What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited October 2019
    Today first go at a 666m rowing sprint. Not impressive, around 1:50 pace. Really struggling on sprints right now. Warmed up for it (around 10 minutes) and did another 10 minutes after on the rower, then 15 cool down on the AirBike. Felt a bit shaky so didn't push afterward. Feel fine now. Think I just went out too fast.
  • jasontexas10
    jasontexas10 Posts: 42 Member
    “300” Workout
    Pull-ups x 25
    Deadlifts (135#) x 50
    Push-ups x 50
    24-inch box jumps x 50
    Floor wipers (65#) x 50
    Single-arm Clean & Press (35#) x 50
    Pull-ups x 25
    FT - 26.49
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 978 Member
    2 hours bouldering. This was a good session - I got a couple of v4s. One needed a veritable maze of arm movements to get in position.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Workout 1: squat and bench press
    Workout 2: 1 hour of an easy trainerroad workout. Thinking about starting SweetSpot Base II tomorrow evening instead of next Monday.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    AM: A step aerobics Youtube workout and a 15 min. resistance band workout
    PM: 3 mile fast/slow walk
  • surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    15 min stretching
    75 min surfing
    90 min strength training: cardio warm-up on rower and elliptical, progressive resistance barbell deadlifts, front and back squats, single leg squats, hamstring workout, kettle bells and barbell get-up, cool-down
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    Spin class; plus OHP, bench, KB swings, dead hangs (still light/conditioning weight, increasing reps).
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Yay it's Tuesday, when my workout week starts to really ramp up.

Really struggled to find my mojo first thing, struggled through my 30 min interval run. Got to end of the road and wanted to stop, got to the bottom of my challenge hill and wanted to stop, got to the top of the hill and was amazed I'd not stopped.

30 min stair workout with PT, still struggling to find my mojo at this point and she was a bit mean.

45min zumba - yay found my mojo and burnt a *kitten* storm of calories

Quick chest session, first time benching since injuring my elbow. Only used the bar (20kg) and did 3 sets of 10, slow, paused reps. Down for count of 3, hold for 3, up for 3.

Bbod PiYo define lower - 20min

45min insanity - super hard tonight

45min boxercise - now the elbow is near enough better partnered the instructor again. Had it easy in this class for far too long and wanted to give up and stop more than once.
  • The last 2 days I just rode my bike because I'm sick and I felt weak so I didn't want to waste a lifting day. Cold isn't gone tho so today I'm saying screw it and going to train legs anyways...which is going to suck, but whatever I've been out of the gym since Friday I can't take it anymore.
  • aokoye
    First hard workout on the bike since being sick. FTP ramp test followed by a 30 minute sweet spot workout of doom (that wouldn't have been of doom it it was by itself). I had a 4 watt increase which I wish was larger but oh well. In some ways I'm glad it wasn't higher because that second half an hour workout was killer after then ramp test (I gave myself about 10 min of rest in between the two).
  • surfbug808
    15 minutes stretch, 10 min cardio warm-up, 90 min strength training: chest press, rows, triceps various exercises, weighted lunges, bicep curls various progressive, abs, lats, and PT exercises, with a 5 minute cool-down
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Legs for an hour after working 16 hours on my feet, and 60 mins cardio before work.
  • aokoye
    Weight lifting class - squats, OHP, trying to learn power cleans because it was Yom Kippur when we went over them. Yes I'm being proactive and asking the instructor. We'll see how things go Monday.
    Erging - 3x1k/1min rest on a really really poorly maintained erg at the gym. Among other things, the chain needs to be oiled if not replaced.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Well, the shakiness from Monday was explained yesterday. Woke up somewhat sick. I felt like I was shaking off the cold or a flu, not sure, but feel better today. Lots of rest, took a day off and Manuka Honey, Zinc and Mushrooms (not the psychodelic kind!) might have helped.

Worked out today light and easy -- 20 minutes on the rower and 20 minutes on the bike.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Happy hump day.

6am sprints with my trainer. Pretty tough this morning.

30min interval run taking in my challenge hill, today I chose to try running up it at the end of my run.

45min PiYo

45min zumba
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 877 Member
    30 min. On elliptical
    10 minutes of strength training
    30 minute liesurely swimming
    45 minutes of Aquafit using water resistance toys
  • sarko15
    sarko15 Posts: 330 Member
    Woowee, an hour and a half of work today! Now, I eat.

Warm ups/isolation excercises:
    5 min lateral helix machine
    3×10 good mornings with an empty barbell
    30 sec each foot balancing on bosu (today was the first time I noticed improvement here! Very exciting as I'm trying to fully recover an old running injury)

StrongLifts workout A:
    5x5 bench press
    5x5 barbell row
    5x5 squats

Core:
    3x10 bosu crunches
    2x20 hip dips

Cool down/cardio:
    20 min elliptical
  • allother94
    allother94 Posts: 588 Member
    1.25 hr weight lifting
    Ran 2 miles
    1.5hr basketball game
    Burned 4000 cals
  • surfbug808
    15 minutes stretching, 20 minutes HIIT, 60 minutes Core Power Yoga... sort of a rest day today :smile:
  • jhanleybrown
    jhanleybrown Posts: 240 Member
    edited October 2019
    Indoor cycling.
    15 min WU.
    20 min zone 3,
    5 min rest,
    15 min zone 3,
    5 min cool down.

2nd interval was hard (I was supposed to do 2 x 20 min). :blush:

Oh well. Good days and bad days.