What is your thoughts about this

Replies

• cnjg6677
    cnjg6677 Posts: 177 Member
    Anyone see this
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    edited October 2019
    I watched about half of it. Fell asleep (it wasn't boring but I was real tired). Brought up some interesting points and made me consider giving a more plant based diet a try just to see if I would notice any fitness gains. It is something I have considered doing for awhile anyway as I find my energy levels are not what I would like them to be.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    I’ve just watched it this morning and for me it makes as much of a point about food production sustainability as it does about eating for sports performance. Although that aspect of it is pretty compelling too. If I were younger and athletically minded I’d be on board for that alone.

I’ve been vegetarian for some years (plus intermittently since leaving home about 40 years ago) and I’ve been thinking of extending into veganism more recently anyway. That documentary has certainly pushed me a whole lot closer to that. I now feel slightly guilty that I eat cheese and eggs, which are the only 2 things I’d really miss, I think.

I’m not sure the food sustainability message is going to change things fast enough to avoid the inevitable but my personal intention is to do my part!

• Rebecca102419
    Rebecca102419 Posts: 7 Member
    I thought the documentary was very insightful :)
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Huh.. plant based diets. Well, they can be effect weight loss tools and maintenance. As long as It is mostly whole foods. Most like a LED. As far as gaining muscle. As long as someone is breaking the Leucine threshold. They can gain muscle. Optimal for muscle gains? Not sure.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    It is best to stick to common sense than be influenced by a biased and for-profit documentary. They can make all kinds of outlandish claims because even if it creates a controversy that is good for profit.

Not much common sense in the world today.
    Very sad.

I agree. Had to listen to the film today to comment. It is propaganda, buuuut, if it gets people to replace higher energy dense hyperprocessed food with lower energy dense whole plant foods... what's the worst?
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    steveko89 wrote: »
    NovusDies wrote: »
    It is best to stick to common sense than be influenced by a biased and for-profit documentary. They can make all kinds of outlandish claims because even if it creates a controversy that is good for profit.

QFT. Same goes for most books. If you want hard science stick to actual peer reviewed studies and articles.

Actually because of the herd mentality of peers, the process, and need for funding, you really have to also be wary of those. If there were peer reviews 500 years ago, nobody would have ever believed or funded an expedition around the world. (Hyperbole I know, but peer review, while great is not the be-all, end-all).
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I'm pretty leery of any "documentary", particularly if it's related to nutrition, politics, or religion. In my experience, most have an agenda and data and information is cherry picked to suit that agenda. You can usually find another "documentary" that is the polar opposite of the other and sounds just as convincing.

Yes, here's another clearly biased sourced talking about the biases of the film: https://www.beefmagazine.com/beef/why-schwarzenegger-s-game-changers-documentary-dangerous

• cnjg6677
    cnjg6677 Posts: 177 Member
    Thanks for all the input
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    I watched it last night. I thought it was interesting. I always watch these shows with a healthy dose of skepticism.