What training day do you hate the most?

Title says it all.

Personally I loathe my accessory day. It's just tedious, and there's no big lifts that I find fun, no PR attempts...its just a slog.

Shoulders day I get to play with a log
Back day I get to deadlift and flip a massive tire
Chest day I get to bench
Leg day I get to squat, farmers walk, and push a sled.

Cardio days I get to ride my bike which is just relaxing...

Accessory day I screw with dumbells and cables and it's just lame.

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Early on in a block when hypertrophy is controlling the gas pedal.

Nothing fun about performing 12 rep 3-0-0 tempo squats.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    None really. I usually train full body 3x per week. Maybe heavy deadlift days or anything that is single leg quad focused. Sometimes I try to do an upper/lower split but I hated upper days so I'd skip them (baddd I know) .. so I always end up going back to full body so I don't neglect upper.. as much.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    None really. I usually train full body 3x per week. Maybe heavy deadlift days or anything that is single leg quad focused. Sometimes I try to do an upper/lower split but I hated upper days so I'd skip them (baddd I know) .. so I always end up going back to full body so I don't neglect upper.. as much.

Similar, but opposite problem for me. Any time I've split leg days out by themselves (PPL, PHUL, PHAT, etc.) the bro in me finds a reason to skip them too often. Full body workouts stretch too long for me so I've adopted a hybrid push/pull routine I found somewhere which works out to be a Deadlifts/Push + Squats/Pull split. Keeps DL away from rows and has been working out pretty well.
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 694 Member
    None, if I hate it I won't do it.
    Happiness is about establishing achievable goals, there's no point setting myself up to fail.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,427 Member
    The day i don't get to when i want to. Working oit is mu therapy
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    i dislike overhead press day because they are really freakin hard, as previous threads have mentioned...

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Rest day.

I don't hate any day I exercise but feel restless when I don't.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    I hate rest day and am notorious for whinging throughout the day that all I'm allowed to do is stretch and a very short run.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,816 Member
    I used to never exercise because I thought that I needed to do certain exercises I found miserable and just suffer through them. So I would try and quickly decide I didn't want to suffer through them.

Instead I just went out and found exercises I enjoyed doing. Made it much easier.
  • wiigelec
    wiigelec Posts: 503 Member
    “Hate” is such a strong word and not really reflective of the actual emotion (maybe more like frustrating) but:

When I get some really good training momentum going and then life delivers a curveball; injury, illness, major upset in scheduling etc. Then it’s like a two steps back process and feels like spinning wheels for a while until things can get established again...
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Title says it all.

Personally I loathe my accessory day. It's just tedious, and there's no big lifts that I find fun, no PR attempts...its just a slog.

Shoulders day I get to play with a log
    Back day I get to deadlift and flip a massive tire
    Chest day I get to bench
    Leg day I get to squat, farmers walk, and push a sled.

Cardio days I get to ride my bike which is just relaxing...

Accessory day I screw with dumbells and cables and it's just lame.

The ones that involve going to row in cold very rainy weather, realizing that the water is really terrible but still going out becuase it's not bad enough to cancel practice from just looking at the water, and then once we've been on the water for some time, the coaches realizing that it's actually not worth it/slightly too dangerous and us going back to the dock early very wet, cold, and with the skin on my fingers hating the world*. That's only really happened once so far but it clearly nessistated a very long run-on sentence.

That's the ultimate bad for me. A second that happens slightly more often is all of that but with the conditions not bad enough to go in early. Soon the head race season will end...soon.

The worst indoor days are erg test days. I think there was one day last winter that we did 2x2k erg test or something like that with a less than 10 min rest. That was pretty awful.

*I singled out my fingers because I tend to not get blisters in general, but my cuticles will really suffer those days and it's not pretty. I've started keeping normal sized bandaids in my back back for this reason.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    The one with a blizzard outside and you wonder how in the world you're going to take it back outside when the snow is blowing sideways and it's 30 below zero. The one when you long for the dog days of summer and realize you have about 7 more months to wait until you can take it back inside and you look longingly out the window.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Nothing really. Early on leg day was tough for me, but that changed as I got stronger and started to see progress and results which kept me going.

It took me some time to figure out what exercises and activities I enjoyed and didn't enjoy.

But I don't like complete rest days or when I want to do an activity that I can't do such as like ice skating in the summer or walking or playing tennis outside and it's the middle of winter.
  • sweetbe44
    sweetbe44 Posts: 195 Member
    I really like strength training. I don’t enjoy the days at the gym that are more focused on cardio, although I do like seeing the improvements to my endurance.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Find something you enjoy. No need to be so negative! It’s hard enough to stay motivated some days, no reason to focus on what you “hate”.
  • neyagoal
    neyagoal Posts: 65 Member
    For me is cardio as well.. I hate it so much that s beyond human comprehension.. But I still do it and I will keep doing it Coz my heart needs it, my body needs it and its amazing feeling when u know u have done it.. But nevertheless I still hate it, just to be clear.. However, I do try different cardio workouts all time hoping I will find stm i will not hate at least.. Any kind of other workout s fun for me though
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Cardio for me as well. Stopped doing it at the gym and just focus on lifting. Get my cardio skating at least two days a week, for me that is much more enjoyable.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Cardio is always tough. I am not fond of leg day either.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    I fret over any upcoming "test days", especially after a layoff, since I know that its really gonna hurt. For cycling and running, that means a threshold test, such as 20 minutes on the bike or a 5k run, going as hard as possible for the duration. With swimming, its usually something like a timed 300yd test. blech! I much prefer longer endurance efforts, where the discomfort is less intense and the workout lasts longer.