Can someone join me in losing 15 pounds by Christmas ?

Hello, I’m a 45 year old mum of two trying to set a realistic goal.. going to watch food intake and walk it off over the next 8 weeks! Please join me, let’s do this x

Replies

• kaylalee1491
    kaylalee1491 Posts: 1 Member
    I’m in!
  • ltconey
    ltconey Posts: 1 Member
    Let’s do! Should we post start weight and maintenance week to week? 10.5 weeks left! Thanks.
  • guardian2019
    guardian2019 Posts: 1 Member
    I'll do it, but I plan on loosing more than 15 ;)
  • yurika975
    yurika975 Posts: 71 Member
    I'm in! I'm a 42 year old mom. I have a higher overall goal of 100 pounds. 15 lbs by Xmas would be great! Feel free to add me
  • ephilgreen
    ephilgreen Posts: 1 Member
    yes! I am 43 yr old mom and would settle for a firm 10 lbs!
  • Sundaenia
    Sundaenia Posts: 23 Member
    edited October 2019
    *raises hand* Yes please!! I want to wear a smokin' dress on NYE. I have lost 17 lbs so far out of the 35 I want to lose and the last few are always the hardest! I am 5'3" and I shot up to 160 last year. 125 is where I typically feel my best. Let's do this!
    Current weight: 143
  • Scoutingmom4
    Scoutingmom4 Posts: 2 Member
    I’m in! 15 pounds is realistic and I have to start somewhere. Just joined MFP.
  • GetZet
    GetZet Posts: 126 Member
    Count me in. Started actually moving, making a concerted effort to challenge my body somehow each day, 9 days ago, (Saturday, October 5.)

Starting numbers as of October 1:
    218 lbs.
    41 inch bust, 47 inch hip, 42.5 inch waist

Saturday, October 12 progress report:
    214 lbs
    40 inch bust, 46 inch hip, 41 inch waist

I buy large bags of spinach, kale, collards...whatever is on sale...and throw them into everything I eat. 3 to 4 cupfuls per serving. I've been eating cleanly for the past 9 days and find it much easier this time around.

Fitness wise, week 1 I was aiming for minimum 30 minutes daily, 6 days a week, of something I am not used to. Walking dogs at a fast pace uphill for 2.5 miles, bicycling with my child across town and back again, yoga and a 20 minute zumba session found on YouTube...each day was something different.

This week, I want to bump up to 45 minutes or more 6 days a week. Started off right yesterday, taking children and dogs on intermittent jog / walk / run for 2.5 miles and walking the rest of overall 4.5 mile stretch. Will need to do something with less impact on shins today to recover. Weights and resistance bands are likely contenders.

I find immersion works best for me when it comes to keeping up willpower and motivation. As in regularly scrolling Pinterest fitness pins, MyFitnessPal community boards, googling fitness memes, looking up workout routines...living and breathing fitness in my head (without boring everyone around me) keeps me going when I get complacent, tired or bored.

We can do this!
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    I'm aiming for 10 :) Here we go!!
  • Lynneydoyle
    Lynneydoyle Posts: 1 Member
    I'm aiming for 20 and would love to join the group. 182.6lbs at the moment.
  • Lil206
    Lil206 Posts: 16 Member
    I would so love to do that! Come back to MyFitnessPal to sort myself out. I’m in x
  • sf_treat
    sf_treat Posts: 30 Member
    I would LOVE to join. My family and I will be on our first vacation ever to Costa Rica. I want to feel confident and have fun with my family and not hide behind a towel!!
  • kdv12
    kdv12 Posts: 1,697 Member
    I would love that. 15 pounds by Christmas and to be accountable by the holiday.
  • babbitn
    babbitn Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in 👍
  • GetZet
    GetZet Posts: 126 Member
    Report out for Oct 14:
    30 minute walk down & up a leveled mountaintop; 2.5 km.
    25 minute cardio and strength training workout.
    Stayed within 1300 calories.
    Aiming for a stone within 6 weeks, which averages out to slightly more than 2 lbs. a week. An aggressive rate of loss, but I'm a larger person so it's reasonable and healthy.
  • AnnMarieThomas91
    AnnMarieThomas91 Posts: 119 Member
    sounds like a plan I am in ! =)
  • Melody1995
    Melody1995 Posts: 1 Member
    Count me in!
  • tslawson3
    tslawson3 Posts: 41 Member
    This sounds great. I am in! Good luck to everyone.