What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    hit the gym early at work and got a great chest workout in. Bench press barbell, incline dumbbell press, and exercise ball dumbbell press...finished off with pushups to failure.
  • jhanleybrown
    jhanleybrown Posts: 240 Member
    aokoye wrote: »
    @MikePfirrman thanks for the information and resources So good!

I will ease up on the intensity. I go by watts and distance. Will be interesting to set different goals. Maybe find a consistent watt and improve. I went from barely able to do 5 minutes straight at 40% and I could barely walk after workout to a 10 min 100% warm up after one year. I am slow compared to you. 2:30

Assuming you're using a Concept 2 rowing machine, please please please read their page on drag factor and damper settings. They also have two other articles, one about myths people believe and the other about the drag factor various olympians set their ergs to, that would be helpful. Even if you're not using a concept 2, those three links will probably be very useful.

Words "concept 2" automatically raise my blood pressure.

I'm 25 years post college and finally don't have erg stress dreams.

My favorite was from a longtime ago:
    I had a 10k erg test. When I showed up - as dreams will - the test suddenly was the starting line (although in the dream this made sense and was still just an erg test). Out of nowhere a large cushy bus with super clean comfortable seats appears and I am given the option to "take the bus" to the end of the erg piece which in the dream is the course finish line. Which I do and meet everyone at the finish....we all cheer the test being over. And I'm happy to have finished having taken the bus.

"Taking the bus" became teamslang for throwing an erg piece.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    I walked to get some groceries
    Walked to get my boy at school
    Walked around the school yard
    I'm not allowed to do anything else really while I recover. It's annoying
  • surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    15 minutes stretching, cardio/warm-up: 10 min rowing, 5 min elliptical. 60 minutes strength exercises: abs, back, arms, chest... and kettle bells get-ups. Playing soccer game later est: 60 min
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,953 Member
    Just the usual spin class, plus the high-ish rep/light weight sets of OHP & bench, some dead hangs, KB swings, that I've started doing lately.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    10/21/19
    6-8 am:
    Yoga
    Sun Salutation - 10 Rounds
    5 Tibetan Rites
    Meditate

6-7 pm:
    Strength
    Pull-up - E2MOM (21m)
    5 rep every 1m20s (75)
    Core Strength
    Pancake Sit-up - 3 x 10 (30)

10/23/19
    6-8 am:
    Yoga
    Sun Salutation - 10 Rounds
    Read / Write / Meditate
    Yoga
    5 Tibetan Rites
    Strength - GTG
    Dead Hang x 60s x 3 (3m)
    Handstand Wall Hold x 60s x 3 (3m)
    HSPU x 3 (3)
    200 Jumprope Skips (1/2lb Rope) x 3 (600)
  • jhanleybrown
    jhanleybrown Posts: 240 Member
    Yesterday was active rest day. Walked dog for 30 min in morning and again after work.

Today was long at least for me during work week: 75 min peloton power zone ride

5 long zone 3 intervals - 12 min, 9 min, 6 min, 9 min, 12 min - with 4 min zone 2 in between each. All watt based not heart rate.

Not too bad except last interval. Last interval was hard but I finished it.
  • Viking_Dad
    Viking_Dad Posts: 185 Member
    Superset for 20 minutes straight legged deadlifts/skullcrushers.
    5 minute rest.
    Superset for 15 minutes cable crossovers/bent over row.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    30 minute Steady State (slower) row and then 20 on the AirBike Pro (still relatively easy).

hrbmxd0cp5o9.jpg
    6o0tdo3s7t34.png
    tdj1fdoyvzry.png

• firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Wednesday

Bench : decided it was time to start pushing the weights a little. Started out with 3 sets of 10 at 25kg, down for count of 3, hold for 3, up for count of 3.
    Then sets of 5, going up 2.5kg a set until I hit 40kg. Ok not quite back where I was but getting there.

30min cardio, rower and stair master

3mile run - taking in my challenge hill and in the dark.

Piyo

Zumba
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    edited October 2019
    Workout number 1: weight lifting class - squats, OHP, bent over row. Three sets of five for each. Squats are my nemesis because of the knee surgeries I've had, but I'm slowly getting better. I had a bit of a breakthrough today in terms of form which was great, but the challenge is going to be ironing that in in terms of "this is how you do this correctly".

This all still feels like a chore (like various other things that are good for me but that I don't want to do), but I can see why people like it and at least I'm learning how to do these lifts correctly. I am also getting stronger, but my mind is trying to protest.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Workout One (early morning ) Shoulders..upright row, shoulder press, lat raises
    Workout Two (afternoon) Back...chinups, rows, bent over rows
    Workout three (evening) wine
  • AnnPT77
    Yet another too windy for the degree of cold morning, so cancelled on-water rowing. Decided, reluctantly, to sneak in 2 x 10' on/2' off (1st 2' drink break and row in easy, 2nd 2' CD at easy pressure) on the rowing machine before dinner, aiming at moderate pace around 2:30. Need some more conditioning: It's costing me a higher HR than the same split was last Winter (not too surprising). :lol:

b2im7a2inejc.jpg
    m19jfseitkxw.png
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Workout 2: 60 min on trainerroad. The first workout of Sweetspot Base II not including the ramp test which felt way better than I expected it would. Not easy, but not super hard either.
  • surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    Rest day... 15 minutes of morning stretching and later 25 minutes of Zhumba just for fun.
  • Finafoshizzle93
    Finafoshizzle93 Posts: 157 Member
    Yesterday: 2500 yard swim (50 min); 75 min vinyasa yoga

Today: 2500 yard swim (50 min); 30 min weight training
  • AnnPT77
    Thursday, so spin class; and the light higher-reps sets of OHP, bench, KB swings, plus some dead hangs. I'm a dull, repetitive gal. :drinker:
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    10/24
    6-7 pm:
    Strength
    Vertical Push Pull
    300 Jumprope Skips (1/2lb Rope) x 5 (1000)
    Dip - 12-10-7-5-2 (36)
    Pull-ups - 12-10-7-5-2 (36)
    Pike Press - 12-10-7-5-2 (36)
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Thursday.

30min sprints with trainer, she really ramped the pressure up today, had me chasing her, and then she chased me. Managed to spike my pace at an unheard of <4:30

Leg day. Yay still relatively light but really enjoying getting a full on leg day in.

Deep barbell squats
    6@20/22.5/25/27.5/30/32.5/35/37.5kg

Deadlifts
    3x10@40kg

Superset 1 barbell 11@10kg no rest between sets
    Straight leg deadlifts
    Sumo squats
    Lunges (each leg)

3x1min wall squats

Superset 2 11reps no rest between sides/sets
    Donkey kick
    Fire hydrants
    Leg extensions

Superset 3 11reps no rest between sides/sets, 11 glute bridges between sides
    Hip circle
    Leg raise
    Reverse hip circle
    Clams

3x11 curtsey squat to leg raise

3x11 single leg deadlifts to knee raise

Single leg push down level 10, 3x11 no rest between legs/sets

Standing calf raise 30kg, stretch calves between sets

12min rower (6)
    10min spin (20sec standing sprint/40 sec active recovery)

10min deep stretch

20min run taking in my challenge hill. Pretty good pace today..

Mash up - tabata meets weights meets abs