The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    It was a bad night last night, lol. I actually sprained my ring finger by stabbing myself hard in the thigh - straight on - I jammed the middle joint! I had lost my grip on the flashlight and went to grab it as it fell into the patrol car. Ugh, what a dorky dweeb thing to do. Hurts like hell today.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,186 Member
    That has to hurt! 😵
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    @canadjineh Good lord, that sucks. Been there done that

It has finally cooled off. We've been in the upper 60's to low 70's during the day. It's been wonderful.
  • sufferlandrian
    We’ve been in the lower 30s for a high and upper teens for a low. I love winter but I wasn’t expecting it this soon.
  • CaliValleyGirl
    CaliValleyGirl Posts: 744 Member
    edited October 2019
    "Hang up on me again and I'll gut you like a fish!"

tenor.gif
  • sufferlandrian
    That sounds like there is a story behind that post.
  • CaliValleyGirl
    That sounds like there is a story behind that post.

Quote from scream lol
  • bethanie0825
    Or how I feel after the 5th 911 hang up from the same number... :D:D
  • sufferlandrian
    Do you ever have one of those days when you question your career choice. I'm having one of those with my kids. Maybe I wasn't really meant to be a dad.
  • sufferlandrian
    Drug addict parents have kids who grow up to be rhode scholars. I can't even get my kids to pick up their dishes out of their rooms. I feel like I'm on permanent maid service duty. Of course they won't move out. Why would they when they have parents that look after them like they were french royalty. :frowning:
  • bethanie0825
    I think everyone questions where they are or what they're doing at least once. I ask myself a few times a week if I'm being honest but those thoughts are usually fleeting.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    So, I've got a story to tell!

I decided to make one big splurge out the inheritance money that I got after my mom died and booked a cruise. I was a 4-day cruise from Sydney to Melbourne, Australia, and back. Cool, right?

Except I'm an idiot, and due to a number of mishaps (including forgetting to account for timezones), I missed my flight. So, I called the cruiseline to see if I could get a different flight. After a lot of back-and-forth, it was discovered that the earliest flight would get me there too late to catch the boat. The only option was to catch a flight to Melbourne and get on the boat there. And it was an extra $4000. So, nope. And the payment for the cruse was nonrefundable.

Sooooo, I said, well, how bout you put me on a different cruise? I'm not super picky about the destination, I just wanna take a cruise, y'know? After more back-and-forth, they were able to book me on an 11-day cruise through Barbados and a bunch of other places, for an extra $2000ish.

It doesn't leave until the 14th, so I'm just chillin in Ft. Lauderdale for the next three days, hanging out on the beach!

It's certainly more expensive than I planned, but all in all, it's not turning out too bad, lol!
  • sufferlandrian
    Wow! That should be a great cruise this time of year. I think you’re going to have fun. 😊
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Oh My Goodness, Jenn!!! I will say that that was kind of them to switch you to another cruise, 'cause, really, they didn't have to... Sounds like a good one though, I'm sure you'll have fun. Do you have a balcony or ocean view? That's pretty worth it if you are cruising throughout a bunch of places. If it's just a trans-Atlantic repositioning or similar then it's hardly worth staring at the ocean for multiple days. Join https://cruisecritic.com/ for free and you can ask all sorts of questions about your specific boat from others who have been on it, or connect with other cruisecritic members at a private 'roll call' who are also travelling on the same cruise. A great thread for first-timers - most helpful is 'the little extras to bring' to make your cabin more functional and improve your experience. There are suggestions for the best shore excursions, including privately arranged ones that are often cheaper and better than those on offer by the cruise line. I am on there pretty often to do a bit of research on the choice of cruises and ships for our next one. Bon Voyage!
  • jennifer_417
    jd6bw72o4kaz.jpg
    1dgwo1jnnx1b.jpg
  • CaliValleyGirl
    Couldn't hit maintenance today. I'm sure I'll have no trouble making up for it tomorrow. We're going to the fair! Corn dogs, funnel cakes, cinnamon rolls. Yum.
  • jennifer_417
    @canadjineh -thanks for the tip! I'm checking it out right now!
  • bethanie0825
    @jennifer_417 I hope you have an amazing time!!!
  • sufferlandrian
    It was a struggle to force myself to get on the bike tonight. A couple bad days with patients dying and all I wanted to do was sit on the couch eating fresh baked bread. If my bread maker hadn't tanked a couple months ago I might have done that.
  • rlpomeroy
    rlpomeroy Posts: 613 Member
    Hi all. Been a while since I have checked in here. Getting myself back into shape again.