In person PT v online PT?

I started having PT sessions at my local gym at the beginning of June and love it - I’m working on function goals at the mo as have a lot of weight to lose and it was impacting on my health and fitness and I’m seeing a massive improvement.
Unfortunately my PT is moving back to his home town and I’m not keen on the other trainers - I’m sure they are good at their jobs but are way too chirpy and in your face! Anyway my trainer has offered to continue support me online and provide accountability and programs - at a price of course - £50 per month instead of £30 per hour that I pay now.
Has anyone had success with online PT and if so what should I expect from it for my money? I don’t know whether to suck it up and have some trial sessions and hope I gel with a different trainer or try it online.
I’m just terrified I’ll slip back to where I was before I started working out if I don’t have someone overseeing me somehow.

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    My mom was in the same situation - had a trainer she loved who moved and offered on-line coaching. Mom did it for a while and then it fizzled out. This could be due to my mom needing a LOT of hands on interaction she wasn't getting. I encourage you to try it for a while, and if you're not happy, consider alternatives.

Mom is now at a different gym, with a trainer she likes even more.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    If if have a trainer I prefer face to face. Don't mind chatting and bouncing back texts but emails but it really isn't the same. For me the importance was more on training though, if diet support is more your thing online could work.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    I'd prefer to have in person meetings, especially if you're working on proper form and the like. I want the trainer to be able to be by my side when I'm working out.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Give it a try for a month since you’re already familiar with him. If you don’t like it, you’re not out much, then are free to move on.