Plateau

2»

Replies

• cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    debraah66 wrote: »
    You might want to consider a diet break if you have been on this for long enough to lose 70 pounds.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10604863/of-refeeds-and-diet-breaks/p1

I can't. I need a couple of surgerys that I'm trying to lose enough to get.

This is entirely up to you but I was stuck for 3 months and a week of diet break got me losing again. In my opinion it was worth it to take a break. The result was I think I gained about 2 pounds which came right back off and then I was losing. Had I not done that I believe I would have been stuck for another month or two. You can stay where you are or you can try to fix it. It's a gamble but what have you got to lose?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    I had meant to get one but I never got around to it. Most things I measure like with a cup or something like that. The calories are by the serving on the box or label. You don't need to weigh that. Meats and cheeses are probably the biggest problem. Can you find one at the dollar store?

You really do need to weigh packaged items rather than use a cup or eyeball it. You will be amazed at how different two different people can pack a measuring cup. And the nutrition info on the label is correct for the weighed serving in grams, then they estimate the closest volume measurement like a cup.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10634517/you-dont-use-a-food-scale/p1
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    ...also just to add...I've seen them at the Goodwill and Value Village for just a couple bucks. I haven't seen them at the Dollar Store, but you could ask.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    What are your stats? Height, weight, gender, age, activity level?
  • adipace815
    adipace815 Posts: 112 Member
    Agree with all here- a food scale is a must. In fact, you will find where the nitrition labels will give you measurements like 1/2 cup, just how inaccurate even that can be. Like everyone says, the closer you get to goal the less margin for error there truly is. It is not difficult to use a food scale whatsoever. Its the best $20 you will spend.
  • byroman
    byroman Posts: 75 Member
    Also, sometimes the bodily change comes in a form other than weight loss. That's why it is important to track measurements other than just your weight and calories. I measure my waist, hips, belly, thigh, and neck every two weeks. Even if I don't see the weight drop, I see the measurements drop, and I can see that I am making progress.

Oh, and get a scale! :)
  • gesundundmunter
    gesundundmunter Posts: 210 Member
    I had meant to get one but I never got around to it. Most things I measure like with a cup or something like that. The calories are by the serving on the box or label. You don't need to weigh that. Meats and cheeses are probably the biggest problem. Can you find one at the dollar store?

More likely at Walmart. Digital scales take AAA batteries or flat lithium batteries. You can get those at the dollar store.
  • debraah66
    debraah66 Posts: 62 Member
    Okay I'm going to get a scale as soon as I have chance. I've also decided to detox from sugar for awhile. I feel like my sweettooth is getting out of control again. The last time I measured myself I didn't see any difference but I'm needing to do it again.
  • psychod787
    Okay I'm going to get a scale as soon as I have chance. I've also decided to detox from sugar for awhile. I feel like my sweettooth is getting out of control again. The last time I measured myself I didn't see any difference but I'm needing to do it again.

Detox from sugar? What no fruit or veggies?
  • debraah66
    debraah66 Posts: 62 Member
    psychod787 wrote: »

No I eat fruit and veggies. Its more of restricting my sugar. My sweettooth has been acting up.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member

No I eat fruit and veggies. Its more of restricting my sugar. My sweettooth has been acting up.

I think the inference was that fruit and veg also contain sugar. I guess you mean refined, added sugar.
  • psychod787

what is your definition of sweet foods you have issue with?
  • denjan333
    denjan333 Posts: 158 Member
    I’m so glad you got a scale!