The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• paddydiver24
    paddydiver24 Posts: 567 Member
    kimber0607 wrote: »
    Hey all..been away for a bit..fell off the wagon...and .some health stuff going on...my eyes, after wearing contact for 20+ years, have seemed to reject the concept...and Ive been dealign with swollen itchy eyes for the past few months
    Ive been on antibiotics 3x, drops and now topical steroid ....fun fun...

Ive had to invest in some new glasses and hopefully this will resolve itself..but when I stop the meds the swelling comes back..anyone deal with something similar?

annoying but I'm back to tracking and getting my act together...
    hope everyone is well
    kim

Hi Kim
    What does the Dr. think is the reason?
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    edited October 2019
    [
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 wrote: »
    Hey all..been away for a bit..fell off the wagon...and .some health stuff going on...my eyes, after wearing contact for 20+ years, have seemed to reject the concept...and Ive been dealign with swollen itchy eyes for the past few months
    Ive been on antibiotics 3x, drops and now topical steroid ....fun fun...

Ive had to invest in some new glasses and hopefully this will resolve itself..but when I stop the meds the swelling comes back..anyone deal with something similar?

annoying but I'm back to tracking and getting my act together...
    hope everyone is well
    kim

Hi Kim
    What does the Dr. think is the reason?

Hi....at first the Dr said it had nothing to do with my contacts...but didn't offer any input as to what it was/what was going this reaction.....the issue was only affecting one eye for weeks..but when it started affecting both eyes, the Dr chalked it up to allergies...
    Ive never had issues with allergies or eye problems before..ever..ive been taking Claritin daily since this started
    out of desperation I stopped wearing my contacts, even though I was told I didn't have to, and the issue seemed to get better...so for now I'm going to try to stop the meds and continue wearing glasses and hope my eyes don't swell again..sigh

I guess out bodies change as we get older....not for the better..LOL

Kim
  • paddydiver24
    paddydiver24 Posts: 567 Member
    Hi again.
    I used to be a us army flight medic. One of the things that we as flight crew could not use was visine and epinephrine and pseudeo ephedrine due to an effect called rebound. When the meds wear off the swelling would return and what was advised to us, was not to stop all of a sudden, but to taper off.
    Maybe this helps.
    Take care and good luck.
  • Rubbernut1975
    Rubbernut1975 Posts: 5 Member
    The big 4-4 coming up in a couple of weeks, please feel free to add me
  • kimber0607
    Hi again.
    I used to be a us army flight medic. One of the things that we as flight crew could not use was visine and epinephrine and pseudeo ephedrine due to an effect called rebound. When the meds wear off the swelling would return and what was advised to us, was not to stop all of a sudden, but to taper off.
    Maybe this helps.
    Take care and good luck.

Yup....I tapered the steroid...3x a day for a week, 2x a day than down to once a day for a week...but the swelling comes back each time :(
    Thanks for your insight though... Im hoping this time it doesn't return....
    Next step might be to an allergist
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,581 Member
    Good morning peeps! TGIF...hope you all have a great day!
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Morning and happy Friday, have a great weekend!
  • sjerseygirlm76
    sjerseygirlm76 Posts: 30 Member
    So ready for the weekend!! Hope you all have a great Friday!
  • pandygirl56
    pandygirl56 Posts: 73 Member
    Good morning and Happy Friday 🌞 Y'all have a great day and a wonderful weekend.😃💕🌷
  • kimber0607
    Happy Friday...so happy don't have to get up at 6:30 tomorrow to get my kids up and ready for the bus!
  • steeliebob
    steeliebob Posts: 55 Member
    For those that get to celebrate Fridays.... Enjoy 🎉🎉
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    Happy Friday fitfam! Stay cool and have a great weekend!
  • clord2
    clord2 Posts: 413 Member
    Hi everyone. I hope everyone has a great weekend
  • sgmcpherson001
    sgmcpherson001 Posts: 1 Member
    Turned 51 end of September. I'd been on WW and was very successful, but then hit 50 and EVERYTHING changed! I can't seem to stick to good eating habits AT ALL. I've been getting bored with food, so grabbing convenience and snacks when I'm hungry without really looking at what I'm eating. And the sad part is that I LOVE different kinds of flavors, and don't mind cooking. But when I have to feed 3 others (husband and 2 teen boys) who are more picky eaters, I fall back on tried and true, and I don't enjoy it as much. I move plenty, whether it's walking, spin bike, or strength training at home. Try to get some yoga or Pilates in every once in a while. I think I realized that all the "free" foods on WW weren't helping me to maintain the weight loss with the metabolism change, so need to get back to actually counting calories so I can lose what I've regained!
  • ChristiCrave
    ChristiCrave Posts: 2 Member
    Hello and Happy Friday! I was on MFP awhile ago and am now starting new today. I'm in my early 50s and have many reasons (and several good excuses) why I am not physically fit anymore. I want to look and feel good again soooo bad! I could use some MFP friends!
  • lrachwitz
    lrachwitz Posts: 7 Member
    Hi all,

I’m 53 and have started back up on a regular workout routine. I’m just barely 2 weeks in and really struggling with the motivation. I used to be able to push through any tiredness or soreness, but the last few years it’s been hard. I struggle with getting enough sleep so I’m sure that doesn’t help (hormone imbalances lol). Could use an accountability partner, so if you’re needing the same and interested, let me know. 🙂 My husband and I live in AZ on an acre of property with two dogs and eleven chickens 😂 . So between taking care of things at home and time with the grandkids, I keep pretty busy. Energy is always off and on now, and I struggle with keeping the sugary/carb foods down. In the past I’ve always been high energy and very active so I could handle a lot of carbs but not so much now. So between finding the energy to keep up a workout routine and eating healthy, I’ve not been doing as well as I’d like. I’m using MFP in hopes that it will help keep me focused long enough until this all becomes habit again.
  • Rjazzz
    Rjazzz Posts: 6 Member
    Hey there.. just turned 30!
  • pandygirl56
    pandygirl56 Posts: 73 Member
    Just dropping in to say HI 🖐️ Hoping everyone is ready for the weekend and that it's an awesome one for everyone.
  • lrachwitz
    lrachwitz Posts: 7 Member
    Sooo, I finally managed to pull myself up and make my way over to my weights lol. Got my workout in and it went by fast, which I realized it always does. It’s so hard to remember this when I’m feeling so tired and motivation is lacking! I’ve GOT to remember this! Lol