4 MPH

hmhill17
hmhill17 Posts: 283 Member
Finally broke the 4mph walking speed this morning. My average speed for 2.4 miles was 14:20.

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    That's awesome! I can only manage 4mph when I'm on a treadmill, usually my max (calculated out over distance and time) on ground is like 3.75.
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Nice! I think my last walk was around 3.0, but I blame the dog and her curious nose :lol:
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    So, far my top speed track walking has averaged 1.8, 1.9 mph. I have walked as long as 35 minutes. I can go about 2.7 on treadmill. I can't explain difference but considering that a year ago on old, deteriorating un-replaced hips I could barely (and not without mobility aids) muster 1 to 1.5 mph for far, far, far fewer minutes, I just ain't sweatin' not doing 4 mph! 😊
  • JenniferM1234
    JenniferM1234 Posts: 173 Member
    Congratulations - it's a milestone! No pun intended, if that is one. :smiley:
  • butterfly_2019
    butterfly_2019 Posts: 44 Member
    OMG thats amazing - I was only asking yesterday on the Fitness Forum how I can make my walks to and from work more interesting and beneficial and someone asked me what my pace was so yesterday I set my fitbit to start a "workout" so I could see and my pace was 16mph haha! I felt that working too, I must normally walk at such a leisurely stroll
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!