LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Food today has been good and I kept it low cal.
    Had 2 coffees
    Kimchi
    Tikka masala chicken breasts
    Kimchi
    Broccoli with a little drizzle of Caesar dressing

Total calories about 750-800

Not too shabby and easy since I've been busy with trunk or treat decorations.
    My water has been horrible the last few days though. Needed to wash my bottle and straw and got lazy about it lol. Finally did it yesterday and filled it up. Just haven't had any though. I'll start that back up tomorrow.

Right now... Man I really want another cup of coffee or some hot chocolate.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Yes, I love OMAD as its a lifestyle. You can always get back up onto the OMAD wagon :+1: We do not have this trunk or treat over here though. It sounds interesting :)
  • LiLee2018
    So.... does anyone not really fast fast before your meal? As in you have something w/ calories in your drinks?
    B/c I think that's what I'm going to do.
    I could say that I 'can't' but no.... I just don't want to give up my morning coffees now that it's gotten cool. It's just SO damn nice having it in the morning to get all warm and cozy with.
    I know I'll lose the benefits of actual fasting before my meal, but..... price I'm willing to take? Or at least see what happens.
    I won't get my OMAD card taken away will I?? /cry I won't want to leave! lol

In other news... I'm up 6lbs. I always know to expect it after cheating but UGH, still a self inflicted stab in the heart lol.
    It's gonna come off though. For that... I'm sure!
    I'm going to try to keep up low low calories for as long as I can. I'm actually surprised how OK I felt yesterday doing it.
    Thanks veggies! You're awesome! ;)
  • LiLee2018
    Alrighty... day of eating is done

Had 2 coffees w/ the usual in it
    plate of baby spinach w/ Kens italian w/ aged romano & a little bit of salsa
    About 1/2c kimchi
    Low carb yogurt
    2 low carb tortillas w/ chicken and hot sauce

Total calories... about 800

Feeling ok. I may drink another cup of coffee so calories will be closer to 900. Still not too shabby I think :)
    Just need to work on the water intake!

Oh and I exercised some today. Did bicep curls, leg extensions and overhead tricep curl (not sure if that's what they're actually called lol)
  • jadepearl
    For me, last time, I was really hard on myself and follow everything to the T. However, after a while, everything fell apart. Now I am more flexible with my lifestyle. So, if I OMAD at 12pm but at 7pm, I am yearning for a cup of coffee or tea, I will just make myself a cuppa. That way, my body is happy and I will be happy too. Keep up the good work 👍
  • LiLee2018
    Thanks Jade! It's incredibly helpful to see others talk about not being completely perfect all the time. Even though I'm good.. it helps to know that perfection isn't needed.

I did have that cup of coffee last night so calories were around 900.
    I say around usually for my calories b/c I eyeball some of the things I eat b/c I just don't want to dirty up stuff to measure every little thing. Like salad dressing for instance. I think I have a pretty good eyeball on how much a tablespoon is. Or with my veggies... 1 cup, 2 cups.. sometimes it's a little more or less, but if they're a low carb/cal veggie it doesn't matter if it's off just a little ya know?

Anywho.... this is working though. Was up 6lbs yesterday and only up 2lbs this morning.
    Hopefully the trend continues and my weight will get back down to where it was and keep going down after.
    Going to try to continue with the lower calories. If it feels like I need to eat more though, then I will. I know they're not super low right now, but it's lower than I'm used to.
    I'd really like to do this more often. Maybe 1 or 2 times a week.... if I remember to do it that is lol.
    I've been good with it though. Did feel a bit unsatisfied with my dinner yesterday even though I made sure to get a good helping of the chicken. But the coffee I had after helped w/ that.
    Water wasn't that great. Drank about 1/4 of the gallon which isn't what I had hoped, but it's better than what I had been drinking the last few days.

And yeah.. feeling a bit tired today b/c of a restless night of sleep and a bit hungrier this morning but I'm good :)
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    I think beating yourself up or being too hard on yourself always made me fall off the wagon even more. I know I will get there, but I don't know when. If I am too strict then I usually won't last. I use splenda and sugar free creamer in my coffees and i don't think it interferes with my fasting. Over the weekend I typically 2Mad, but usually the brunch is super low in calories like 100 or so. you are doing a great job and finding what works is part of the process ---if you like your coffee ---then go for it. You won't lose your OMAD card :).

Sometimes on days that I OMAD i just do super low cals, like 500-600 and that also seems to work for me.

Hope you are enjoying this fall weather ---OMG I am :)......Keep up the good work!!!
  • LiLee2018
    Thanks vol. Again...it's so incredibly helpful mentally to see that.
    We don't have to be perfect and it's OK! :)

I was hoping to do only 500-600 calories but I guess my low cal days won't be quite that low lol. It's all good. I think the 700-900 range is good enough to where I don't feel hungry after and I can at least eat enough veggies to feel satisfied for the most part.

I just had to eat though. My youngest is in a constant whiny/cry/tantrum mood today and it's developed in to me getting a giant headache. Needed to take ibuprofen so needed to eat something for it.
    Today could be a regular calorie day. MAYBE. I only ate a cup of kimchi and I feel ok so meh. Either way.. I'm good with whatever happens :)
    Ibuprofen needs to kick in soon though. Not sure it's strong enough to defeat the likes of a moody 3yo.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    First of all - love your pic!!! Second, yeah babe, you gotta give yourself some grace or the perfectionist in us will derail us IN A SECOND - I'm up to 158 today cause of Bday weekend eating and I've decided that IDGAF lmao - it'll come off. As long as OMAD is your default and the cheat days are outweighed by good days, you WILL lose :)

You poor thing - at least the water will also probs help with your headaches!! I don't get 'em very often so I'm a baby when I do...long story short, you know what you're doing babe - don't beat yourself up but hold yourself to your own standards and you'll be fine :) #balance :)
  • LiLee2018
    Thanks!
    Yeah so long as I don't keep allowing these cheats to occur more and more frequently.. I'll be good. :)

Woo boy though. My youngest was... just...he was something today and not a good something. Woke up on the wrong side of the bed I guess and was not happy with anything that was going on lol. That wore me down. Physically, mentally, emotionally.

Thankfully it didn't result in me stuffing my face though. I felt like I needed (or more like just wanted) to eat, but I didn't.

Food today

2 coffees
    kimchi
    2 low carb yogurts
    2 low carb tortilla shells w/ ground beef taco meat, 1/4 avocado, hot sauce
    more kimchi

Total calories about 900.
    Those little burritos were flippin delicious! The meat was leftover stuff from this weekend and dang was it good. Not to pat myself on the back or anything, bc I've made some bland taco meat before, but I seasoned it just right this time /patpat ;)
    Carbs were a little higher than usual b/c of the 2 yogurts and 2 tortilla shells, but I'm still only at like 30 something. Not a big deal.

I had planned on fixing fried cabbage for dinner, but I can save that for tomorrow. Yum yum!
  • volgirl1322
    Sorry about your youngest.....sometimes kids are not the greatest :) LOL.......

You will get to your goal ---just be patient and realize you aren't perfect ---reading our posts you sure will know I am not :)......
  • LiLee2018
    Yep... I will get to my goal, it's just having to remind myself that I need to remain patient with my weight loss. I went in to this knowing that I was in it until the end, whenever that was and I'm not giving up anymore.
    Like this year. I groan when I think about the weight I gained back, but I think part of this whole weight loss journey is a lot of mental hurdles we have to overcome too. Such as not being perfect and getting past mess ups or WHY you overeat or binge or whatever else might be going on. So while I wish this year had been more productive with my weight, it was productive in other ways. That's not always easy to see/accept though. It's not the accomplishment I was hoping for but it's still a good one :)

Speaking of not accomplishing things though.... I failed at OMAD today. Maybe it's b/c of the lower calories, but I found myself constantly thinking about food until I ate something (about an ounce of bacon scraps and kimchi).
    Will try harder to resist the urge to eat tomorrow!
  • mistymeadows2005
    You're doin' great babe!!! Your cals are in line, and you can't go back and change the past, so might as well focus on pushin' forward!!!

Is fried cabbage just what I think it is? If it is that's gotta be REAL boring, and I LOVE cabbage, so please elaborate LMAO
  • volgirl1322
    You will totally get there! For me, even though for months I lost and gained the same five pounds, during that time I realized what some of my triggers were. I always look back and think of how far I have come and far not only in terms of the numbers on the scale but in terms of mentally where I am, and it sounds like you are the same way ---so great job!!!

Steph---my fam loves fried cabbage, here is what I do:
    cut up cabbage and stir fry in a wok with oil, sometimes a bit of bacon grease, garlic powder, onion powder, soy sauce, ginger, and cayenne pepper (we like it spicy). It is absolutely amazing.........
  • LiLee2018
    Lol I do like mine a bit boring. Cut it up, saute some diced onion in butter then add the cabbage. Salt, pepper (lots and lots of pepper), garlic powder. I'll add water so it helps to soften up the tougher parts and let it cook out. It is a bit boring but that's how I like it lol.
    I also added some already cooked bacon scraps too near the end.

Calories today.. a little over 900.

3 coffees
    kimchi
    bacon scraps (not sure what they're called. It's like big chunks of misc bacon pieces)
    cabbage little bit of onion sauted in butter
    low carb yogurt

Feeling nice and full. I'm sure the cabbage is going to give me horrible gas though lol
  • jadepearl
    I love cabbage too...delicious! :) Glad to hear you are doing well :+1: Keep up the good work :)
  • volgirl1322
    <3 your new pic :)
  • LiLee2018
    Aww thanks :)

Good today but definitely noticing my hunger is amped up these last 2 days and early on. I'm ok mentally not OMAding right now just bc my calories are remaining a little low, but I do want to get back to it once I'm not doing lower than usual calories.

Friday won't be that day though. It's our anniversary and we already have our dinner planned out. I've been craving a baked potato and damnit, I'm going to have one! Sour cream, lots of butter and salt and peppered outter skin and I'll be happy! DH also wants chili so I'll be fixing chili w/ beans too. Not a giant pot of it like I usually do, but just enough for dinner. OMG I can't wait. May make myself a chocolate mug cake to go along with it. Found SF whipped cream in a can at Walmart that I bought for it or just to spray in to my mouth :P lol
    Curious to see what my body will do on whole food carbs instead of sugary processed stuff carbs. See if I bloat up as much or less or what.

DH has a potluck on Friday and wants me to make a cheesecake for it. UGH.
    It's a white chocolate raspberry cheesecake recipe that I found on allrecipe. It's seriously the best cheesecake ever. Rich and delicious and it's going to be hell not tasting it when I make it tomorrow. Torture. Pure torture!

Anywho... water has been sucking. Been working on trunk or treat thing and not in my usual spot so haven't been thinking about water until it's bed time. I've been trying to chug down some, but it's not as much as I hoped. You can only chug so much in 30mins lol. I'm almost done with the stuff though so should be getting back on the water train soon!
  • volgirl1322
    OMG I love chilli and a baked potato there is nothing better....OMG especially with the skin all seasoned and delicious.......think that might be a weekend meal for us as well :)......Happy Anniversary!!!!!! How long have you been married???

You will have to share pics of your finished trunk or treat it sounds so fun!!

• mistymeadows2005
    Well now I want a baked potato..................................

*sigh* LOL