Calorie vs Carbs/fat/protein/fiber

I eat within my calories, but exceed a bit on carbs, fat, protein and fiber goals . How do you tweak what you eat to be within calories and micro nutrients goal. any examples? I usually eat vegetarian + eggs.

Replies

• alung2k3
    alung2k3 Posts: 81 Member
    It's in the "goals" tab.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    L010 wrote: »
    I eat within my calories, but exceed a bit on carbs, fat, protein and fiber goals . How do you tweak what you eat to be within calories and micro nutrients goal. any examples? I usually eat vegetarian + eggs.

The macro goals are just a general guide, you shouldn't make hitting your calorie goal more difficult in an effort to hit your macros. Many of us look at the protein and fat as minimums to exceed and let carbs fall where they may. And I have some days where I'm way off, but I don't sweat it as long as my calories are in range.

I find it helps to pre-log what I'm planning to eat for the day and see how my numbers look, then tweak portions to make them look better. Or if I have say breakfast and dinner planned, I'll log them to see what I should focus on for lunch.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    L010 wrote: »

If you eat within your calorie goals it should not matter. If you have specific macro goals you want to hit, you can adjust those in your goals. But remember it's difficult to hit all of them right on the nose.

For most, hitting the protein goal (as a minimum) is the best strategy - assuming your protein goal is in line with what you want to accomplish. Let fat/carbs hit wherever they need to keep you within your caloric goal in a way that makes you the most likely to keep your intake where you want it. Same with fiber.
  • L010
    L010 Posts: 139 Member
    Thank You all for replying.