Apple Watch 4 vs. Garmin Vivosmart 4

breidbetsy
breidbetsy Posts: 2 Member
edited October 2019 in Fitness and Exercise
I am attempting to make some headway with my weight loss journey and am wondering whether the glorified Apple Watch 4 (smartwatch & fitness tracker) or Garmin Vivosmart 4 (dedicated fitness tracker) would be most beneficial. Leaning towards the Garmin due to its slimmer build making it more likely to be worn 24/7 compared to the bulkier AW4. Please let me know your thoughts if you have experience with either of these!

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    I have a different Garmin watch and love it. Round watches look better, always on display and battery life are much better, and exercise tracking is far and away better. It's smart enough to put my phone down and forget about it, but not so much that it gets in the way.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    I also have a garmin and absolutely love it. The build quality is fantastic and they just keep going. The after care is great as well if you need it.
  • breidbetsy
    breidbetsy Posts: 2 Member
    edited October 2019
    Which Garmin models do you have?
  • Girlheidi
    Girlheidi Posts: 60 Member
    Vivoactive 3. Its awesome
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Girlheidi wrote: »
    Vivoactive 3. Its awesome

I've just upgraded to vivoactive 4. I loved my 3
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Fenix 6X.

I did two really long hikes this summer; one took 23 hours, the other 26. I struggled to keep my previous watch powered the first time, and the battery died a couple miles from the end of the trail the second time. The new one gets 52 hours of GPS time, and that alone was compelling enough for me to upgrade.