What’s the hardest part for you?

Other than the actual weight loss process (eating good and exercising) what’s the hardest part of losing weight for you?

Mine is not weighing myself. I’ll do it twice a day, every day and obsess over every ounce. Right now my goal is to only weigh on Fridays.

Replies

• mitch239
    mitch239 Posts: 77 Member
    It's not actually the eating or maintaining or anything like that. Its actually boredom outside of working hours. I tend to boredom eat and thats when I put on the weight again. Either that or because I live with my family then when they buy something unhealthy I know its there and I pinch a bit and then cannot stop. Just more self discipline more than anything.
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    My situation may be different than most as I suffer from edema and ascites from time to time. But for me, I struggle with the scale. I see doctors frequently for some health concerns and I have stopped weighing myself at home. I am just pressing forward. I mind my calories, try to get my steps in and go on.

I get discouraged though if I weigh myself every morning as the water weight is so unpredictable. So, that's the hardest thing for me, not weighing and trusting that I will have some scale improvement at my next appointment.
  • shira324
    shira324 Posts: 156 Member
    The mirror is my biggest enemy. I want to love my reflection and be happy with where I am, but I just can't seem to do it.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    I don't have a hardest part. I'm actually enjoying the journey. I trust in the process. Maybe I'm just weird. 😀
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    The waiting is the hardest part :blush::wink:

Seriously though, it was. That and believing it's worth doing even though I'm always going to have things I want to change about myself that just aren't realistic.
  • Wycaoak
    Wycaoak Posts: 26 Member
    The feeling like I'm doing well, but still seeing myself in the mirror. I know patience is key, but that gets tested. Hoping that this time, I don't use just the scale for my victories and see the other spots.
  • Burgerandshakes
    Burgerandshakes Posts: 16 Member
    Exercise
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    the hardest part was just being patient. Wanted to see results quickly and when it wasn't happening fast enough there were many angry scale visits!
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    The hardest part is keeping things real, consistent and in proper perspective. The downfall of my previous attempts has been "scale obsession" and with it went health and fitness which should be the focus of my (our) efforts. If I lose weight (which I have) that would and is great!! If not and I know the day will come that I won't, it will no longer "get into my head" or affect what do! It has taken two hip replacements and the likely very irrational fear that if I do not continue with my current mode I will wind up becoming once again the miserable, immobile mess I was a year ago! Sorry, not interested! It's all about good health and for the record, I am down thirty-three plus pounds since May.
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Alia_R wrote: »
    The hardest part of this journey is having your significant other be jealous, not in a good way though. I’ve tried to help and encourage but to no avail. You can’t help someone if they can’t help themselves, right? Just not sure what to do at this point...

That really sucks. Do you think it’s a fear of failure or that you’ll lose weight and leave?
  • Alia_R
    Alia_R Posts: 410 Member
    AmyG1982 wrote: »
    Alia_R wrote: »
    The hardest part of this journey is having your significant other be jealous, not in a good way though. I’ve tried to help and encourage but to no avail. You can’t help someone if they can’t help themselves, right? Just not sure what to do at this point...

That really sucks. Do you think it’s a fear of failure or that you’ll lose weight and leave?

I think it has to do with him thinking of himself as a failure, which I wholeheartedly don’t think of him as that. I know he’s going through a pretty stressful period with work and such, but I’m hoping that this is some phase that he’s in and that he’ll come to his senses.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Resting. Recuperating. Following doctor's orders.
  • mariececilia10
    mariececilia10 Posts: 77 Member
    The reality that I can't live my life like I want if I want to be the size I wish. I live a smaller life of routine when I'm fit. No happy hours..no ordering fun food for a cozy movie night at home...I find myself not going to social functions because there will be food and alcohol. It is pretty much a drag. thanks fo letting me be honest.

This is way too true...it’s so hard to find the balance. I’m struggling with this too.