Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

The most polarizing food: where do you stand?

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,978 Member
    edited October 2019
    ^^^ The frosted sugar cookies in OP??

yes, i know we are 33 pages down the track but it is still possible somebody is reading the OP :D:);)
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member

yes, i know we are 33 pages down the track but it is still possible somebody is reading the OP :D:);)

:D Ah yes...you are correct...I'm one that 'forgot'
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

:D Ah yes...you are correct...I'm one that 'forgot'

Haha at this point I forgot the original food in focus... :D
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    So I finally had one of these cookies when someone brought them for last weekend's Halloween party. So just a soft, cake like cookie... and completely devoid of flavor. I cannot imagine why anyone would waste the calories or money on these when so many superior choices exist.
  • Jackie_Paper
    Jackie_Paper Posts: 183 Member
    something about these absolute trash biscuts...i cant help it...i LOVE THEM. I like that they are so squishy more like a cake puck than a cookie. Only recently have I found out that people hate them.
  • pancakerunner
    something about these absolute trash biscuts...i cant help it...i LOVE THEM. I like that they are so squishy more like a cake puck than a cookie. Only recently have I found out that people hate them.

That's the thing about them that I don't like! Like eating sofa foam.
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    I generally don't like cookies. Theres only one cookie i can't resist if its put in front of me and thats a fresh chocolate chunk cookie hot out of the oven and it must be gooey. I hate hard cookies. Oddly enough, my other unresistable dessert is slightly under baked walnut brownies cold in the fridge.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    I generally don't like cookies. Theres only one cookie i can't resist if its put in front of me and thats a fresh chocolate chunk cookie hot out of the oven and it must be gooey. I hate hard cookies. Oddly enough, my other unresistable dessert is slightly under baked walnut brownies cold in the fridge.

The local McDonald's where I live bakes their chocolate chip cookies on order, so I walk out with a hot, fresh, gooey chocolate chip cookie every time I stop by. Which is why I have to limit myself on how many times I go by the place, because those cookies are hard to resist!
  • pancakerunner
    g19jphdifiow.jpg

best flavor
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    My polarizing food (as in: love it / hate it) is bread - bread of the cheap sort. I used to be able to eat 2 loaves with all the trimmings, and that just over lunch time. I did a calculation through MFP and such a meal would add up to a staggering 10.000 to 12.000 calories. I would feel sluggish all afternoon and eventually feel tired, even fall asleep. Then I learned about "trigger food" through MFP - what it means to one's mind, one's body, the implications and prognosis. Nowadays most of my carbs come from vegetables, fruits, dairy products, legumes - in that order. 600 days later, 44 kg lost so far and much more weight to go. Thank you MFP and all those supportive members!
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    g19jphdifiow.jpg

best flavor

Taffy is garbage.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    g19jphdifiow.jpg

best worst, most disgusting, will never eat, flavor

FIFY
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    edited November 2019
    Yuck. Bland, oversweet, and undercooked.

They are also my daughter's favorite, and as she's the only one in the house who likes them, a couple times a year someone gets her a box as a special treat. She's only allowed 3-4 in a day, and you'd better believe she counts out how many there are and exactly what times she can space them out for maximum sweet coverage 🤣
  • pancakerunner
    Momepro wrote: »
    Yuck. Bland, oversweet, and undercooked.

They are also my daughter's favorite, and as she's the only one in the house who likes them, a couple times a year someone gets her a box as a special treat. She's only allowed 3-4 in a day, and you'd better believe she counts out how many there are and exactly what times she can space them out for maximum sweet coverage 🤣

undercooked. Haven't heard that description.... but completely agree.
  • widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    Fudge...absolutely revolting to me but some adore 🤷‍♀️
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Apparently- Brussels Sprouts - one either loves them or hates them. Make mine crispy please!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Apparently- Brussels Sprouts - one either loves them or hates them. Make mine crispy please!

They are definitely a food that’s sensitive to cooking style. Roasted is amazing, one of my favorites. Any other way? Ranges from tolerable to downright gross.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member

They are definitely a food that’s sensitive to cooking style. Roasted is amazing, one of my favorites. Any other way? Ranges from tolerable to downright gross.

@RelCanonical - haha- agree!!!
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    My two cents from a far away country in Europe:

* All grilled cheese is eaten with a dash of mayo and ketchup and some cornichons
    * A variation of grilled cheese is to put the last night' leftover spaghetti bolognaise inside the grilled cheese sandwich and then toast it - then dip in ketchup and/or mayo
    * Peanut butter is savoury. Last year I wanted to try an American brand and I was horrified when it tasted sweet-sugary
    * Peanut butter sauce on chicken skewers makes a meal
    * hot dogs are always eaten with ketchup and/or mustard and sauerkraut
    * a perfect snack is piping hot pasta (macaroni will do), with a knob of butter and brown sugar
    * roasted brussels sprouts are staple food during winter time
  • pancakerunner
    Antiopelle wrote: »
    My two cents from a far away country in Europe:

* All grilled cheese is eaten with a dash of mayo and ketchup and some cornichons
    * A variation of grilled cheese is to put the last night' leftover spaghetti bolognaise inside the grilled cheese sandwich and then toast it - then dip in ketchup and/or mayo
    * Peanut butter is savoury. Last year I wanted to try an American brand and I was horrified when it tasted sweet-sugary
    * Peanut butter sauce on chicken skewers makes a meal
    * hot dogs are always eaten with ketchup and/or mustard and sauerkraut
    * a perfect snack is piping hot pasta (macaroni will do), with a knob of butter and brown sugar
    * roasted brussels sprouts are staple food during winter time

I agree that peanut butter (and all nut butters) should be savory. Which is why I hate nutella.

But spaghetti on grilled cheese?? No.