LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Today was ok
    Got a headache. Think it's just my usual PMS stuff which is running late right now :\
    Also still sick. Barely stuffy but have a persistent tickle in the back of my throat that does not want to go away!

No idea calories today, but it should be within my range.
    I had...

1 coffee w/ half and half, monk fruit
    2 leftover chicken legs
    6 jalapeno poppers- jalapeno halves filled w/ cream cheese and spices and sprinkled with parm

And I made kimchi soup
    This time, I bought some pork neckbones instead of using spam and I must say... I loved it!
    I slowly boiled the neckbones in water for about 3 hrs then added in the rest of the kimchi I had which was about maybe 2 cups worth if that much.
    I also added in a little bit of fish sauce, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder.
    I then added in an entire container of mushrooms for sams and let it all simmer for another hour.
    SO yummy!
    The neckbones were cheap too and not processed like the spam so that's always a plus lol.
    I didn't bother measuring anything out and just ate, but like I said.. I should still be good w/ calories.

Also weight this morning was 175.6 BUT that was actually after I had eaten so it should be less than it was yesterday. Hopefully that trend still continues.

OH and I also had a low carb yogurt b/c DAMN did that kimchi stew make me sweaty! We turned off our AC, but it still got hot today. I wanted my stew though so I suffered through it and ate the yogurt to help cool me off lol.
    Now to chug down my water and finish up these Halloween costumes
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    You will be 160s in a week or so🤩 Keep up the good work👍 I love boiling soup with pork bones...delicious 😋🐷 As you guys turn off the AC, we will turning our AC on soon😁
  • LiLee2018
    I could be getting sick again.
    This tickle in my throat was bad last night when trying to get to sleep. Upright, it's not so bad, but as soon as I lay down, I guess my sinuses start draining and irritating my throat.
    Also nose is running a little more too.
    UGH I hope I'm not getting sick again!

I think the coughing and whole crappy night of sleep caused me to wake up with an awful headache. Head-in-a-vice type of headache.
    I'm ok if I'm sitting and not moving, but that's not an option w/ little kids that insist on eating :P lol
    Every time I'd get up, every bounce in my step made the invisible vice squeeze my head.
    Taken ibuprofen and tylenol which has taken the edge off it, but it's still there... just in the background now.

Anywho... I forgot that I ate a slice from an Asian pear yesterday too.
    We have a couple in our backyard that I completely forgot about. DH mowed the lawn yesterday and spotted 2 that were still good and picked them. Decided to slice the smaller one up to see how it was and SUPER sweet and delicious.
    We both completely forgot about the trees this year so most of the fruit that was on them rotted off or got eaten by the bugs. Woops.
    Hopefully next year we'll remember them and be able to harvest some off the trees :)
    We have a persimmon tree that we got to harvest from last year for the first time. Got a big box full of them that we gave to my mom. I didn't get to have a single one since I was on my new diet and didn't want to ruin anything lol. She enjoyed them all though and I'm sure she'll be happy with this years little harvest too. Some are ready to be picked but the majority still need more time.

Anyway, I'm rambling.
    NOT omading today as I had planned. I was woken up multiple times by my coughing, needing to pee, my youngest, bringing him back to bed and then him waking up a little later and transforming in to an octopus that can't stay still and talks to itself.
    Also forgot we're going to a birthday party a little later today and tomorrow we may be seeing a movie while we don't have kids.
    DH is off and boys should be with their grandparents at the fair and daughter will be in school. Perfect time to go see a movie and I may want to indulge in some greasy popcorn! YUM!

My weight was up almost 3lbs this morning. Even though I didn't use spam in my soup, the salt and fish sauce and what was in the kimchi added up I guess and is causing some bloat. I know it's not 3lbs of fat, so I'm not concerned about it.

I also managed a half a gallon of water before bed last night. :)

And yep... that's all for now. Hopefully this headache won't get worse again but with the way it feels still, even after taking stuff for it, I'm sure it will :(
  • LiLee2018
    Weighed myself before my shower and only up 1.2lbs now. So yay. This little bit of bloat will come off on its own in its own time.
    Headache still in the background but doing any kind of strain brings up the vice feeling again. This is going to be a fun day :neutral: lol
  • LiLee2018
    Did ok at the party. They were serving hotdogs. We brought our own (so we'd know they were ok for us to eat since some of them can be surprisingly high carb) and I had 4 of them with a little bit of chili, mustard and a little bit of diced onion. And a blep of frosting from the cookie cake. Just a tiny dab.
    Before we left, I had a low carb yogurt and 2 thick slices of turkey lunch meat.
    When we got home I ate a plate of broccoli w/ italian dressing and another low carb yogurt.
    With my 2 coffees...
    Total calories.. about 1200-1300.
    I was going to make myself a PB mug cake when we got home, but decided for the broccoli and yogurt instead.
    I can make the mug cake later :)
    DH's birthday is in a couple of days so maybe then. Or maybe tomorrow. I dunno. Whenever I feel like having it and calories will allow for it.

Throat is a bit more sore right now. Really hoping it doesn't turn in to something worse.
    AF also started right when we got home. Fun :\
    I definitely won't be OMADing tomorrow bc I'm gonna be sucking down cough drops to try to help w/ this constant coughing. Lordy I hope this doesn't develop in to strep throat.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    LiLee2018 wrote: »
    Did ok at the party. They were serving hotdogs. We brought our own (so we'd know they were ok for us to eat since some of them can be surprisingly high carb) and I had 4 of them with a little bit of chili, mustard and a little bit of diced onion. And a blep of frosting from the cookie cake. Just a tiny dab.
    Before we left, I had a low carb yogurt and 2 thick slices of turkey lunch meat.
    When we got home I ate a plate of broccoli w/ italian dressing and another low carb yogurt.
    With my 2 coffees...
    Total calories.. about 1200-1300.
    I was going to make myself a PB mug cake when we got home, but decided for the broccoli and yogurt instead.
    I can make the mug cake later :)
    DH's birthday is in a couple of days so maybe then. Or maybe tomorrow. I dunno. Whenever I feel like having it and calories will allow for it.

Throat is a bit more sore right now. Really hoping it doesn't turn in to something worse.
    AF also started right when we got home. Fun :\
    I definitely won't be OMADing tomorrow bc I'm gonna be sucking down cough drops to try to help w/ this constant coughing. Lordy I hope this doesn't develop in to strep throat.

Take these mushrooms and you won't be sick. https://amzn.to/2MF2rWZ
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    What a fun eventful sounding weekend! For some reason I'm still hesitant to make this kimchi stew - I don't know why, I love kimchi, and Ced will eat anything REMOTELY Asian LMAO - hmmmm maybe I'm just not picturing it right - but it's right up my alley! Soupy, Asian, one pot, uses anything you need to use, I mean...it's MADE for me...I'm being a baby, talk me into it Lisa!!!! :D
  • LiLee2018
    Lol, it's an acquired taste. If you like sour kimchi, the fermented kind, not fresh then I think you'd like it. Wait for it to get colder and it will warm you right up. It's spicy, great kimchi flavor, savory and salty.
    You could see if there are any Korean restaurants in your area and order some of you don't want to make it. See if you enjoy the flavor of it or not.

Anywho. Today was fun and a rare treat. DH is off this week. Boys were with grandparents at the fair and daughter was in school.
    So we went and saw Joker. Fantastic movie. Damn... Joaquin Phoenix is phenomenal in it.

I had my large popcorn and enjoyed every single one I ate.
    DH wanted meat lasagna again so I made that for dinner and had waaaaay too much of it.
    Oh I also had some rotisserie chicken earlier along with a coffee.
    No idea the calories but I know I'm over.
    Dinner was probably like 1500 alone lol.
    I'll have to make up for it this week.
    Tomorrow is DH's birthday and I think he's wanting steak. So it'll be steak and salad most likely.
    Going to keep it lighter during the day. Maybe try just a coffee or two until dinner.

Now to try to get to sleep through dinner and af bloat lol
  • LiLee2018
    So this morning started off great.
    Frickin can died in the drop off line at my daughter's school. Sooooo embarrassing. Now I have to transfer her and move and wear a mask of shame forever.
    Lol
    Seriously... Ugh. Vice principal came out and gave it a jump which thankfully worked.
    My dumbass was draining the battery every morning when I'd cut the car off to save gas, but I'd still put on the kids videos that is built in the van. I know nothing about cars other than put in gas and it makes it go! Lol
    Well, now I know not to do that anymore. /Facepalm
    Oh and of course I was all greasy and gross too.
    Was going to shower before taking her bc I woke early. Nah, I don't want to be cold while waiting so I'll just shower when I get home.
    /Cry
    The teachers and staff were really nice about it though. Reassured me that it's happened before and whatnot. Still embarrassing though.... Sigh 😭
  • LiLee2018
    *car
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Oh dear you poor thing!!!!! Hope the rest of your day gets better!! I have heard the joker was good, my oldest son saw it last weekend and loved it. Not sure if it would be too scary for me or not (i am a scaredy cat).......O M G what I wouldn't give for a big bucket of hot buttery movie theater popcorn.......drool......drool......
  • LiLee2018
    Oh dear you poor thing!!!!! Hope the rest of your day gets better!! I have heard the joker was good, my oldest son saw it last weekend and loved it. Not sure if it would be too scary for me or not (i am a scaredy cat).......O M G what I wouldn't give for a big bucket of hot buttery movie theater popcorn.......drool......drool......

It's not a scary movie imo. It's watching an already mentally unstable, severely depressed man get pushed over the edge. You come out of it actually sympathetic towards him and feeling really bad for the character and everything he's gone through.
    There are tense moments, but nothing scary. It's definitely a more grounded/realistic take on a comic book character and I think even folks that don't like comic book movies would enjoy it.
  • mistymeadows2005
    I WISH we had ANY Korean food around here, but nah....they figure we get a ton of Middle Eastern restaurants so no good Asian ones :expressionless:

You poor thing LMAO - battery issues suckkkkkkkkkk but at least you had peeps to help you!!! :)

Move theater popcorn :love:
  • LiLee2018
    I didn't track today, but back to it tomorrow.
    I didn't eat anything bad, but I know I ate too much again.
    Will definitely keep it light tomorrow and will plan on going back omad next week. I just like starting back at the beginning of the week lol.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    So sorry to hear about your car troubles <3 I know how you feel as my little car's died in front of my kids' school too. Thank goodness for RACV as the came to jump start my car. After that, DH went and change my car's battery :+1: I love popcorn especially when I go to the movies...its just something about it...<3
  • LiLee2018
    No tracking today either!
    No cheating... although I did have 3 low carb yogurts.... but everything else was good. Just didn't feel like trying to guesstimate the leftovers I had and blahblah.
    I had leftover kimchi soup
    2 coffees
    the yogurts
    and for dinner salad w/ big chunks of bacon in it.
    My calories should be ok, but probably closer to my maintenance calories.
    It's all good.

I'm going to be busy again soon. Planning the layout for the back of the van for when we participate in Trunk or Treat. Going out tomorrow to get everything and I'll be working on that until it's done.
    Can't believe there is only 2 more weeks left in this month. Holy crap is it going by fast!!

I think I'm gonna have to do a lot of low low calorie days next week to make up for what I've been doing this week.
    UGH. Kinda annoyed at myself for just basically ruining the little bit of progress I've made.
  • volgirl1322
    Don't beat yourself you can always get back on track! Trunk or treat are so much fun!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    I agree I love trunk or treats!! Im in the same boat babe...creeped up and not creepin back down LMAO - we've got this though, we know what to do ;)
  • LiLee2018
    Thanks yall. I just took 2 big steps back though lol.
    Had a fun day yesterday with the kids (daughter was out of school and it was a lovely day) so we finally used our season pass to the zoo...... which led to us cheating for the day.
    I'm going to have to do a lot of low calorie days to make up for this past week. Not that I cheated every day, just I know my calories weren't great.
    OMADing again tomorrow and will probably be doing a lot of salad days coming up. OOOO get a container of baby spinach to munch on too. Love the soft texture.
    And yeah... I got it.
    Not even going to say I regret it or not. I just have to remind myself that this is always going to happen. I'm not perfect. My diet isn't always going to be perfect. But like you said mist.... we've got this. We know what to do.
  • volgirl1322
    That is so true and with OMAD it is so easy to get back on track!!! Wishing you the best.....Mentally realizing it isn't the end of the world when you go off track is half the battle. Being off for a few days or week ---no biggie just start being mindful and you will get back on track. Happy Fall weekend!!!!1