Always bloated?

2»

Replies

• ColdDawning
    ColdDawning Posts: 36 Member
    I don't think we have those kinds of gas tablets in my country (those brands), but I know we have other ones. I will try to make other changes before I turn to those, however, I'm not a fan of the idea to eat pills to combat this issue, I rather solve it, you know?

Anyway, thank you all for the help!
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    edited October 2019
    Beano and Gax-X are different things. Beano is an enzyme that helps in the digestion of cruciferous vegetables, so that you don't get gassy and bloated. Gas-X helps channel the gas out of you once you get gassy and bloated.

I was having bloat issues and eventually started popping a couple of Beanos and Lactaids before every meal. I wouldn't say "problem solved" but maybe 75 % problem solved. Beano is harmless and simply supplements your stomach's own production of enzymes to process vegetables.

There is no harm in buying a bottle of Beano and trying it for a while. It's very, very good at what it does.

Beano is the brand name; if it's unavailable in your area, what you want are capsules that have alpha-galactosidase. In fact many enzyme pills are sold on Amazon with that chemical, though Beano is a "cleaner" way to get a nice high dose of it.