What screams "I'm very insecure"?

Replies

• ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    My personal insecurity is the belief that no one likes me so I can be slow to warm up to people or to trust them. I imagine this probably makes me seem standoffish at times but really I just want you to be my friend OK?

You are one of my favorites.

N'aww 🤗
  • Rubbernut1975
    Rubbernut1975 Posts: 5 Member
    comparing yourself to others.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    wmd1979 wrote: »
    Laughing too much

Apologizing when you’ve done nothing wrong

Making apologies or excuses for your home, appearance, children, etc

Hunching shoulders

I feel like I laugh too much, but thats probably because I find things funny that other people would think are stupid. I once saw a sign that said "please don't write on this" and right next to it, someone wrote "ok" and I still laugh about that to this day. Ok, now I feel insecure about the fact that I laugh too much. :D

I think you think too much. 😉😊
  • ghudson92
    1sphere wrote: »
    My personal insecurity is the belief that no one likes me so I can be slow to warm up to people or to trust them. I imagine this probably makes me seem standoffish at times but really I just want you to be my friend OK?
    I think that's normal enough, you're right not to trust anyone. But as long as you do give some people a chance to say a few words...(I think).
    I believe in feeling. I believe we get a good feeling around some people, and no feeling around some other people.

Everyone gets a chance 😊 I get what you mean r.e the vibe thing.
  • your_future_ex_wife

When people are nice to me I attribute it to their kindness and not to me being likable in any way. Mostly I think people tolerate me because they’re good people.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    People who can never be alone and jump from one relationship to next.

Always filter their photos.

Can’t admit another person of the same gender is attractive.

Overly PC about everything.

So many women know this that now you see women gushing over each other instead. In some situations it’s clear that the compliments are only intended to make themselves look secure when they aren’t really.

i freely compliment other women bc it’s easy for me to see how they are pretty or what they got that’s special/cool even if they can’t and idgaf if other people think i’m being insincere as long as she gets to hear the compliment

also imo women gushing over each other like drunk-bar-bathroom-style “omg!!! i love your dress!!!” and “u have the most gorgeous hair ever i am soooooo jealous” is like the best to me

but tbh i’m super insecure so maybe it is a sign of insecurity idk

I like to compliment other people, men and women, when I notice something I like or admire. I like compliments, so I figure other people may too.

And if I think it and don't say it, I sometimes regret it and wish I had. It's like a wasted nice gesture.

I've learned to take a compliment too, I used to feel embarrassed or like they were insincere, but now I just take them literally, whether true or not.
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    edited October 2019
    Laughing too much

Hunching shoulders

Ugh...me ...all of it

iksvhn1wgmmb.gif
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    I silently scream insecurity - I’m in my head most days - i try to hide behind humor or idgaf attitude- but I’m always in my head about something 🤷‍♂️
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    I silently scream insecurity - I’m in my head most days - i try to hide behind humor or idgaf attitude- but I’m always in my head about something 🤷‍♂️

This is me 🙋‍♀️

We might as well carpool. Dis me too.
  • paddydiver24
    paddydiver24 Posts: 567 Member
    MichSmish wrote: »
    maxresdefault.jpg

Hell yes!!! with the extra wide towing mirrors fully extended
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    maxresdefault.jpg

You know he has to have matching equipment for vaping.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Laughing too much

Hunching shoulders

Ugh...me ...all of it

iksvhn1wgmmb.gif

Hi kettle, I’m the pot. I mean. I recognize it because i do it too. Not always. I feel ok a lot of the time nowadays, but sometimes. I used to be kind of crippled by it though.

Also, I’ve gotten pretty good at compensating. I can walk tall and strut even when I feel like *kitten* because I’m particular about who I share my pain with.
  • paddydiver24
    paddydiver24 Posts: 567 Member
    maxresdefault.jpg

You know he has to have matching equipment for vaping.

LOL!!!! I like your humor!
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    I have one I'm guilty of. Asking permission and/or asking if it's ok when a plan changes. And I mean like every step of that change too.
  • This_far
    This_far Posts: 536 Member
    Baseball hat. Regretfully it's necessary in the sun but has become a relex to grab on way out the door. Trying to break that habit.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    This_far wrote: »
    Baseball hat. Regretfully it's necessary in the sun but has become a relex to grab on way out the door. Trying to break that habit.

You look very good with that nice short haircut you had several weeks ago. No hat required 🙂
  • ghudson92

When people are nice to me I attribute it to their kindness and not to me being likable in any way. Mostly I think people tolerate me because they’re good people.

I completely understand what you mean.