Horror Movies

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    thanos5 wrote: »
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    What movie do you think had the most frightening, or best special effects, creature? I'm all about them.

l628e9frv229.jpg

a short scene but it was intense.

Ooooo, what is this from? That's cool.

It's from pan's labyrinth movie

What is "A movie I watched once and while *kitten* fantastic, went on the shelf of I will never watch again because it's too damn depressing".

i cry every time

Which is why even though I own the movie on DVD, I have only ever watched it once. Whole lotta nope for me, even though it's an amazing film.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Does anyone else find horror movies oddly comforting? I can’t explain the psychology behind it properly. Some kind of catharsis for the darker aspects of life and the mind? It was also the last thing I ever spoke to my sister about...maybe that’s personal

Yes! I think i love them because I get invested and they take my mind off things!

@savannahs21 - the conjuring!
  • savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    @safri_gal_ I tried to watch that but I couldn't get into it but I'll give it another try.
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    I recommend checking out titles by directors like Tod Browning such as Freaks (1932) and Jacques Tourneur Cat People (1942), I Walked With A Zombie (1943). Some others, An American Werewolf In London (1981), Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956), The Thing (1951 & 1982), The Monkey's Paw (1933), Jacob's Ladder (1990), Let the Right One In (2008), The Howling (1981). Pleasant dreams and apologies for any repeats.
  • savannahs21
    Thank you for the list! @huntersvonnegut
  • savannahs21
    Not horror but I watched In The Tall Grass not a bad movie but not a good movie either.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Yeah, that was a weird one.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Mother was weird, but a good kind of weird.
  • dustinsimmons23
    dustinsimmons23 Posts: 19 Member
    Mother was a lil bit weird but it was pretty good, babadook is a good one to check out
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,359 Member
    edited October 2019
    In here for recommendations
  • savannahs21
    Havent been watching movies lately i binged watched Creeped Out and I'm binge watching The Vampire Diaries now.
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    "THEM" (1954)
    Black and white movie about giant ants.
  • savannahs21
    Thanks, added to my list. @Bruceapple
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Just watched "Ghost Ship" last night and it was a lot better than I expected
  • lisadalziel50
    lisadalziel50 Posts: 13 Member
    Jeepers creepers 1,2 and 3 are great i watch them over and over again xxc
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    Reckoner68 wrote: »

if that's the movie i'm thinking of, the 1st couple minutes are freaking hilariously awesome
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Reckoner68 wrote: »

if that's the movie i'm thinking of, the 1st couple minutes are freaking hilariously awesome

The first few minutes set a bar that the rest of the movie couldn't match, that's for sure :D
  • savannahs21
    I just watched Eli, it's on Netflix. I liked the plot twist towards the end. If you have Netflix i recommend it.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Summary: People get lost in a corn maze and freak out; angry man obsesses about a shiny black rock.

In-the-tall-grass-netflix-review.jpg
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Rewatching “A Quiet Place” 🤫