, so semi-squats are all I can manage right now. Getting down on my knees for pushups is also no go, but I can do wall pushups and maybe could do chair pushups. I absolutely can do flyes, bicep curls, bent over rows, tricep extensions, etc. But I don't know how to refine that so I don't overwork one muscle group just because I like that particular exercise! Also, how can I work my legs keeping in mind my knee limitations?

Sorry this is so wordy! Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. Oh yeah, I got Bodylastics bands, and they have a pretty good booklet of exercises in them, I just don't know how to pick which ones. I don't think you're supposed to do ALL of them the same workout! There are 34 of them!
    Keep doing those for the upper body. Keep the reps about 10 and do 3 sets. As for your legs, there are a couple of exercises I recommend. Sit squats and assisted squats. On a sit squat you find a chair or flat seating area, sit near the edge, keep your feet about shoulder width wide and just stand up and then sit back down. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVpojWs8lQg The other would be the assisted squat. Here you hold onto something stable so you don't fall backward and then keeping your feet in front of you and leaning back slightly with straight arms, you squat and use your arms to help. TRX bands are great for these of you can get them. You can get knock off brands for cheap that just attach to your door. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5jstlKyaw4 The knockoff brand I got from Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/NOSSK-Suspension-Bodyweight-Fitness-Trainer/dp/B0785XB1NQ/ref=sr_1_50_sspa?keywords=suspension+trainer&qid=1570797743&sr=8-50-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExSUxYNVZOMTRYUjRBJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwOTMyMTA3M1FHVVVSRlQ3SVpCRSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNjc2MjA1R0NOTkEwTTE4UVgwJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmX25leHQmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl Or if you can hold onto to something stable, here's another variation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhOVI-jckSo Hope that helps.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy TGIF!!! 4 clients this morning then 1 client in the afternoon.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: legs- leg press, front squats, leg extensions, lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts. 4 x12,10,8, 6

Assessment: Chicken adobo and rice for dinner.