LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Love reading about your cooking adventures. My tastes are very similar! Since going OMAD I have been allowing myself a few more carbs and have really enjoyed that.
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Lol... baked potatoes are pretty delicious. Just potato dishes in general. /cry I miss potatoes. I wanted to add in some kielbasa too but can never find any that are for a full link instead of just 2oz. Who the hell is only eating 2oz of kielbasa other than children?? But chili with it will be just as good I think :)

Abm4n- I think I'm going to be low carb instead of keto once I'm closer to my goal. I already am right now some days b/c of all the 'low carb' crap I've been eating. Overindulging in it some days ;)

Alrighty.....
    Today's calories are back to normal... or well... a little more than intended but wings....... lots and lots of buffalo wings... they got on my plate and got in my belleh!

Food today

2 coffees
    low carb tortilla w/ chicken thighs and hot sauce
    about 1tbs of the SF whipped cream
    and a ton of wings w/ hot sauce

Total calories.. about 1500

I will definitely take photos of our trunk or treat. I'll take some photos of the things I've been working on once I get them done. Just have a few more things to glue and paint.
    We're going as the Teen Titans Go characters.
    It's been fun working on all of it. I wish I was a bit more crafty so I could've made more for it, but I think I did ok. Our costumes look very homemade but that's part of the 'charm' and fun... at least that's what I'm telling myself :P lol
  • LiLee2018
    OMG I love chilli and a baked potato there is nothing better....OMG especially with the skin all seasoned and delicious.......think that might be a weekend meal for us as well :)......Happy Anniversary!!!!!! How long have you been married???

You will have to share pics of your finished trunk or treat it sounds so fun!!

Almost forgot to answer your question! lol

We've been married for 11 years, but we've been together since we were teenagers. I THINK we met when I was 17... or we started dating when I was 17......... I have no clue. We were friends first then started dating a little later. I'm so bad with this stuff. I know it's always joked that it's the man who forgets all this but nope... it's me. All me.
    For the longest time, I was convinced our anniversary was on the 26th.... then the 24th until FINALLY like 2 years ago I finally got the right date of the 25th lol. For how long we've been together total? No damn clue... I just remember we were teenagers and that's it. I'm 40 and he's 41 so... yeah.. we've been together for a long time. :)
  • LiLee2018
    Eating that many wings was a big mistake on my stomach. It sat in my stomach all night long and I can still feel some of it there this morning too.
    Lots of gas and got woken up by indigestion/reflux.
    Now I have a headache b/c I slept poorly too. Lesson learned dangit. Lesson learned /cry

Ah well. I'll have to try to remember that next time. Ease back in to normal calories instead of just stuffing my face lol.

Also might be having some adult beverages tomorrow. DH mentioned it. We don't have anything, so leaving it up to him. If he wants to buy some, then I'll indulge, but if not.. meh.
    I'm sure alcohol will cause more bloat, but I'm still curious to see what my weight does after dinner tomorrow.

Anyway, nothing much to report on yet. Need some tylenol!

And here is what I've been working on for the trunk or treat the last few days
    It's cut out of foam board and painted w/ acrylics. Some parts are raised. Like the trick or treat back and the green part at the top and rocks at the bottom are multiple layers to make it a little more interesting. Photos and even looking at them IRL they still look 2D though so it wasn't very successful lol.
    86zq9l9t4rg5.jpg
    ym106vr7p2v6.jpg

Just need to maybe add in a city scape to some fabric and will be done with it.

And here are the masks we'll be wearing (I'll be wearing the hooded one at the bottom right)
    gox0cuy4g8zq.jpg

• volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Well happy anniversary that is a long time!! So congrats!

OMG the costumes and trunk or treat stuff or so cute....

Alcohol tends to bloat me up esp beer more than wine but I only indulge on weekends when I tend to not pay attention to food....

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    YOU'RE SO CREATIVE! I can't even handle stick figures LMAO

GIRL, wings sound SOOOOO good - I should do wings soon - they're on sale sometimes here :)

Contrary to volgirl, a little liquor usually shows a DROP for me - I don't get any of the bloat. Now that being said, I usually go straight vodka and drink the CRAP outta water :) IN FACT, my "fasting" day this week included some straight vodka, and I showed a 4 pound overnight loss....just sayin' LOL

Congrats on your anniversary! If Ced steps s**t up this holiday and I don't kick him to the curb, 2020 will be our 10 year :) Tolerating someone that long isn't easy :D

Just a thought - perhaps you just have tummy issues, but if you're getting the gassy bloaty thing a LOT, maybe the super low carb isn't for you? I mean I know you said youre doing low carb instead of Keto, but it sounds like your body is fussin' atcha about it. Just a thought :) I can't do any of that stuff cause I'll get SUPER bloaty and gassy if I don't get FIBER...like MAD fiber. I had 3 cups of broccoli yesterday and I don't even think that was enough...maybe barely LOL
  • LiLee2018
    I just have gut issues. I really need to find myself a doctor to get it looked at and get some sort of reason why my digestion in general is so bad., but doctors in this general area are few or overworked and *kitten* (the last one I saw) so it's just put me off trying to find another for now. I know I should though... soon. UUUGH I hate looking for a new doctor though. SO much paper work and questions

We try to stick to just keto friendly alcohol and I enjoy tequila which is one of them and it does bloat me up when I drink it. The last few times I've had it, drunk me cheated like crazy so I'll have to control myself if we decide to imbibe tomorrow lol.
  • mistymeadows2005
    LMAO drinkin' kills my appetite COMPLETELY!!! Yeah babe, a doc would probs be able to help - I just hate seeing you suffer just from eating possibly unnecessarily, ya know? I get to go back to my old doctor that moved now that I left UWM...he HAPPENED to move to a location halfway to my house AND IT HAPPENED to be the facility all my records were going to :) Of course, I haven't sucked it up and signed up for insurance coverage cause it's gonna cost me 300 bucks a month but I really should *sigh*
  • LiLee2018
    Oh I wish it did that to mine. I'm not really hungry, but my drunken self gets the munchies. lol I also get lovey but also lose patience with movies. We usually watch older cheesy movies and we've turned off so many for being 'too boring' lol.
    Anywho...
    DH bought some so it's on like drunken donkey kong tomorrow! lol

Food today
    3 coffees
    kimchi
    low carb yogurt
    Big salad w/ pan fried in butter shrimp w/ italian dressing
    half a chocolate mug cake w/ SF whipped cream

That whipped cream is delicious. It has a thicker consistency than regular stuff.
    That mug cake was good too. It overflowed, but remained gooey. Didn't dry out like the chocolate ones have done before.
    Yum!

Total calories, about 1300 :)
    Not too shabby I think!
    Also resisted tasting the cheesecake batter... even though it looked delcious. SIGH! I doubt there will be anything left tomorrow, but if he brings any home... I may eat it! lol
  • volgirl1322
    Enjoy your drunken day today :)
  • LiLee2018
    Lol.. I definitely will. More looking forward to the baked potato! Nomnomnomnom

Weight this morning was 176.2 which is up a pound from last friday. Maybe bloat, maybe actual weight gain (not sure how though). /shrugs
    A little bump in the road. Not the first, won't be the last. I'm still going though!

I'm definitely going to incorporate more lower calorie days now though. I think that definitely helped at least mentally. Just showed me that I really don't need to eat a ton of food to feel ok.

Aaaaand yep. Feeling pretty OK this morning :)
  • volgirl1322
    That pound is nothing and will be gone in no time. I have gotten used to some low cal days throughout the week and I really enjoy it still able to eat just really watch cals and portions but I feel amazing when I stick to it.
    Happy Anniv. <3<3
  • mistymeadows2005
    Enjoy your day!!! Celebrating is SO FUN! :)

1 pound is probs just water weight, so ONWARD!!! :)
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Firstly, love your photo :) Also, happy anniversary my dear <3 Wow, you met your hubby earlier than little old me. Is he your 1st? DH is my 1st and we have been married for 21 years. These days, its not often that a couple stays together for a long time. In my group of friends, only a few of us are still together. I guess I am just old fashion :blush: OMG, you are an artist. You should be doing these and start selling it at the markets...its AMAZING! :+1: Have a wonderful time with your family <3 We don't really celebrate Halloween over here..its not a huge thing. I truly hope that you will find a Doctor who will help you with your gut issues *hugs* Don't worry about that 1 lbs gain..it might just be water weight. It will be gone in no time :)

uxfp93q4c8wa.jpg
  • LiLee2018
    Thanks! :)
    He was definitely my first serious relationship. As for the first of other things.. ahem............... ;)

Anywho!

So 2 bits of info...
    I ate A LOT and drank a good bit Friday. I had 2 baked potatoes w/ a big bowl of chili that had lots of kidney beans in it. I also had some cookies and milk and lots of tequila and rum :P lol
    Only up 2lbs the day after. Woot!! right!?
    Yeah well, we extended celebrations in to Saturday too.
    Had a chicken biscuit from a chicken place (Bojangles), more cookies and milk, and then we tried take-out Chinese from a place we hadn't been to before and holy crap... best lomein I've ever had. Every other place I've ever gotten them, they've always been overcooked and mushy... this place.. the noodles had a delicious chew and thick and the flavor was delicious. Whenever we cheat again, I want more from this place. A lo mein all to myself!! lol
    Anyway... I had some of that, 1 chicken wing, and some saucy veg and meat dish we also got... and then more cookies and milk.
    Now I think I controlled myself. When I've cheated before, I go WAY overboard with everything, but I limited myself to just enjoying some cookies and milk that we already had. Even turned down buying ice cream that I had been craving Friday.
    And... up about 7lbs this morning. /shrugs
    Lol oh well. It was a nice weekend of celebration :)
    Shows me though that MAYBE if my higher carbs are coming from mostly whole complex carb foods, then my body may not react like it does to sugar or mostly processed carbs. Hope that made sense.

Difficult to say though since I did have cookies. /shrug

Anyway.... I plan on doing low cal this week again. I REALLY enjoyed doing it. I mean, mentally it was still a struggle b/c that's just one of the things I struggle with (overeating), but I enjoyed it in the sense of the control I felt and the realization that I felt fine and could actually do it.
    It's steak tonight so gotta make sure I weigh everything to keep it low cal :)
  • LiLee2018
    Food yesterday

2 coffees
    low carb yogurt
    kimchi
    ribeye w/ SF sweet and spicy BBQ sauce and hot sauce

Total calories, about 900

Not too shabby. Would've been slightly less calories, but after eating the steak, it just felt like I needed more which led to the yogurt then the kimchi.
    I'll take 900 though :)

Feeling extremely tired today. Think I'm going to bed early tonight. I just need an extra hour of sleep or something. Been waking up exhausted lately.

Weight is still up about 4lbs right now. Even with Trunk or Treat and Halloween coming up... I can resist candy. Normally candy isn't even a temptation for me unless I specifically buy some for myself. Plus their Trunk or Treat is supposed to be a nut free zone (usually isn't though, but they try to be), so usually means no chocolate which is even easier for me to resist then lol.
    There shouldn't be any cheating this week though.
    And yeah... I'm good and although I'm tired.. feeling good :)
  • volgirl1322
    Glad you had a great annv. weekend that is super fine with all your cheats and sounds like your really enjoyed it ---that is super awesome!!! Low cal has been a huge help you will get those extra pounds off in no time!!

Have fun with the trunk or treat!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    OK so many comments LMAO

1 - Lo Mein is the best americanized chinese food that ever existed - and I also am SO SUPER PICKY about it for the same reason! It's always dry and overcooked and the noodles are too small (which I like in every other noodle except Asian noodles LOL)
    2 - BOJANGLES nom nom nom - I haven't had it in YEARS...so good.
    3 - who cares you're up!!! I'm up EVERY Monday! It'll go away :kissing_heart:

• LiLee2018
    Yeah, I like rice noodles and regular ramen type of noodles, but I would much rather have thick udon noodles or like the lo mein we got on Saturday. I'm gonna be dreaming about that dish. MAN was it good! rofl Hopefully not a fluke and always that good so whenever we get it again, I won't be disappointed with my choice to get it :)

• mistymeadows2005
    What flavor did you get!? I always get pork cause i like the fat >:)>:)>:)