What screams "I'm very insecure"?

Replies

• Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    I don’t really think there’s one defining behavior for insecurity. I think everyone probably exhibits it differently. When I am feeling insecure, I shut down and withdraw. I’ve been told that I can come off as unapproachable, but really I’m just in my own head.

I do this for sure. I call it "going hermit".
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Not gonna touch this one.

giphy.gif
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Constantly seeking validation or trying way too hard. There’s a difference between those that are confident & those that over compensate.. doesn’t take long to see the difference!

I don't really see alot of this. I don't know, maybe I'm blind 🤷‍♀️ Maybe some need validation because they don't get any at home or don't feel good about themselves. I don't hand out compliments that I don't mean but when I do they're genuine and it makes me feel good to make others feel good. I guess what I'm trying to say is that sometimes we don't know people and don't know why they do what they do.

Like you, I dont hand out compliments. I don't like empty compliments so I don't give them but when I compliment a female or male, I genuinely mean them. If someone doubts the genuineness of your words that's more on them. Patterns speak louder in that case to me. And again, like you said, we dont know why people do what they do and the level of insecurity they carry on day to day basis. Cultivating self reflection is hard for some people to do because you have to question your own actions and most people dont like to see the ugly in themselves. I'm not sure where I'm going with this and I'm off track probably so I'm just gonna end it here 🤣
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Laughing too much

Apologizing when you’ve done nothing wrong

Making apologies or excuses for your home, appearance, children, etc

Hunching shoulders

Dis me. Except the shoulders. I am very conscious of my posture. But the floor is very interesting when I walk.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    wmd1979 wrote: »
    Laughing too much

Hunching shoulders

I feel like I laugh too much, but thats probably because I find things funny that other people would think are stupid. I once saw a sign that said "please don't write on this" and right next to it, someone wrote "ok" and I still laugh about that to this day. Ok, now I feel insecure about the fact that I laugh too much. :D

That sign would make me giggle...
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Y'all need some serious couch time. B)

_83555491_woody-allen.jpg

Only if I can nap.
  • melissawill2017
    melissawill2017 Posts: 1,131 Member
    wmd1979 wrote: »
    Laughing too much

Hunching shoulders

I feel like I laugh too much, but thats probably because I find things funny that other people would think are stupid. I once saw a sign that said "please don't write on this" and right next to it, someone wrote "ok" and I still laugh about that to this day. Ok, now I feel insecure about the fact that I laugh too much. :D

Same! I laugh way too much- I’m easily amused & laugh at the most random things!! I totally would’ve laughed at the sign too!! I’m a dork..🤪
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    My abandonment issues
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    my face
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    km8907 wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Y'all need some serious couch time. B)

_83555491_woody-allen.jpg

Only if I can nap.

Sure

The meter is running....

Treat the session as you see fit.
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Constantly seeking validation or trying way too hard. There’s a difference between those that are confident & those that over compensate.. doesn’t take long to see the difference!

I don't really see alot of this. I don't know, maybe I'm blind 🤷‍♀️ Maybe some need validation because they don't get any at home or don't feel good about themselves. I don't hand out compliments that I don't mean but when I do they're genuine and it makes me feel good to make others feel good. I guess what I'm trying to say is that sometimes we don't know people and don't know why they do what they do.

No- I agree with you! I gush over girls all the time, but not because I’m insecure- it’s quite the opposite actually. I appreciate strength, confidence, & beauty & im not afraid to compliment someone when I see this; whether they are male or female. There are soo many beautiful people in this world- both inside & out! I think lifting others up & showing kindness shows anything but insecurity!

This!!! 💗💗💗💗👐😍🤘
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member

Like you, I dont hand out compliments. I don't like empty compliments so I don't give them but when I compliment a female or male, I genuinely mean them. If someone doubts the genuineness of your words that's more on them. Patterns speak louder in that case to me. And again, like you said, we dont know why people do what they do and the level of insecurity they carry on day to day basis. Cultivating self reflection is hard for some people to do because you have to question your own actions and most people dont like to see the ugly in themselves. I'm not sure where I'm going with this and I'm off track probably so I'm just gonna end it here 🤣

Beautifully said beautiful girl💗💗💗😍🤘
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    edited October 2019
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    My personal insecurity is the belief that no one likes me so I can be slow to warm up to people or to trust them. I imagine this probably makes me seem standoffish at times but really I just want you to be my friend OK?

Empathy^100
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    My personal insecurity is the belief that no one likes me so I can be slow to warm up to people or to trust them. I imagine this probably makes me seem standoffish at times but really I just want you to be my friend OK?

You are one of my favorites.