80 calorie comparison pic

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    psychod787 wrote: »
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Wouldn't that Keto Big Mac be a burger patty and cheese? Maybe a pickle and mayo? I don't understand that picture of ice on a plate.

However, Popcorn> chips. If I start on chips I don't stop until my tongue hurts from the salt. No fiber. I only eat them when I can buy a little tiny 240 cal bag of them at Subway.

Haven't had a potato chip in 3 years. Dont remember what they taste like, so I cant miss them! Lol

That is sad.

We all have to know what triggers us.. chips for me is one.

Oreos for me. I hadn't had any for years and didn't miss them, and then my OH's aunt brought some to the house, at which point I learned I'm still completely unable to moderate them, so hopefully it will be another few years before I am tempted by them again. (They don't tempt me in the store.)

Chips on the other hand, I can weigh out an ounce, or even a half ounce, and put them back in the cupboard and I'm fine.

I've never tried chips on popcorn. I do like cheese or peanuts on popcorn. I was looking for a caramel popcorn recipe to make my own Crunch N Munch, but one I found made such a huge volume she was using the kitchen sink to mix it, and my eyes crossed, and I didn't bother scaling it down to a 400 calorie serving.
  • Lobsterboxtops
    Lobsterboxtops Posts: 92 Member
    Oh dear...there are times I would walk on hot coals to get to a bag of plain ruffle potato chips. I think it’s the salt. Other times they are noise sitting on my my kitchen counter and doesn’t even rate acknowledgement. Luckily I did learn early on to pour in a small bowl as that usually is enough satisfaction. Rarely do I go for another bowl.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Wouldn't that Keto Big Mac be a burger patty and cheese? Maybe a pickle and mayo? I don't understand that picture of ice on a plate.

However, Popcorn> chips. If I start on chips I don't stop until my tongue hurts from the salt. No fiber. I only eat them when I can buy a little tiny 240 cal bag of them at Subway.

Haven't had a potato chip in 3 years. Dont remember what they taste like, so I cant miss them! Lol

That is sad.

We all have to know what triggers us.. chips for me is one. Sticks and stones...

It is sad you have to give them up. Not sure what the sticks and stones thing is for.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member

That is sad.

We all have to know what triggers us.. chips for me is one. Sticks and stones...

It is sad you have to give them up. Not sure what the sticks and stones thing is for.

Oh I got it... 😉
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Light butter with truffle salt. Omg......and I have to leave the house in five minutes. That’s probably a good thing.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,427 Member
    edited October 2019
    I’d choose the popcorn. I love popcorn!

I just read that a guy ate a Big Mac every day for a month and lost 7 pounds. Just last month. He was eating 1500 calories a day, not just eating Big Macs
    5’4” he was posting on Instagram. Showing there are no bad foods. I think he was a personal trainer, or something like that.

There's a difference between weight loss and health, however.

Really?

What’s healthier, being overweight or a normal weight?

Not enough information given.

However, as one goes up the scale (no pun intended) from a normal weight, through overweight into obese and morbid obesity there is a definite trend toward more dangerous health markers.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member

I just read that a guy ate a Big Mac every day for a month and lost 7 pounds. Just last month. He was eating 1500 calories a day, not just eating Big Macs
    5’4” he was posting on Instagram. Showing there are no bad foods. I think he was a personal trainer, or something like that.

Really?

Depends on the person. Overweight increases risks it does not immediately guarantee bad health anymore than being normal weight will prevent or cure bad health.

The exception is the physical structure like joints. If a person is more than moderately obese it is going to be hard on the framework but even that is not immediate if the person didn't have a pre-existing condition.
  • iheartmyyorkie
    iheartmyyorkie Posts: 163 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Maybe we can agree we shouldn’t shame people for ANY of their food choices, whether they choose to cut something out or choose to enjoy a Big Mac or a bowl of chips....
    ...or a plate of ice cubes. :cold_sweat:
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    A bowl of popcorn with chips crushed all over as a topping. YEsssssssssssssss.............
    Especially these.
    0b0a8cf9a0_largest.jpg

Now you're talking!!!!!
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member

Really?

Depends on the person. Overweight increases risks it does not immediately guarantee bad health anymore than being normal weight will prevent or cure bad health.

The exception is the physical structure like joints. If a person is more than moderately obese it is going to be hard on the framework but even that is not immediate if the person didn't have a pre-existing condition.

Agreed.
    But generally speaking, being a healthy weight is better for overall health. There are exceptions and other factors that can, and do, enter in

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member

Really?

You're asking the wrong question.