Weigh-in Wednesday-post here for accountability

Replies

• ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    SW: 174? (Sept 20, 2019 - my scale died and I had to replace it. Some weight loss may be calibration differences between hardware.)
    CW: 161.8 as of this morning.
    GW: 135-145ish depending on what looks good. (I usually freak out at a certain point and slam on the breaks because I'm losing 2 lbs/week while that close to goal and I still don't know why my weight loss gets so whooshy towards the end. )

Still losing somewhat faster than my scheduled 1.5 lbs per week. Low weight for last week was 163.6. I'm trying to keep up with my calories, but the week has been very, very, very stressful and upsetting and my appetite has been gone - with cause.
  • aries68mc
    aries68mc Posts: 173 Member
    SW: 257.2
    CW: 162.6
    GW: 157

Down 1.8 since last Wed
  • simmoner4
    simmoner4 Posts: 132 Member
    Sw: 138
    Cw: 133
    Gw: 120
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,112 Member
    SW: 176
    CW: 160
    GW: 140

I’ve been stuck at 160 for over a year and realize that what I did to lose to first 16 pounds isn’t helping me lose more. I need to make some more changes. I think what I need to focus on are consistency and stopping the late night snacking! I will post my weight every Wednesday. Thanks for this thread!
  • kristenmary70
    kristenmary70 Posts: 55 Member
    Way to go, everybody! Lots of folks are making progress in the scale, and/or evaluating what is working or not. Thanks for continuing to share!!
  • kristenmary70
    kristenmary70 Posts: 55 Member
    SW 202
    CW 157.1
    GW 149
    Down .6 today. So happy to see the scale going DOWN!!!
    How is everybody else doing?
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    edited October 2019
    SW: 174? (Sept 20, 2019 - my scale died and I had to replace it. Some weight loss may be calibration differences between hardware.)
    CW: 162.8 as of this morning.
    GW: 135-145ish depending on what looks good. (I usually freak out at a certain point and slam on the breaks because I'm losing 2 lbs/week while that close to goal and I still don't know why my weight loss gets so whooshy towards the end. )

Weight is UP a pound from last week, but yesterday I was 161.8 and Monday I was 160.8. I switched tracker hardware because my Mi Band 4 has a beautiful display and heart rate and only requires charging like... once every 3 weeks, and the Fitbit Alta kept hanging and crashing and not tracking steps and I had to put in a lot of manual entries. Having done that, the Mi Band doesn't have a good option to do auto updates on step count or calories burned, so I switched from a sedentary estimate of 1230 calories + exercise to an Active estimate of 1460 calories per day with mostly no calorie update, since my step count per day is averaging 12k steps.

I may need to tweak this as I've found that I am getting less calories this way than I was eating back calories from the Fitbit estimate on days that the Fitbit was actually working.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow wherein I will find out if I can return to weight training, so my calorie consumption is going to have to be tweaked again to accomodate that, if I'm allowed. So I'll worry about working out new calorie estimates once I've determined how extreme a change I need to make.

So. Fingers crossed for good news from my labs and the doctor tomorrow!
  • lrsirius
    lrsirius Posts: 328 Member
    10/2: 163.4 (+.6)
    I forgot to log!
    10/23: 160
    I am staying disciplined, and I know my fitness has greatly improved, but I sure wish this process was faster!
  • aries68mc
    Sigh...I am up .2 from last week, to 162.8. A bit of a roller coaster this past week. Sunday I was down to 161.8.
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    I’m a little late but I’d like to join!

SW: 190
    CW: 155.4
    GW: 120
  • simmoner4
    simmoner4 wrote: »
    Sw: 138
    Cw: 133
    Gw: 120

Down 1 pound from last Wednesday!
  • jessica91b17
    jessica91b17 Posts: 9 Member
    SW: 135
    CW: 119
    GE: 105

I started years ago but have gone back and forth. My goal looks low but I’m very short, 5 ft 0” and have a small frame. I was that weight when I was starting college and it’s when I looked and felt my best.
  • simmoner4
    edited October 2019
    Still sitting at 133. Had a fun weekend and didn’t track everything, also am on my period. But I’m back on track with nutrition and moving forward
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    SW: 162.8 last week
    CW: 161.8 as of this morning.

Weight loss continues to be too fast, but will hopefully slow down as I push myself to eat more. This week's goal has been to eat 1700 calories per day (Up from 1450), and it's been difficult, but I've largely been getting there +/- 25 calories.

I nailed my ferritin numbers after a month of supplementing, and the doc gave me permission to return to heavy lifting. I've gone twice so far and will eventually need to get my calories up to 1850-1870 to support those workouts. Water weight is up because of the lifting, but over the weekend, I did see 160.2 on the scale on my second rest day. Next week, I'm kind of excited and anticipating seeing 15x numbers on the scale from time to time. I'm about 6 lbs away from the "healthy" BMI zone.
  • LisaLE7073
    LisaLE7073 Posts: 1 Member
    SW: 202.6 started on Monday
    CW: 199.6 as of this morning
    GW: 165 this seems to be a realistic goal

Just starting out. I have been down this road before and lost 40 pounds but put it back on over the course of 4 years. Going to try to go a little slower and hope for long term loss.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    SW: 161.8 last week
    CW: 159.4 as of this morning.

Weight loss continues to be too fast and eating more is still hard. I have "low calorie/high volume" shopping habits I need to let go of so that I can get in enough calories in two meals and still be comfortable.

I saw 159.0 on the scale earlier in the week, and while it was too soon, I will admit to having a small thrill every time I see 15x on the scale, because I'm now back in familiar territory instead of "WHAT IS HAPPENING TO MY BODY?!" territory. Goal this week is still to eat at 1700 calories or more and slow weight loss to .5-1#/week. TDEE should be in the neighborhood of 2127-2300 calories, but that's a really big range, so I'm hoping things settle out with my eating/losing so that I can get a better handle on my actual activity level/burn rate.

• aries68mc
    SW: 257.2
    CW: 160.1
    GW: 157
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    SW: 190
    CW: 155.4
    GW: 120

‪10/23- 155.4‬
    ‪10/30- 153.1‬
    11/06- 151

Really looking forward to getting back into the 140s! I’m so frustrated with myself for gaining back and getting into the 150s again. I’m glad I’m losing weight again but it also kind of doesn’t feel like progress? More just trying to get back to zero since I hit 140 before I fell off the wagon and started gaining.
  • Someonerandom1
    Someonerandom1 Posts: 13 Member
    SW: 165 April 2019
    CW: 142.8
    GW: 130

I’ve been slacking on nutrition the past 2 months. I’m ready to get it dialed in again!
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    Weight (May '19) 281
    MFP SW (Aug '19) 267
    CW (Today) 242.2
    GW 225*

* I am not as laser focused on goal weight as I once was or others are. The next sentence explains:
    All of these numbers are in the wake of hip replacements in January and April before which I could do little and after which I came to conclusion that however I could, I was not going back to any part of how I was or felt prior to 2019. That changed my focus more to overall health and fitness and less on weight. I am shortly getting labwork done that I hope and expect to validate this. All this has also given me built in accountability!