Lots a protien low carb foods

Its ssssoooo hard to find foods with low carbs but lots of protien what have you found?

Replies

• CynthiaMargiotta
    CynthiaMargiotta Posts: 15 Member
    Roast chicken from the deli at my grocery store works but are there other things quick and easy?
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Sliced cold cuts, canned tuna, hot dogs, cheese.

zxtgul880g2e.png
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Most foods that are high in proteins have little to no carbs. Any meat or seafood. Eggs. Cheese.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited October 2019
    Meat. All of the highest protein foods are meat (including fish), and none have significant carbs, so unless you are vegetarian I don't get the question.

Eggs are also a decent protein source (have a lot of fat also) with no carbs (well, insignificant carbs).

Dairy has some carbs, but something like cottage cheese is high protein and not that high in carbs.

Seitan is a vegetarian source of protein that's not high in carbs.
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Its ssssoooo hard to find foods with low carbs but lots of protien what have you found?

What kinds of foods are you seeing that have high carbs AND lots of protein?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    amy19355 wrote: »

What kinds of foods are you seeing that have high carbs AND lots of protein?

Yeah - I don't expect big protein numbers from whole grains, that's why I add protein to my morning oatmeal. It's about balance for me.