I need help

Options
I need help loseing weight so bad I’ve tried everything I’m not some lazy girl either I’m willing to do the work any advice I’d appreciate it thanx in advance

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    Options
    The best advice you will get is reading through the stickied posts. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest

Weight loss is a lot simpler than you might believe (that doesn't mean it's easy).

• redeve17
    redeve17 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    add me and lets do this
  • fitemokid23
    fitemokid23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! Don’t be so hard on yourself remember you’re doing this for a life style change! Week by week start eliminating processed foods. I started off one week no candy, the following no chips then no fast food etc until I gradually built habits. Move everyday 30 minutes a day 3-4c a week and gradually build to 5-6x a week, weight training and some yoga on YouTube will help! I know it’s hard but it’s a life style, it’s your life you have nothing but time! Went from 200 to 135 in a year w time and patience best of luck to you girl!!!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    Options
    Hi! Don’t be so hard on yourself remember you’re doing this for a life style change! Week by week start eliminating processed foods. I started off one week no candy, the following no chips then no fast food etc until I gradually built habits. Move everyday 30 minutes a day 3-4c a week and gradually build to 5-6x a week, weight training and some yoga on YouTube will help! I know it’s hard but it’s a life style, it’s your life you have nothing but time! Went from 200 to 135 in a year w time and patience best of luck to you girl!!!

Whilst eliminating foods can work for some, it doesn't work for all. If you are going to cut things out, you really need to be willing to cut it out for the rest of your life.

It's quite possible for people to lose weight without cutting out all fast food and moderating their intake of it instead. It makes it far more sustainable in the long term for a lot of people, particularly for moving to maintenance.