What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Threshold Thursday. Wimped out and did two of these 8 minute intervals on the Rower, then two on the AirBike. Both brutal, but the Rower is just so hard to do these on. Mentally, I wasn't there today. Still, as the HR indicates, the last two on the bike were no picnic. 4 X 8 minute intervals (as hard as sustainable) is one of the best ways to improve VO2 Max. Very hard but very effective.

wxeqys8l528z.png
    op3gxli5qdw7.png

• MikePfirrman
    @ Hobbises333 - likely a dirty machine. Dirtier gym machines will have a lower drag factor from the dirt, even if put on a 6 or a seven sometimes. I would ask your gym if there's any way for maintenance to clean the fan. If it's a C2, you should be able to find out what the DF is, regardless of how dirty the machine is. Congrats, though on the watt improvement!
  • sarko15
    sarko15 Posts: 330 Member
    Warm up:
    5 min lateral helix machine

StrongLifts workout B (with a few modifications/additions due to it being the busy time at the gym and machine availability):
    5x5 overhead lifts
    3x10 good mornings
    5x5 squats
    3x10 abdominal crunch machine

Cool down/cardio:
    15 min on stationary bike

It's super challenging for me to get all my lifts in during peak hours at the gym, and I hate waiting for machines. Thankfully I'll be able to go earlier tomorrow. I didn't mean for this to turn into a core day, and I'll probably feel it tomorrow!
  • jhanleybrown
    jhanleybrown Posts: 240 Member
    2,500 yards freestyle. (First time in pool in about 6 months...so planning on soreness tomorrow...). Couple of 20 min dog walks.
  • surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    My schedule got interrupted today so it became a bit of a hodge podge workout...
    15 minutes stretching
    10 min elliptical cardio warm-up,
    35 min squats/leg work w weights
    55 min restorative yoga

went for lunch and a 2 hr break... then back to gym...

7 minutes rowing/cardio warm-up
    75 min more strength training, abs, PT, KB, leg-press with BFR to failure (well, almost - I guess I'm getting stronger!)
    30 min cool down playing table tennis for fun
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    Yesterday: BodyBalance, plus about an hour and a quarter of walking.
    Today: BodyCombat later, which I will need to burn off the tasty street food lunch I am planning :)

I'm currently looking at adjusting my schedule to add in a tap dancing class. Owing to the practicalities of everything, the only place I can fit it in is ten minutes after a BodyPump class (and I will need to spend those ten minutes sprinting between the two). Is that insane?
  • jhanleybrown
    jhanleybrown Posts: 240 Member
    edited October 2019
    10 min yoga. 45 min Peleton power zone (bike spin class).

Was::
    12 min warmup

1st set 30 sec easy between each interval:
    2.5 min zone 4
    2 min zone 5
    90 sec zone 5+
    2 min zone 5
    2.5 min zone 4

3 min easy.
    2nd set same as first except add 30 sec to each interval. Second set was hard so I cheated and did zone 3,4,5 instead of 4,5,5+.

But I finished. I'm calling it good. Will get in a couple of dog walks later. Sorry if this is TMI. Just glad I finished it.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Friday.

60min early morning session with personal trainer. Started with a new running challenge that we started last week. 0.4mile run (was supposed to be 0.4km but someone changed it to miles), 50 squat jumps, 0.4mile run, 50 press ups, 0.4mile run, 50 sit ups. Last week it took me 25 minutes today it took 18, obviously I was far more in the zone.
    We (as in the royal we, meaning me) then moved on to various trx exercises interspersed with my carrying a weight above my head and shuttle runs.

30min easy run, yep taking in my challenge hill, only got 6 more days in the 30 day challenge.

Total.body conditioning class, nice leg burner today.

• Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 463 Member
    Today it was my morning workout for 30 minutes in my home gym and at the end of the day a 5km run.
  • MikePfirrman
    @ Ann -- sounds quite lovely. Trying to talk my wife into a Fall walk up on Mt Lemmon this weekend. It's the only place we see Fall leaves around Tucson -- they have some maples and oak high up on the mountain. It's high color season in that little pocket of Fall here.

Today was just more Steady State (moderately easy work). Tried to keep it at a 6 out of 10 on a difficulty scale. 60 minutes of work -- first 30 on the rower and second 30 in the AirBike @ roughly 155 Watts. The spikes on HR are my standing runs. I do them every five minutes or so just to stand up and not have my rear so sore when I'm done and give the quads a break, but drives up the HR into mini spikes.

fpgehpi3l829.jpg
    vjli1nv6dfyx.png
    mnhb8fsyq15g.png
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    20 min warmup on elliptical
    chest workout (bench press, dumbbell flys, incline dumbbell, pec deck machine and pushups)
  • Finafoshizzle93
    Finafoshizzle93 Posts: 157 Member
    60 min HIIT class using a step with 10 min abs at the end
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Back in the gym for the first time in a while, I was rather nervous due to the number of times my body had been giving out on me at random intervals a month or two ago. (Plus, my workout partner just moved to Detroit, so I had no familiar spotter to cheer me on. :disappointed: )

Took it easy at low weights and the simple 5x5 stuff that an app can basically run for me. Warmed up by walking to the gym and then:
    Back squats @ 95
    Bench press @ 45
    Barbell rows @ 55
    Lat pull downs @ 50

Then I walked home from the gym and went to the dentist and went grocery shopping and my plan to "take it easy" was apparently poorly executed, because I just checked my step counter and I'm at about 17k steps, and I forgot to put it in my pocket while I was pushing the cart at the grocery store.

I now have a lot of cooking and eating in front of me. :blush:

• drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    edited October 2019
    Wednesday
    45 minutes swimming.

Friday
    1 hour, vinyasa yoga

Saturday
    27 mile walk, in around 8 hours 20 (including all stops). This is not a bad pace for such a silly distance, so I am happy, although a little sore.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,721 Member
    Out rowing the double again, about 8.4k, again up past the bridge. We saw the swan flotilla again, but no air show. I hadn't seen a Great Blue Heron in a couple of weeks (in summer, there are routinely multiples, every outing), but we saw one today. The very common geese and Mallard ducks have thinned out a lot.

It was down close to 30 degrees F first thing this morning, but frost was off the dock by the time we got there. It's a question now whether full Fall color will win out, or high winds. This is what it looked like across the river from the rowing club: Way short of full color, still, but leaves starting to go.
    m7lnbexbpzc8.jpg
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Saturday.

Cycled to and from bootcamp - total of around 7miles and somehow got a 10th place trophy on a segment. Really not sure how, considering it was in to the wind on my very much not racing or mountain bike, that I bought purely to get from a to b.

Bootcamp - quite enjoyed this morning, we did some sprint relay races and I was in the winning team. True we had the machine on our team but I held my own. We also did the bring sally up press up challenge (have a look on YouTube, you may only find the squat version, but you'll get the idea). I didnt quite get to the end but I was.the last woman press upping and I only gave up because I realised everyone else had dropped out.

20min run - at night up my challenge hill, waited for the wind to die down so it was later than I would have liked and colder. Plus tried a different chest light at didnt get on with it.
  • alice_climbs_rocks
    alice_climbs_rocks Posts: 42 Member
    Today I rode my bike to the rock climbing gym and climbed pretty insensively for 2-2.5 hours (on and off switching with my belay partner).
    Managed to send one 6a (5.10b) clean but struggled with a couple other 6a's... A mix of lack of technique, strength, and mental oomph.
    Anyone else into rock climbing?
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Out rowing the double again, about 8.4k, again up past the bridge. We saw the swan flotilla again, but no air show. I hadn't seen a Great Blue Heron in a couple of weeks (in summer, there are routinely multiples, every outing), but we saw one today. The very common geese and Mallard ducks have thinned out a lot.

It was down close to 30 degrees F first thing this morning, but frost was off the dock by the time we got there. It's a question now whether full Fall color will win out, or high winds. This is what it looked like across the river from the rowing club: Way short of full color, still, but leaves starting to go.
    m7lnbexbpzc8.jpg

Oooh your water was as nice as ours this morning (or ours was as nice as yours?)! I did a mostly relaxed taper row in an 8 this morning in preparation for my last regatta of the season tomorrow. We were mostly a race line up (I think?). ~7k of fairly easy work and 2k of race pace. I got more or less roped into racing in two races tomorrow because someone had to drop out of the 8 due to family commitments so I was asked last weekend if I could sit in. Because it was 7am and I wasn't exactly thinking straight, I said yes.

Unfortunately, while this is our home regatta, this year it's more of a home away from home due to our boathouse situation so "Portland Fall Classic" will be more like, "Vancouver [Lake] Fall Classic" which meant that we had to load boats this morning and means I will need to pack more warm clothes becuase there won't be a boathouse to stay warm in.