Online dating

Replies

• jruch23
    jruch23 Posts: 1,069 Member
    I tried Bumble for months and hardly ever got a match. I would go through the profile carefully before making my decision. Left Bumble because rarely got a message from a girl since they have to initiate first. Now I'm on zoosk. I've been on it for about a month and so far no luck. Paying this time too. My uncle met his wife on Zoosk so giving it a shot.
  • jruch23
    jruch23 Posts: 1,069 Member
    People can fake their way into your life without using a dating app, dating apps just make it easier.

That said, some people find true love in this manner, and despite 2 or 3 bad experiences with people I've met on a dating app, I still think they're good as some people are successful on them.

I just don't like modern day dating in general to be honest, I'm not cool with shiz like dating multiple people and so on but apparently it's the norm.

I'll just wait for a sheildmaiden to walk into my life 😂😭

It’s been the norm for a long time. I think it’s odd to want an exclusive commitment right from the start. Seems controlling. Maybe there’s a middle ground?

Nah I'm far from controlling, I just like loyalty, I wouldn't be messing around with other girls if I was dating someone, my interest would be in her, if they want to date multiple people it's fine but just don't involve me.

Well said man. I agree with you
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    jruch23 wrote: »
    I tried Bumble for months and hardly ever got a match. I would go through the profile carefully before making my decision. Left Bumble because rarely got a message from a girl since they have to initiate first. Now I'm on zoosk. I've been on it for about a month and so far no luck. Paying this time too. My uncle met his wife on Zoosk so giving it a shot.

Good luck! I did the same with OK Cupid, with the same results. Its why I gave up actually. I would message 5 girls a day, carefully reading each profile to see what topics to open with.

Took me an hour each time, and never got a reply back with all that effort and time used.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    People can fake their way into your life without using a dating app, dating apps just make it easier.

That said, some people find true love in this manner, and despite 2 or 3 bad experiences with people I've met on a dating app, I still think they're good as some people are successful on them.

I just don't like modern day dating in general to be honest, I'm not cool with shiz like dating multiple people and so on but apparently it's the norm.

It’s been the norm for a long time. I think it’s odd to want an exclusive commitment right from the start. Seems controlling. Maybe there’s a middle ground?

Nah I'm far from controlling, I just like loyalty, I wouldn't be messing around with other girls if I was dating someone, my interest would be in her, if they want to date multiple people it's fine but just don't involve me.

I understand monogamy but in what you’re describing it’s the logistics I don’t understand. If you’ve just met, how does that work?
  • threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,455 Member

I understand monogamy but in what you’re describing it’s the logistics I don’t understand. If you’ve just met, how does that work?

If I went on a date with someone I really liked, I'd stop seeing other people, or planning other dates with prospective partners. I can understand that this method is complicated when you are going on first dates with multiple people, that usually doesn't happen for most men.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    threewins wrote: »

If I went on a date with someone I really liked, I'd stop seeing other people, or planning other dates with prospective partners. I can understand that this method is complicated when you are going on first dates with multiple people, that usually doesn't happen for most men.

Ah ok. That does explain that aspect of it.

Do you not feel it’s a red flag when someone demands exclusivity right from the start? Perhaps that’s primarily a worry women contend with?
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member

This ^^^^
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member

Do you not feel it’s a red flag when someone demands exclusivity right from the start? Perhaps that’s primarily a worry women contend with?

Not so much a demand as a conversation. And having been in this situation I agreed let's see where this goes. On one had I feel like he felt he didnt have to put forth as much effort once we were exclusive...on the other ...i found that out about his personality...sooo...its a case by case scenario for sure
  • your_future_ex_wife

Not so much a demand as a conversation. And having been in this situation I agreed let's see where this goes. On one had I feel like he felt he didnt have to put forth as much effort once we were exclusive...on the other ...i found that out about his personality...sooo...its a case by case scenario for sure

I can understand the case by case explanation.

I did the forsaking all others thing and it was really a special thing. Not something I’d promise lightly and definitely not with a new fella who hadn’t earned it yet. Then again I don’t date so I probably just don’t get it.
  • isalsayourface123

I can understand the case by case explanation.

I did the forsaking all others thing and it was really a special thing. Not something I’d promise lightly and definitely not with a new fella who hadn’t earned it yet. Then again I don’t date so I probably just don’t get it.

Definitely needs to feel worthy/connection...if not its probably just a...ya you're kinda cool...let me date you while I feel out other situations....which is where their frustrations come into play...if you are always looking for something better
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    I've had a Tinder for 6 years now. Been on about 3.5 dates (don't ask about that half a date...lol). I get one match for every 1,000 profiles I swipe right on.

But you know what, I am still determined.
  • isalsayourface123
    kam26001 wrote: »
    I've had a Tinder for 6 years now. Been on about 3.5 dates (don't ask about that half a date...lol). I get one match for every 1,000 profiles I swipe right on.

I know you are joking...but I have been on 1.5 dates with a person :D
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member

I know you are joking...but I have been on 1.5 dates with a person :D

Dating women with the metric system in play has always been a challenge for me.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member

I don’t believe you. But then, I don’t think you’re ever really serious.

• MelindaTat
    MelindaTat Posts: 84 Member
    I've succeeded on a few sites/apps at finding dates and starting relaitonships.