Favourite food you've discovered recently

Replies

• maiomaio71
    maiomaio71 Posts: 231 Member
    What's cool whip? Sounds interesting!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Cool whip is like fake whip cream....the grocers have it in sugar free or fat free....it probably isn’t good for you but it tastes good lol...whip cream would be fine to use...you can keep cool whip in the freezer for a long time...good on pumpkin pie!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Cool whip is like fake whip cream....the grocers have it in sugar free or fat free....it probably isn’t good for you but it tastes good lol...whip cream would be fine to use...you can keep cool whip in the freezer for a long time...good on pumpkin pie!

If cool whip helps a person lose weight it is very good for you. It would only be if you ate tubs and tubs of it at a time that it might be bad for you but even broccoli is huge excess is bad for you. Water in huge excess can kill you.
  • conniewilkins56
    Just like everything else......moderation!
  • maiomaio71
    Do you buy it already whipped or do you whip it up yourself? I think we need a thread on foods we don't understand! Like....I've never seen a Twinkie. Or a pop tart. But you guys might not know what pork and puha is (and how good it is...and what childhood memories it triggers!)
  • maiomaio71
    When I was overseas my recipe book called for "tasty" cheese. In NZ tasty is a very strong cheddar. My Scottish flatmates thought it hilarious that you would call a cheese "tasty". It was to differentiate it from milder cheddar cheeses like Edam and Colby.
  • conniewilkins56
    Cool whip is frozen in a plastic bowl like container....you thaw it out and then it’s like a whipped cream....you can put it on pie,pudding,cake or jello....it’s white and sweet....tastes like whipped cream....btw twinkies are not that great but ding dongs,nutty buddy’s,and ho hos are pretty good!...when my family visited England there was a sign in an apartment building window that read
    TO LET.......my mom thought is was where a public TOILET was at!
  • conniewilkins56
    I have no idea what a pork puha is but my grand babies love pop Tarts!....have you ever heard of Sloppy Jo or Pig Whistles?
  • maiomaio71
    Nope! Nor ding dongs, nutty buddys or ho hos.
  • maiomaio71
    Puha is like a wild, native watercress. We boil it up with pork bones and have it with dumplings. It's a comfort food.
  • conniewilkins56
    Joseph’s flat out bread.....100 calories for a large rectangular shaped “ wrap”.... this evening I rolled two 2 patty’s of ground chuck in the shape of hotdogs....put them on the wrap with onions,pickles,cheese and ketchup....rolled it up and ate like a burrito....was really good and looked huge.....I also made a breakfast burrito on it earlier this week...
  • jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 248 Member
    @conniewilkins56 probably similar to what you posted but I eat a lot of mission carb balance flour tortillas, 70 cal and yummy.
  • conniewilkins56
    Those sound good,too...I like a wide variety of foods to keep me interested....if I can’t just eat sweets, I might as well try other things!
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    Caulipower pizza. It by no means real pizza but it's better than most other frozen pizzas.
  • I've said it in another post but my FH and I LOVE Home Chef meal kits that you can buy at Kroger. I even got my mom liking them. (She really likes the oven ready ones since it's even less prep work and doesn't have to use the stove...my dad has Alzheimer Disease and she needs to keep the knobs to the stove off.)

Last night I made Chicken breasts topped with a Spicy Dill ranch, and Butternut squash. Love that they have different recipes each week and love the minimal prep work. :)
  • maiomaio71
    I love butternut squash. It's coming to the end of the season here so getting expensive. I slice it up and cook it without any oil in the frying pan then layer it with aubergines, courgettes, mushrooms and chimichurri. So good! Stole the idea from a guy at the Farmers market.
  • kosseychick
    kosseychick Posts: 244 Member
    @maiomaio71 I'm actually making butternut squash soup today with some cayenne pepper seasoning and crumbled bacon to jazz it up. Looking forward to it😃
  • conniewilkins56
    I love spaghetti squash.....a few years ago I put one in the micro wave and it blew up...blew the oven door open and covered my kitchen in hot gooey strings of squash....it was hanging on cabinet doors and the ceiling and walls....what a mess I had!...since then, I poke more holes in the squash before I bake it!
  • kosseychick
    kosseychick Posts: 244 Member
    @conniewilkins56 Wow! I'm glad that neither you or anyone else was standing in the line of fire when that blew apart! That could have seriously burnt someone!
  • conniewilkins56
    I was glad no one was in the line of fire,too...it sounded like a bomb went off....you have never seen such a mess....