What do YOU eat for lunch?

Replies

• zuza0306
    zuza0306 Posts: 2 Member
    Love Thai curry (all of them) so try to eat it once per week/two. If not I usually have some rice with chicken or just a salad with chicken and some salad toppers (recently discovered in sainsbury, delicious and healthy salad topper)
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Lunch is my biggest meal, even when I was dieting I used to eat around 600-800 calories for lunch, and now that I'm maintaining I eat more. Basically, lunch is when I have whatever tickles my fancy that day. Usually some kind of homecooked grain and vegetable dish with some kind of sauce and occasionally dessert. If I order in, it's usually for lunch. It doesn't happen often, but yesterday was pizza with lots of fast food sides.
  • suncakemom
    suncakemom Posts: 9 Member
    Pork steak marinated in paprika and mustard with smoked bacon. It's a long time favorite that always sets things right ;)Pork-steak-recipe-1-SunCakeMom-1024x683.jpg
  • RenaSkam
    RenaSkam Posts: 16 Member
    ALWAYS do my meal prep on Sunday while watching football. 99% of the time it's a baked chicken thigh (boneless skinless) that I've marinaded beforehand. Now that it's squash season I'm addicted to parmesan spaghetti squash so I load up on that!!! Throw in a few roasted brussel sprouts for color too :) Now I'm hungry!!!
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    edited October 2019
    This week I had/am having tuna with mayo on ritz crisp and thins crackers. If I am still hungry I have apples and single serve JIF to go. If i'm STILL hungry I have bananas.
  • sally_meme
    sally_meme Posts: 2 Member
    I just bought a packet of frozen Gyozas as they looked pretty low in calories. Thought they'd be good for either lunch or a snack with a little soy sauce.
  • NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    Today I’m having baked sweet potato (200g) with a tuna-mayo-sweetcorn mix and a side of tomato, cucumber, bell pepper and red onion
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    weekdays I have a salad. This is mostly due to having a fridge at work but nowhere to heat up food. Luckily I like salad.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    edited October 2019
    Yesterday's breakfast and lunch. Pan seared NY Strip, finished off in Air fryer to medium rare. and a salad ;)
    670 calories total for steak only, 68 grams of protein.
    s9gmgj5u61zt.jpg
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    For warm weather: A random mix of greens to made the salad base, top off with pan seared chicken, a sharp cheese, hemp seeds, and a vinegar dressing.

For cooler weather: A stew of vegetables(Tomato/Onion base with peas or cauliflower..etc) and protein(chicken or ground beef) paired with a grain(bulgur, jasmine. quinoa).
  • mwboivin15
    mwboivin15 Posts: 1 Member
    luhj657ljukm.jpeg
    My favorite! Romaine with a few chopped walnuts and craisins and 2 oz grilled chicken with lite Italian Olive Garden dressing. 150 calories! I do like to add feta sometimes too.
  • DResc
    DResc Posts: 6 Member
    ‘Skinny’ Chicken Parm.

Grilled chicken breast topped with tomato sauce and fat-free mozzarella.
  • kayla8010
    kayla8010 Posts: 1 Member
    Quinoa cooked with chicken broth instead of water, with added red peppers and green onions mixed in. Super yummy and I meal prep it into Tupperware so I grab and go from the fridge to work.
  • What are your suggestions for finding good meal ideas for a 1200 a day diet?
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Google
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Today I had a toasted English muffin with ham, egg, and swiss (398 cal) and a scoop of protein powder blended with frozen mixed fruit (200 cal).
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    A simple protein shake is my go-to. Anything more than that seems to tire me out. Occasionally a small salad with tuna, or a soup will tie me over if my body is asking for something.
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Just made a big pan of green lentil, tomato and veg soup (wity paprika and chilli) which I’ll match with rice crackers and humous or toast and a boiled egg. Soup season is well underway in my house.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    made this for lunch today. Spicy Turkey Chili....403 calories per serving, 35 g protein. Yes, it's in an ice bath before I put it in fridge. Delicious!
    ozcmx5aqf099.jpg

• kosseychick
    kosseychick Posts: 244 Member
    @nighthawk584 great idea with the ice bath.. makes that cooling down so much quicker! And that chili looks yummy!