What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,974 Member
    Spin class (put me at 2x my default weekly 150 Garmin activity "minutes" goal, with 58% of class in Z3, and 18% Z4, so counts double "minutes", even though it's only Thursday, and despite a rain/wind-out of yesterday's planned row) . . . .

. . . plus the light sets of OHP, bench, dead hangs and KB swings I've started doing to reconcile myself (?) to the thought of coming Winter and its way-less-fun activities. ;)
  • Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 463 Member
    Went for a 5K run today. Yesterday my workout was taking the stairs up one of our drying towers at work. Let' just say the views over town are magnificent. My calves were not happy with that unexpected climb
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    10.6k in a quad this morning - race line up. It went very well all things considered, though we're going to change where two people are sitting for sake of hearing difficulties (I can only yell so loudly and the person who was in stroke seat (two seats away from me) has no hearing on one side). That said, I'm getting more comfortable making calls, my wrist position issues are getting better (making sure my wrists are flat when the blade is square), and any day where I'm not discouraged about a sculling practice is a big deal for my self confidence.

We'll get at least one more row in as a line up Saturday - a fun low stakes 6,700ish meter intra-club race around an island that in the middle of our river. This time the juniors club will join us as well which is going to be very fun but very chaotic on the dock.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Thursdays are my AT (anaerobic threashold or tough/longish) workout day. With feeling sick early in the week but better yesterday, I thought I'd kind of play it by ear. Ended up doing two 8 minute hardish intervals (85 to 90% max HR) with 8 minute slow after both -- that burned 520 calories in 32 minutes, so fairly hard.

Finished on the bike for 20 more. First 8 or so easy but I felt good enough to push a bit harder the last 12 or so -- was holding 190 to 200 Watt pace at 82% Max HR.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    I did two hours boulder at a gym I've not been two for a while. I smashed it - I got loads of routes I've not done before ( I think 6 new routes in total.)
  • sarko15
    sarko15 Posts: 330 Member
    Decided to switch up my LISS, so 45 minutes on the stationary bike today.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Today was chest day. Life was good today.
  • surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    15 min stretches, 10 min cardio on elliptical, 45 minutes strength training lower body, 60 minutes weighted aerobics, another 15 min deliberate strength training to exhaustion, cool down...
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Thursday :

30min PT, omg I hated her after this. Was supposed to have been 400m runs interspersed with 50 squat jumps, 50 press ups and 50 sit ups, but ended up being more like 1/2 mile runs. And not at my pace, oh no, she pushed me right out of my comfort zone to run at a pace of her choosing.

Then I went to the gym and had my first real leg workout in ages. Now I'm not training for a race I can do proper leg burners and I concentrated on the bum and hips, although did also do work for the rest of the legs. Was all about endurance and the burn rather than heavy weights, so little 20 no rest between sets.

Started with deep (bum to floor) squats
    5 each of 20/22.5/25/27.5/30/32.5/35/37.5kg

Then first superset using the 10kg bar (no rest between sets)
    3x10 straight leg deadlifts/sumo squats/lunges (each leg)

Followed by
    3x1min wall sit (30sec rest between sits)

Then the next superset (again no rest)

3x10 donkey kicks/fire hydrants/leg extensions. Moving immediately from one leg to the other no rest.

3rd superset
    3x10 hip circle/leg raise/reverse hip circle. Again no rest plus 10 glute bridges during each transition.

Then did some single leg and balancing work.

3x10 curtsey squat with a leg raise (holding raise for count of 5) followed by
    3x10 single leg deadlift with knee raise (holding raise for count of 5)

Finished the work section off with 10min on the spin bike, 20sec standing sprints/40sec active rest.

Then had a deep stretch.

20min piyo define upper body

1.5mile run taking in my challenge hill

1hr class - was a mash up, tabata meets barbell meets abs
    10×3
  • sarko15
    sarko15 Posts: 330 Member
    Warm up:
    5 min on helix lateral machine

StrongLifts workout B:
    5x5 squats
    5x5 overhead press
    1x5 deadlift

Cool down/isolation:
    30 sec each foot balancing on bosu ball
    15 min stationary bike

Didn't do as many workouts as I usually do today. Honestly coming off of 6 days in a row at the gym -- my body is telling me I need a day off, which will be tomorrow, though my partner and I will be going to a fall corn maze once I get off of work, so it'll be active recovery.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Don't know yet...I'm meeting with my trainer at 4 this afternoon, so I won't know until then.
  • BillM1976
    BillM1976 Posts: 15 Member
    Leg day and 5 mile run. Have a great day!
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Friday.

1hr with trainer, she said I was gonna hate her the last few days and I have. Combination of on the minute every minute burpees (starting from 1 up to 20) and trx exercises (squats with knee raise/press/shoulder press/side lunge hop/tricep extensions/Arnold press/side bends/frogger hops). Then a finisher of 5 rounds 10 squat jumps/10 high knees. Ended up doing 210 burpees!!!

5k run, taking in my challenge hill plus a couple more hills. The DOMS from yesterday had kicked in big style and it was all I could do to keep moving.

Total Body Conditioning- almost back to form in the upper body exercises now. And finding the core sections are steadily getting easier (or they would be if someone didnt add extra twists for me like changing position of my arms in back extensions and leg raises).

2 rounds of beachbody on demand piyo.
    Core - was dreading this and didnt think I'd get through it but I did. I really am crediting the 2 weeks of daily piyo I've done so far for the improvements in my core strength.

Stretch and flow - needed a.good stretch and love the flow rounds for that.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited October 2019
    60 minutes of moderately easy cardio today. 30 minutes on the Indoor Rower, then 30 minutes on the Air Bike. That white ball of fluff is my son's dog, Floyd, we're watching for a few months. He was at the foot of the AirBike with the wind in his hair!

y599cufl4bd3.jpg
    9q4wt66kv344.png
    qcuctp41cclv.png

• Viking_Dad
    Viking_Dad Posts: 185 Member
    Superset front squats/shoulder press for 20 minutes.
    5 minutes rest.
    Superset delt row pushups/curls for 15 minutes.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    I haven't quite figured out how to force myself to go to the weight room when it's not for my class yet and I had zero time to do the 90 min TrainerRoad session I had planned. Rest day for me, but tomorrow is going to be anything but.
  • fairytale_babe
    fairytale_babe Posts: 391 Member
    Rest day but will be doing cardio later this afternoon
  • surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    Usual stretch, cardio warm-up, upper body workout (chest, upper back, lower back, arms, abs) one hour+ of weight training, progressed to higher weights with kettle bells also, and PT exercises with BFR band to failure.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    More of a rest day today- but had to burn some calories so did some vigorous walking!
  • Cyberbartender
    Cyberbartender Posts: 1,319 Member
    Well "only" 32 km on my bike 1036 kcal. Actually not bad at all :)

uf0vyzuyxi6t.jpg
    d4bqymsethmk.jpg