Less weight to lose

I have 15 lbs that I would like to lose but it sure is tough! I’ve been measuring everything I eat and going to the gym 5-6 times a week .. has helped me lose 2 lbs this past month .. I’m hoping the discipline will continue to help

Replies

• Cinder333
    Cinder333 Posts: 39 Member
    I have around 15 to lose also, and I think it goes a lot slower. I just seriously restarted this week after a big vacation, and I am losing slowly. Sometimes it feels like little reward for a lot of work. I have decided even if it takes months it is still better to be trending downward.
    Good Luck!
  • jhanleybrown
    jhanleybrown Posts: 240 Member
    I had 20 to lose but am down to 14 to go. It's hard. I am losing more like 3-4 pounds a month but it feels like a lot of effort for not much result. But plan is to stick with it until I get it done. Very restricted on alcohol (pretty much none except for 4 cheat days) for 6 weeks. And my incentive to keep going is that i won't allow myself alcohol (Thanksgiving, Christmas and occasional date night excepted) until I lose the 20.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,970 Member
    Things get "tougher" as you near your goal weight...the work doesn't get easier or less, but the "big results" pretty much start to die, and it's smaller losses, same work.

BUT, I think going the slower route, understanding your body is going to be key for KEEPING your progress once you reach your goal. At least you still have losses and results at this point - maintenance is keeping up with the work just to stay where you are. Probably the biggest reason people yo-yo and don't keep the weight off - the "rewards" (at least on the scale) stop, but the work to stay there doesn't really go away.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    When someone is losing close to or in the normal BMI range, the loss is - and should be - slow. I've had months where my loss was as little as .5 lbs and as high as 4 lbs. I upped my calories after the 4 lb month, because I want to lose safely. I'm at almost 6 months and almost 12 lbs lost.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member
    It's going to be slow, and should be slow.

Some women have said they only see a drop once a month, the week after their period.

9kjwnia17qv9.jpg