Weird things you do with food

Replies

• Roza42
    Roza42 Posts: 246 Member
    OkieGina wrote: »
    Roza42 wrote: »
    peanut butter and banana on my toast. If I have extra calories throw on a slice or two of bacon.
    Bacon roasted jalapeno pancake

English muffin with peanut butter, banana and honey. Now i want to add bacon next time!

how do you make a bacon roasted jalapeno pancake? I'm not 100% sure what it is, but somehow it still sounds amazing!

It's amazing. A place called Orphan's in midtown Sacramento has this savory pancake. The pancake has cheddar cheese in it which is good, but not essential. The batter is poured over chopped crispy bacon and roasted jalapeno slices. Just be sure if you don't want it too hot the peppers have to be cooked enough to be soft and seeds removed.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    peanut butter and banana on my toast. If I have extra calories throw on a slice or two of bacon.

English muffin with peanut butter, banana and honey. Now i want to add bacon next time!

how do you make a bacon roasted jalapeno pancake? I'm not 100% sure what it is, but somehow it still sounds amazing!

It's amazing. A place called Orphan's in midtown Sacramento has this savory pancake. The pancake has cheddar cheese in it which is good, but not essential. The batter is poured over chopped crispy bacon and roasted jalapeno slices. Just be sure if you don't want it too hot the peppers have to be cooked enough to be soft and seeds removed.

That sounds delicious.
  • Roza42
    Roza42 Posts: 246 Member

That sounds delicious.

Oh it is. The restaurant is in a neighborhood with restricted parking. I have driven around it for 1/2 hour before giving up and going home.
  • Kelkat405
    Kelkat405 Posts: 166 Member
    I used to eat peanut butter and pimento cheese spread sandwiches with plain Doritos crushed in the middle on white bread. Still my favorite sandwich even though I haven’t had it in a few years.

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,586 Member
    I love french toast with tomato ketchup. Going to make that this week because we will have white bread in the house for the Christmas stuffing.
  • kosseychick
    kosseychick Posts: 244 Member
    @acpgee ... I love ketchup on french toast.. grew up on it! My whole family eats it that way! Glad to know we arent the only ones😊
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    I love canned corn mixed with Parmesan cheese.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,526 Member
    @acpgee Don't know if it's a Dutch thing but my old best friend had just come from Holland and her favorite (and one of mine once I tried it) snack was butter smeared on fresh bread with chocolate sprinkles. We had poffages (sp? little pancake things) and soft-boiled eggs in holders for breakfast all the time.
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    I eat all the outside parts of a sandwhich/burger first
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    edited April 2020
    I masticate everything I eat :o
  • acpgee
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @acpgee Don't know if it's a Dutch thing but my old best friend had just come from Holland and her favorite (and one of mine once I tried it) snack was butter smeared on fresh bread with chocolate sprinkles. We had poffages (sp? little pancake things) and soft-boiled eggs in holders for breakfast all the time.

It's dutch thing to hate buttered toast with sugar sprinkles. Chocolate is a favourite of children. New parents serve buttered tea rusks (beschuit) with sugary anise flavoured sprinkles to neighbours and colleagues. Blue ones for boys and pink ones for girls. The sprinkles for newborn babies are calledd muisjes, because their shape resemble mouse droppings.

You would have had poffertjes. Funny I saw the same pan for those tiny pancakes in Thailand too, but made with coconut milk instead of dairy milk.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    There are two of these "weird things I do with food threads", darn I was missing the pleasure of reading this one. :D
  • MinTheKitCat
    MinTheKitCat Posts: 173 Member
    -Salsa goes with everything:
    Baked potato & salsa
    Canned tuna & salsa
    Eggs & salsa
    Avocado toast & salsa
    Celery stick & salsa
    Steel cut oats, quinoa, rice, any other whole grain & salsa
    Pasta & salsa
    (You get it)
    - if salsa doesn’t go with it (or I’m out 😱), then Mustard goes with everything!
    or soy sauce
    Or hot sauce
    -Take things apart to eat because playing with my food is part of the fun! Sandwiches, desserts, candies, snack nibbles
    - anything can be eaten at any meal
    - either eat everything separately and sequentially or mix it together casserole style before eating.
    - I grew up with four siblings, so I eat FAST (even when I think I’m eating slowly)
  • blueliss26
    blueliss26 Posts: 79 Member
    A1 steak sauce on everything... cauliflower, noodles, mashed potatoes, on bread... feels good to confess that lol
  • quietriver
    quietriver Posts: 38 Member
    edited May 2020
    Grilled cheese plunged into ketchup, and pizza rolls too.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    My favorite breakfast growing up was leftover chicken pie.

A lot of my weird food things derive from having food intolerances, which won't kill you, they just make you wish you could die. So I don't eat strawberries or pears unless I've eaten meat within the last 30 minutes, and I can deglaze a pan with wine but I can't drink it with the meal.
  • acpgee
    quietriver wrote: »
    Grilled cheese plunged into ketchup, and pizza rolls too.

I have grilled cheese with ketchup. I also have french toast with ketchup.
  • kbushe3221
    kbushe3221 Posts: 176 Member
    blueliss26 wrote: »
    A1 steak sauce on everything... cauliflower, noodles, mashed potatoes, on bread... feels good to confess that lol

I went through a phase of doing this! A1 on potatoes is delish!

• kbushe3221
    kbushe3221 Posts: 176 Member
    -Salsa goes with everything:
    Baked potato & salsa
    Canned tuna & salsa
    Eggs & salsa
    Avocado toast & salsa
    Celery stick & salsa
    Steel cut oats, quinoa, rice, any other whole grain & salsa
    Pasta & salsa
    (You get it)
    - if salsa doesn’t go with it (or I’m out 😱), then Mustard goes with everything!
    or soy sauce
    Or hot sauce
    -Take things apart to eat because playing with my food is part of the fun! Sandwiches, desserts, candies, snack nibbles
    - anything can be eaten at any meal
    - either eat everything separately and sequentially or mix it together casserole style before eating.
    - I grew up with four siblings, so I eat FAST (even when I think I’m eating slowly)

I agree with many of these lol
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Well... I don't think it's weird, but others do. I eat each dish separately, if there's sauce left over from one I'll mop it up with a little bread before moving on.

The only exception is "Chinese" takeaway.