The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• dlbohl1991
    dlbohl1991 Posts: 786 Member
    dlbohl1991 wrote: »
    @sufferlandrian @jennifer_417 i haven’t been on in a while sorry guys still on the goofy shift tho so two days a week I’m a night shifter lol @CaliValleyGirl what do you do for work if you don’t mind me asking🙂

Looking really buffed sir, i remember that black and white picture of yours
    Was it from a diff thread or my profile pic for a bit?
  • GaBoy72
    GaBoy72 Posts: 485 Member
    Balls deep into another 14hr grind, but sometime after 7am my 3 day weekend starts!
  • CaliValleyGirl
    CaliValleyGirl Posts: 744 Member
    @CaliValleyGirl what do you do for work if you don’t mind me asking🙂

Lead tax examiner

So you’re the one who persistently calls! Lol jp😂

No no! I'm a SCAMMER!

we never call!
  • CaliValleyGirl
    Exhausted. About to call it quits at work. I'll be home soon.
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,357 Member
    @sufferlandrian @jennifer_417 i haven’t been on in a while sorry guys still on the goofy shift tho so two days a week I’m a night shifter lol @CaliValleyGirl what do you do for work if you don’t mind me asking🙂

Looking really buffed sir, i remember that black and white picture of yours
    Was it from a diff thread or my profile pic for a bit?

I think your profile picture
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    edited October 2019
    Lord have mercy, we've had a rough week at my little PD. Hopefully this weekend will be less excited....I don't wanna use the "Q" word lol but they had crappy calls on my 2 days off.

Fingers Crossed!

• CaliValleyGirl
    Wrapping up another 12hr day. Back here in 5 hours.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,188 Member
    10 hours into an 18 hours shift. At least I shook the head cold. Just wish I hadn‘t messed up my tummy with the meds I used to kick the cold.
  • CaliValleyGirl
    I slept maybe 2 hours. Going back in for overtime x.X
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Cold meds are the worst! I never know how I'm gonna react to them! Sleep 12 hours? Vibrate for 6? Who knows?
  • CaliValleyGirl
    I think I'm working too hard
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Wow, so much going on as soon as I'm off the boards for a while. This past set of shifts was very strange. Packs of 20something guys on bicycles with backpacks, roaming around and behaving weirdly. We are halfway between two large cities, and winter is coming so 'everyone' vacates the inland colder city for the coastal warmer city. This month is the stopover month for all the roaming homeless, not the harmless local ones with mental or social disabilities, but the other ones who are opportunists.
    Our company has just landed a huge contract with Garda for multiple cities in our area. I have been shifted off to a bank (main branch in the downtown of the neighbouring city) for this week starting tomorrow. Afternoon shift til 9 pm. It will take some getting used to, as I will be getting off shift when I normally start my City Patrol. There is a homeless shelter/halfway house across the road from the bank. The bank has had issues with them hanging about in the ATM vestibule, panhandling for money just outside the bank, and parked vehicle security.
    I'm not sure exactly what this winter holds schedule-wise, but I do know both hubby & I will be kept very busy in security from the new contract. He has his licence with the Justice Institute, too. We are already booked for a trip to China at the beginning of December and have to go to Vancouver in two weeks to get our visas from the consulate. I've also been looking around for another trip in early March for our anniversary, but not sure where yet. It will be our 38th anniversary. Soooo, we need as much money as we can make this winter for vacations before hubby's window cleaning business ramps up again mid March. Once started, it's 'hair straight back' for the year till snowfall or a spell of -5C and below.
  • bethanie0825
    It's just been weird for everyone lol.

@sufferlandrian Colds just suck. Glad you're feeling better

@CaliValleyGirl I hope you get some soon!

@canadjineh Holy cow, so much going on. China sounds amazing!
  • sufferlandrian
    Had 24 hours off then back to work. That sounds bad but I usually have 10 hours off and back to work. I had a lot of fun with the family. We did a lot of laughing and joking. :-)
  • jennifer_417
    Have any of you ever gone on a longish vacation and ended up feeling like you sort of just borrowed someone else's life for a while?

Is that weird?
  • bethanie0825
    @jennifer_417 Nope, I've felt that way before. Like what if this was my life all the time? Or what if I lived in the place instead of visiting?
  • bethanie0825
    I scared everyone off lmao
  • sufferlandrian
    No, just finally had some time off. I was home sleeping tonight until I kept getting texts. First from my son down the hall so I know he knew I was asleep. Then from work about schedules. Like that couldn‘t wait? I‘m awake now. :frowning:
  • jennifer_417
    I scared everyone off lmao

I mean. You're pretty scary. Just sayin'. :D
  • jennifer_417
    I've been getting back into routine since I got home early Sunday morning. I took a couple days off because the trip home was unexpectedly exhausting and mildly traumatic (long story). But I think I'm ready to hit the ground running again!