Pelatonia

Hey All-
I’d love to hear your opinion on the Pelatonia. I’m thinking of getting one. How do people like it? Are the classes fun? Easy to find others to work out with?
Thanks!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    What is it? Is it a stationary bike? Only thing Google told me is it's a charity bike event...
  • Slider678
    Slider678 Posts: 113 Member
    Dang! I meant Peloton Bike!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    :lol: okay, so stationary bike? I'm asking because you say you want to find people to work out with? If there are classes (like spinning, I assume?) then isn't that ready-made "people to work out with?"

I feel like I'm missing something.

I hope you find whatever it is you're looking to find...?
  • sarko15
    sarko15 Posts: 330 Member
    I've never tried the Peloton bike, but I really like the spin classes at my gym, and they are free with my membership. The Peloton seems quite expensive for the benefits, and I like being able to have access to different types of workouts, not just spinning, that I get with a normal gym.

Do you work out with people on the Peloton bike? I thought you watched a class on a screeen?
  • PDKL45
    PDKL45 Posts: 11 Member
    Can the Peloton bike connect to Zwift? Zwift is like a VR cycling and running experience for indoor trainers (with your actual bike) or for stationary bikes. I think they have coaching plans etc. If I was going to buy an indoor trainer right now, I'd 100% make sure it was Zwift compatible so I could ride virtual roads. You can even form a virtual bike club I think, or at least cycle with people on the other side of the world.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    There was a recent thread about this. If I remember correctly, someone talked her out of the peloton.
  • iheartmyyorkie
    iheartmyyorkie Posts: 163 Member
    Slider678 wrote: »
    Hey All-
    I’d love to hear your opinion on the Pelatonia. I’m thinking of getting one. How do people like it? Are the classes fun? Easy to find others to work out with?
    Thanks!
    I thought Pelatonia was the name of the Tkon home world in the Delta quadrant. :o
  • HilTri
    HilTri Posts: 378 Member
    I was thinking about a Peloton too but decided against it. I prefer going to the gym and working out with others. I am not interested in the monthly subscription that Peloton, the fee or the content. There are plenty of spin workouts on line to create your own. Personally, I don’t have. Good place to put a Peloton, I don’t want it in my family room and finally if I had it at home, I’d be on it alllllllll the time because I LOVE spin and the calorie burn!
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    The only way I'd buy a peloton is if they included the ridiculously posh settings they're advertised in.

Of course it doesn't help that I'm not a fan of stationary bikes to begin with. B)
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited October 2019
    You can buy a good Spinning Bike for around 500, an I Pod for around 300 or so and a stand for around 20, then subscribe to Pelaton for classes for around 20 or so a month and have enough money leftover for an entire gym. Peloton is one of the highest profit margin pieces of equipment out there. When it came out, it didn't sell and the VC (Venture Capital) firm recommended they DOUBLE the price and it started selling. It has a gigantic markup. The idea is great, the equipment for the price isn't.

Echelon Fit has one now that's around 900, but they (I think) charge more than Peloton for their monthly classes. Nordic Track came out with one too recently, but after my recent experiences getting one of their pieces of equipment I had bought fixed, not sure I'd ever get a Nordic Track, Schwinn or Nautilus (all the same company) piece of equipment again. Their warrantee service is awful.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    I saw the commercial and thought...'this looks interesting'. I am a fan of most things fitness related. Then I saw the price. I passed