fitbit one?

Options
Are the burnt calories sent over here accurate?
Steps only.
TIA.

Replies

• DanyellMcGinnis
    DanyellMcGinnis Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I doubt it because mine shows nearly the same calories if I walk 1000 steps in 20 minutes or do 10 minutes of a kickboxing workout that counts about the same number of steps but is more difficult and gets my heart rate up. So I don't even sync my Fitbit to MFP. (I also have the Fitbit One so it doesn't actually track my heart rate.)
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    I doubt it because mine shows nearly the same calories if I walk 1000 steps in 20 minutes or do 10 minutes of a kickboxing workout that counts about the same number of steps but is more difficult and gets my heart rate up. So I don't even sync my Fitbit to MFP. (I also have the Fitbit One so it doesn't actually track my heart rate.)

That actually sounds like proof that it is estimating reasonably, rather than the other way around. Why wouldn't you expect a low-intensity activity like walking to burn half as many calories as a higher-intensity kickboxing workout for the same amount of time?

I agree that heart-rate data could improve the accuracy of the estimate, but don't discount the value of the data from a device that doesn't track it, either.
  • babyluthi
    babyluthi Posts: 284 Member
    Options