Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    psychod787 wrote: »
    CSARdiver wrote: »

I have not tried this yet. Not sure how I feel about this, but have hopes that the goodness of Scotch can overcome all obstacles.

https://time.com/5694256/glenlivet-capsules-whiskey-pods/

Have none of you amateurs not heard of jello shots? This sounds like a waste of money. What is with people trying to reinvent the wheel?

Anyone up for some 151 dark cherry jello shots? Or some Everclear jello shots if you can handle them.

Nope. Not vegetarian. :lol:

they make vegetarian thickeners.... lol

FTR, the ones I've tried are weird. Most food things I find dislikable are about texture, and that's the issue here.

I'll keep drinking my drinks, thanks. They go down nice and smooth that way. ;)

They do taste "weird"... I used them when taking care of patients with swallowing issues.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Beer helps you lose weight cause it doesn’t go well with candy bars and cookies.
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Beer helps you lose weight cause it doesn’t go well with candy bars and cookies.

You have a really good point. I am not even thinking about food while drinking.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options

Goes well with the Waffle House at 3am!! Lol
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »

Goes well with the Waffle House at 3am!! Lol

Is Waffle House an East Coast thing? :'(
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,055 Member
    Options

FTR, the ones I've tried are weird. Most food things I find dislikable are about texture, and that's the issue here.

I'll keep drinking my drinks, thanks. They go down nice and smooth that way. ;)

You are a vegetarian and you have issues with textures? That must be rough.

Nah. I like most things. For the very few things I dislike, texture is the reason more often than flavor (except seaweed). Agar-jelled stuff is vaguely creepy; I can eat it if I have to, but I'm not going to ruin good alcohol that way. Pretty sure I wouldn't like jello shots much anyway: I prefer mostly not-sweet alcohol.

Really: Whatever happened to drinking drinks, FerGoshSakes? I thought that hydration backpack idea for sports alcohol was a really good one!

Rowing club had rowing parties a few times on the rowing barge, with party lights, rowing, snacks, and alcoholic drinks. The drinks were variously jello shots (not for me), tight-lidded cups with ultra-long plastic tubing straws, or drink valets who walked down the center of the barge (where coaches usually walk) pouring stuff directly into people's mouths. You have to stop rowing to eat the snacks; wouldn't wanna stop rowing anytime you want a little sip, wouldja? ;)
  • corinasue1143
    Options
    Beer helps you lose weight, cause after a few, you go to sleep(?) without supper, thus saving calories.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,055 Member
    Options

Sadly, it goes very well with nachos, deep-fried almost anything, cheese, . . . .
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    beer helps me lose weight because i hate beer and if that's the only thing available to drink-i'm not drinking it
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Beer helps you lose weight, cause after a few, you go to sleep(?) without supper, thus saving calories.

See for me, beer make me want to eat, wine puts me to sleep without food. More proof that different things work for different people :lol:
  • corinasue1143
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

See for me, beer make me want to eat, wine puts me to sleep without food. More proof that different things work for different people :lol:

I actually don’t drink alcohol. Just remembering other people who do.

• tbright1965
    tbright1965 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    lkpducky wrote: »
    sijomial wrote: »
    There is no truth in the rumour I picked my bike's frame size so that it would fit a wine bottle.
    Shame I forgot the corkscrew.....

b33v2v8kpvt3.jpg

There are perfectly good screw-cap wines out there now :p

Perhaps you need this setup:

cpv50hzsyj3o.jpg

Not mine, just an image found on pinterest
  • tbright1965
    tbright1965 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Will this work with vodka?

Vodka mixed into your water bottle with a bit of Kiwi Strawberry Propel is a good combination :)