What's on your mind?

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    I'm having my last ever snuggle with my cat before I leave her in the custody of my ex for the rest of her little life. I wish I could take her with me :sad:

Aww 😔 hugs
  • errydayimmusclin
    errydayimmusclin Posts: 97 Member
    Now that I've FINALLY made the leap and have gotten my life on track of where I want it to be, I need to find the motivation again to start working out and eating healthier. Starting at ground zero is frustrating. I need some motivation and inspiration!
  • melissawill2017
    melissawill2017 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Ever since the "incidents" here a few weeks ago, I'm almost scared to post things because I don't want anyone to think I'm posting things for "internet sympathy". It couldn't me more further from the truth. Some people may not like to read my story and that's ok... but when I share stuff I share it because this stuff is hard, and I post it in Hope's that if someone out there is going through what I'm going through, I want them to know that they can get through it too..even if they feel like they can't.

Am I positive? Yes, but not always. Do I cry? Yes, everyday... this stuff and this awful word is scary as *kitten*.

The difficult thing about Cancer is that is robs you of so much choice. People say I'm a fighter because I have cancer, but I didn't choose this. I'm a fighter because the alternative is dying. People will say I look good with a shaved head but that wasn't a style of choice, I choose to do it because I didn't want to watch my hair come out in handfuls. People will say I will get through this...and I will! But not without sacrificing my body, my self image, my idea of a "normal life" and some precious time out of my life. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I dont always have a positive spin on this. I know it will all be worth it but that doesn't mean each day isn't hard. On days like today it's hitting me that my life and my familys life isn't what I though it would be at my age... but I'm going to keep smiling 😊

I don’t know you, but I already think you’re amazing! You post whatever you want & never worry about what people think! Other people’s opinions of you (when negative) don’t matter!! My life has been greatly affected by cancer so I empathize with you so much. You are strong & beautiful. I hope your levels were ok & you can get some needed rest today❤️

• ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Ever since the "incidents" here a few weeks ago, I'm almost scared to post things because I don't want anyone to think I'm posting things for "internet sympathy". It couldn't me more further from the truth. Some people may not like to read my story and that's ok... but when I share stuff I share it because this stuff is hard, and I post it in Hope's that if someone out there is going through what I'm going through, I want them to know that they can get through it too..even if they feel like they can't.

Am I positive? Yes, but not always. Do I cry? Yes, everyday... this stuff and this awful word is scary as *kitten*.

The difficult thing about Cancer is that is robs you of so much choice. People say I'm a fighter because I have cancer, but I didn't choose this. I'm a fighter because the alternative is dying. People will say I look good with a shaved head but that wasn't a style of choice, I choose to do it because I didn't want to watch my hair come out in handfuls. People will say I will get through this...and I will! But not without sacrificing my body, my self image, my idea of a "normal life" and some precious time out of my life. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I dont always have a positive spin on this. I know it will all be worth it but that doesn't mean each day isn't hard. On days like today it's hitting me that my life and my familys life isn't what I though it would be at my age... but I'm going to keep smiling 😊

I'm not sure what happened a few weeks ago but I'm really sorry you have been reticent to share. Your posts are full of strength and courage - two things I am sure you've had to pool in abundance. Please share as much as you like.

Personally, I have found your posts really useful in helping me understand my friend who is also suffering from cancer, but he isn't able to express himself as well.
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member

Nothing wrong with sharing your story- it’s therapeutic in a way to write out chit you’re thinking - haters always gone hate - but you also have a bunch of internet strangers pulling for you too - keep your head up yo
  • Dakase83
    Dakase83 Posts: 2,524 Member

The ones who care, highly out weigh the haters. Let out your frustrations, your progress, your fears, your accomplishments... You have a great support system and awesome friends! :heart: Stay positive, gorgeous!
  • beerdedbastard
    beerdedbastard Posts: 641 Member
    Sitting on a drive-through line with no way to exit sucks

They need a "Ight Imma Head Out" lane.
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Some days feel more like a rat race than others - just running In place - with no real destination - just to do it all over again tomorrow - maybe I’m just bored 😐
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Does William Walton's Wedding procession from As you Like it sound like it could be in the Wizard of Oz?
  • CaliValleyGirl
    CaliValleyGirl Posts: 744 Member
    Over did it this weekend with the fair being in town. Not going to weigh myself till next Monday after a week of a low calorie intake to balance out my weekly calorie allowance. Not below minimum of course.
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited October 2019

Hell ya you are!💗....it's a beautiful smile....keeps me smiling back.....I think it's very healthy for you to cry and let go of the frustrations and stress and fears.....just as important as smiling.....I'm too old to give a *kitten* what other people think of me and kind of wish I never did....what a waste of energy....their negative thoughts should never be your/mine/anyone's concern....a serious "them problem" girl! I love the way you deal with your hand in life ...you're genuine and funny, truly lovely and touch so many.....you're rocking the parenting thing all over the place.and you got a.man/family and friends who adores you.....include me in that group k?!🤷🙌💕🤗
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    s131951 wrote: »
    i Can’t relate to people with no substance

We all matter, though.

mat·ter
    /ˈmadər/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    physical substance in general, as distinct from mind and spirit; (in physics) that which occupies space and possesses rest mass, especially as distinct from energy.

Yep everyone matters. Everyone is matter. My matter is magnetically repulsed by some others matters.
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited October 2019
    There's a thread for that 😉
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Been wanting to watch old movies but don't have the dvd's. Might give in and subscribe to the Disney movie service.

giphy.gif
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    s131951 wrote: »
    i Can’t relate to people with no substance

We all matter, though.

mat·ter
    /ˈmadər/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    physical substance in general, as distinct from mind and spirit; (in physics) that which occupies space and possesses rest mass, especially as distinct from energy.

Yep everyone matters. Everyone is matter. My matter is magnetically repulsed by some others matters.

Electromagnetically?