Checking In!

ehalle4
ehalle4 Posts: 4 Member
Hey all! I just got back from vacation...where I did zero tracking. I’m getting back on track today and thought it’d be great to check in with everyone.

To get us all motivated, what is one small daily change you’ve made/are trying to make?

Replies

• ehalle4
    ehalle4 Posts: 4 Member
    Mine is to only have one soda a week. I know, it’s ridiculous bc most adults don’t even like soda, but sadly I really do. If I can make it a weekly treat instead of a lunchtime routine, that should add up over a few months!
  • redgrudge19
    redgrudge19 Posts: 10 Member
    Not giving in to sweets cravings, bc of lack of self control.... if I let myself make cookies (anything like my favorite vegan cookie/brownie/dessert bar recipes), I can’t enjoy just one cookie. I’ll eat several each day, until they are gone, and then I’ve lost out on my calorie intake goals all week! At this time, I’ll be better off not putting the temptation in my path. Because for me, it’s not really working to “just have one.” 🍪🍫🍩:)
  • DaveGrows
    DaveGrows Posts: 31 Member
    Park further away from where I’m going and increase my daily steps!
  • RenaSkam
    RenaSkam Posts: 16 Member
    Not digging into the bakery goods that seem to find their way in to work every day! 5 weeks & have not had a one, personal victory!!
  • gemiller87
    gemiller87 Posts: 137 Member
    DaveGrows wrote: »
    Park further away from where I’m going and increase my daily steps!

I recently started wearing my wife's old apple watch and was amazed how much little things like that really add up to step count and respectively how non-exersize activities really do add up. Even things like folding laundry between my workout sets at night has been adding up.

• Denisey445
    Denisey445 Posts: 11 Member
    ehalle4 wrote: »
    Mine is to only have one soda a week. I know, it’s ridiculous bc most adults don’t even like soda, but sadly I really do. If I can make it a weekly treat instead of a lunchtime routine, that should add up over a few months!

You're not alone, I've been trying to limit to 1 a day. It's diet soda but man it's tough to give those bubbles up.
  • Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    edited October 2019
    I look for treats I like, but do not love. For me, this is sugar free chocolate pudding. It helps my chocolate craving, but I don't love it so much that I would overeat it.

Also, many adults love soda. I have seen many threads posted on MFP from other adults struggling with soda consumption. Not strange at all. (And many don't consider soda a bad thing as long as you can fit it into your daily calories).
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    Cut out the snacks til xmas. I am usually pretty good, but they have been sneaking in and have put on a couple of kilos. Annoying.
  • dougpro
    dougpro Posts: 9 Member
    Mine is not eating pizza. Before I started 7 weeks ago I was eating pizza about 4 days a week. Now I’m going low carbs and keep my carbs under 70 per day. Oh I also cut out chips, cookies, and ice cream. It’s starting to get easier. I get more motivated by watching the lbs come off. Gl all
  • Machafin
    Machafin Posts: 2,988 Member
    Good Luck! You can do it!
  • lunazaki8
    lunazaki8 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm trying to only have treat food once or twice a week instead of every day even if it fits on my calories
  • frksfrau
    frksfrau Posts: 108 Member
    I am making sure to weigh my food and track it before I put it in my mouth.