The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,581 Member
    Hey peeps! Hope you all had a great day !
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    How do I join this group. I will be 50 in March and need some like aged peeps to motivate and keep me accountable as well as get ideas

You just did. Welcome!

I have to fill in an application for my black belt grading and it includes my height and weight 🙈 I'm putting off filling that in. Hoping I can lose a few more kg in the next 2 days 😝
  • mndym67
    mndym67 Posts: 6 Member
    Looks like I'm joining too!!

52 from Melbourne

Versicolour - which martial art are you grading in and when is your grading? I do karate :-)
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    mndym67 wrote: »
    Looks like I'm joining too!!

52 from Melbourne

Versicolour - which martial art are you grading in and when is your grading? I do karate :-)

Awesome! I do Okinawan goju ryu. The pre-grading (checking if we are going to be invited) is on Friday evening and then the actual grading is next week Friday evening through to Sunday afternoon. But apparently, if I'm not quite ready now they will make sure I'm ready by April (and still need to do the grading now)
  • DiscipleOfChrist29
    DiscipleOfChrist29 Posts: 84 Member
    TomFit18 wrote: »
    Hey peeps! Hope you all had a great day !

Thanks! You too!! My day is only just beginning though. Afternoon shift at work 😂.
  • DiscipleOfChrist29
    DiscipleOfChrist29 Posts: 84 Member
    Im 37 and have found this journey to be a crazy roller coaster. I started Jan 2017 at 340lbs.. I have hit 100lbs lost which im very excited about but I have been stuck last 3 to 4 month. I just had rotator cuff and Ankle surgery in the last 2 weeks so bedridden 6 weeks and terrified that I'm going to gain back some weight. So looking for friends to help along the way🌺💜

@Sweets419Journey - I am with you on this rollercoaster of the healthy living. I've lost over 100 lbs as well and I absolutely loathe plateaus. It's hard for me to keep that same excitement when I'm not seeing the usual progress. Now that I am building muscle, I really have to be patient. Injuries double my impatience. If there is any encouragement I can give you is that when you are injured, it is a good time to focus on just the nutrition side of things. Controlling the fork is harder than staying active for me. I'd rather go workout and run around just so I can eat more. Nutrition focus and self control will keep you from gaining weight while you are recovering and you will get some skills along the way. I learned a bowl of frozen blueberries is super filling and low calories. I'm sure you will be fine and prayerfully you'll be back up and running in "no time".
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    Morning all.
    It's my scuba club's AGM tonight. I am the treasurer, so I really should make sure I turn up...
  • TomFit18
    Good morning have a great hump day!
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Happy hump day!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Happy Wednesday everyone
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    94n7nua4trc5.gif
  • terrordawg
    terrordawg Posts: 19,462 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Happy Tuesday everyone. First day of the new week here fo the Canadians who had thanksgiving yesterday

I had the call and I am confirmed for 10:30 tomorrow morning. Means I should be done and heading home by 2:30. Today I will be running all the errands and cleaning out my car, making up some food so we have stuff to eat and trying not to get myself stressed and talk myself out of this surgery Have a great day my middle aged friends

Thinking of you, Ali! Hope everything goes smoothly and you have a speedy recovery! 🤗
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Daughter started me on a 21 days challenge workout on day 3, legs killing and cab hardly wslk so must be doing me good 🙄
  • AliNouveau
    theresa120 wrote: »
    Happy Tuesday everyone. First day of the new week here fo the Canadians who had thanksgiving yesterday

I had the call and I am confirmed for 10:30 tomorrow morning. Means I should be done and heading home by 2:30. Today I will be running all the errands and cleaning out my car, making up some food so we have stuff to eat and trying not to get myself stressed and talk myself out of this surgery Have a great day my middle aged friends

Thinking of you, Ali! Hope everything goes smoothly and you have a speedy recovery! 🤗

Thanks. I'm home yay
  • AliNouveau
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    theresa120 wrote: »

Thanks. I'm home yay

Glad it's behind you now, and you're on the road to recovery. Hope all went well.

Thanks. The tear was worse than anticipated but it was the only repair so I'm saying it's a win
  • TomFit18
    Good morning peeps!
  • Stub5157
    Stub5157 Posts: 3 Member
    Hiya. I’m closing in on 45,but I’m finally getting back into shape after my back surgery. Looking for some motivation to keep pushing and some new folks to help keep the fire going!

Tom-
  • hayito
    hayito Posts: 6 Member
    Hi, 42 year old from NJ. Working on getting back in shape current BMI is 27 and I am trying a new workout routine...
  • CaliValleyGirl
    CaliValleyGirl Posts: 744 Member
    Good morning. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
  • Good morning everyone! Back after a life hiatus. Good to see some of the old crew still on here.